Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "pjayem1964" (Stoke on Trent UK)

Bodum 1446 Latteo Milk Frother
Bodum 1446 Latteo Milk Frother
Offered by Harts Of Stur

5.0 out of 5 stars 10/10 for this great frother., 17 Jun. 2013
Bought this a few weeks ago and am so impressed with it. Froths up skimmed milk like a dream. We can now enjoy skinny lattes and cappuccinos at home. I warm the milk up first in the microwave for about 1m 40s, then froth away for about 20 seconds. Perfect. Well recommended.

The Girl on the Swing
The Girl on the Swing

5.0 out of 5 stars The Girl On The Swing, 12 Jan. 2011
This is the first Kindle book I've read by an independent author and I'm really pleased to say how much I enjoyed Ali's book. Plenty of twists and turns and like most reviewers I too found it hard to put down. Five stars from me

Blood, Sweat and Tea: Real Life Adventures in an Inner-city Ambulance
Blood, Sweat and Tea: Real Life Adventures in an Inner-city Ambulance

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes you laugh and cry, 26 Dec. 2010
Having had my Kindle for Christmas, I decided to look at the free book list & found Tom's book. Working in the caring profession though not in the London area, I can relate to some of his anecdotes, which are laugh out loud and sad both at the same time. Well worth reading. Try it, it won't cost you a penny if you own a Kindle (Correct at the time of downloading)

Hitachi HDR165 160GB Digital TV Freeview+ Recorder
Hitachi HDR165 160GB Digital TV Freeview+ Recorder

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother., 29 Oct. 2010
Back in August my Thomson Top Up TV box gave up the ghost and died. I then decided to look for a replacement and found it in the shape of the Hitachi HDR165. The nightmare lasted 1 month. On set up, the box populated with channels and forgot to add the pictures, turned off then on again. Recordings missed, freeze ups, an opportunity to update the software was missed by the box having set it for automatic software update. When it did record, it uses the Freeview+ system which is good when it works.

One other gripe was I decided to record Michael Wood's Story Of England to be recorded once only as I'm a little nervy about series link after the nightmares of my previous box and Freeview+ niggles, but that's another story. I then got the repeat showings recording later on the same night and the following day. I want only ONE recording, Hitachi, not two or three of the same show. Let me say that there is an option that if you are recording more than one programme at the same time and you're watching a programme from the library at the same time, the option to record your desired show at a different time does come up, however my recordings did not clash time wise.

The final straw was when the power light came on but the box would not power up. I did the usual, switched power off then on again, left it for a few hours but no boot up. So I returned the box to Argos due to it being faulty and have now replaced it with a Humax box.

So maybe I was just unlucky? I will never know.

Reamonn
Reamonn
Offered by sdiscs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reamonn, 10 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Reamonn (Audio CD)
Reamonn are a German based band with an Irish born singer. After several years wowing European audiences and supporting the likes of Robbie Williams, Nelly Furtado and more recently Status Quo. Reamonn have decided to try it here in the UK. The album starts with the classical/rock combination song 'Faith' and as I write 4 of the songs have been released as singles in the UK.

1. Set Of Keys - A slight resemblence to U2, if I may say so
2. Moments Like This.
3 and 4 The double A sided single Million Miles and Through The Eyes Of A Child.

My personal favourite tracks are Aeroplane and Goodbyes but the song Open Skies, about the German WW1 fighter pilot Baron Von Richthofen is also very good. All in
all there isn't really a bad track on the album. I recommend it.

My rating 5/5

Million Miles
Million Miles

5.0 out of 5 stars Million Miles/Through The Eyes Of A Child, 9 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Million Miles (MP3 Download)
Germany's best kept secret, Reamonn's double A sided cd single Million Miles and Through The Eyes Of A Child is their latest UK release from their self titled CD album. In my opinion both tunes are poverful rock/pop songs, specifically Through The Eyes Of A Child. However, Million Miles also has a really catchy tune and is not to be sniffed at. Reamonn are a truly underrated band and I really hope these 2 songs give them the recognition they truly deserve. They are an excellent live band amd they deserve to make it here in the UK. My rating 5/5