Profile for Bisoneyes > Reviews

Official HTC Sensation Battery 1520mAh BA S560
Offered by Glitzy Gizmos
Price: 7.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and first class service, 5 Aug 2013
My phone battery life was so short as to be virtually unusable. The price was fantastic, the product delivered in a super quick time and it's given my phone a new lease of life! Highly recommended seller.

Henson Audio BTH033 Bluetooth Headphones - **Now with NFC (Near Field Communication)** - Connect Wirelessly To Any Bluetooth Enabled Device Such As A Smart Phone, Tablet PC Or Computer For Wire Free Music - 10 Meter Wireless Range - Send And Receive Phone Calls Directly From The Headphones **As featured in GQ Magazine**
Offered by Henson Audio
Price: 149.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones at a bargain price, 10 April 2013
These headphones are superb. I had been looking around for a set of Bluetooth headphones for a while, I'd seen many pairs, but none of them looked the part. Having read a number of reviews of these I decided to take the plunge. I'm glad I did.

They come excellently packaged, in a professional looking box. Inside you'll find everything you need to get started. The headphones don't take long to charge up and are then ready to be used. The set are easy to link to you devices, and were immediately visible to my HTC phone and Nexus 10 when I switched them on.

The sound reproduction is excellent. Crystal clear and sharp. I have listened to another, much more expensive set, and I couldn't notice any discernible difference in the audio reproduction quality.

They are comfortable to use and wear over a long period. They do seem to need to be readjusted every-time you put them back on, although this probably has something to do with the folding of the unit to put it away in it's carry bag.

They work well when taking a phone call on them, and once you get used to the locations of the buttons on the side you can easily answer call, adjust the volume and terminate them.

Finally at the prince listed on here, they are a bargain.

Highly recommended. Get some today.

Kensington Soft Carrying Case for 10 inch Tablets
Kensington Soft Carrying Case for 10 inch Tablets
Price: 20.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product at a fantastic price, 9 Jan 2013
I brought this product to keep my Nexus 10 safe to and from work. It's really well made, with a fantastically soft inside so that it really looks after your tab. The product has a small pocket at the from which is ideal for bits and pieces or even your phone! The little carry handle on top is really useful. All together a really well made product which looks as though it costs a lot more than it did. So glad I went for this rather than a more expensive one. Five Stars. Get one, you'll not regret it.

Asus nVIDIA 3D GeForce GTX 560 TI DirectCu II TOP Graphics Card (1GB)
Asus nVIDIA 3D GeForce GTX 560 TI DirectCu II TOP Graphics Card (1GB)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a cracking card !!!!, 24 Mar 2012
I purchased this card to give my machine a boost and to enable me to run Skyrim, with all the whistles and bells. It certainly hasn't disappointed . I run Skyrim at Ultra setting with no stuttering or freezing. The graphics look fantastic and the card handles anything you can throw at it with ease. The product came beautifully boxed and was really easy to fit into my machine. The software included enables you to overclock the card even further if you want to, but I see no reason you'd want to do this.

It's a power thirsty so make sure that you're PSU can handle it before you buy, I'm running it off a 750W PSU and have no problems. The card runs really quietly, you won't even know it's there even when under heavy use.

All in all this is a fantastic card and one that I would highly recommend.

Now all I need to do is get another so that I can SLI them.

Synology DS211j 2-bay - No HDD - NAS Enclosure (No HDD Installed)
Synology DS211j 2-bay - No HDD - NAS Enclosure (No HDD Installed)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great piece of kit!!!!!, 11 Dec 2010
After extensive research I eventually decided upon the Synology DS211J. I wanted it to help with the storeage of many additional data and to help free up space on my C drive.

I teamed the unit with two Samsung F4 EcoGreen 2TB 32MB 5400RPM 3.5 inch SATA-II Internal Hard Drive - OEM, available from Amazon.

When both items arrived I set them up immediately. The Synology is easy to put together, and the two drives slot in easily. Load on the Software onto your PC and away you go. The unit is set up with a few clicks and some naming of drives and units. It really is that easy. You don't need to be a network administrator trust me.

Once the volumes had been completed the Synology worked like a dream from the off. My data was transfered at a rapid rate and at least I have the peace of mind knowing that it's safely stored. I hooked it through the supplied network cable, and through my broadband hub.

The unit goes into sleep mode whilst not in use and when being used is really quite quiet.

The design of the unit is sleek and modern looking. Its small size means that I can store it on my desk, without it taking up lots of space.

I think I've only just scratched the surface of what the unit can do, with software provided for remote camera access, iTunes and audio and photo station facilities.

For the money this is top draw and something I highly recommend.

Five stars all the way.

Braun Series 5 590cc Clean & Renew System Electric Rechargeable Male Foil Shaver

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic electric shaver, 20 Jan 2010
I purchased this Braun shaver just before Christmas and have been using it since it arrived. It is the best shaver I've owned, and I've had Braun shavers for the last 20 years. The head provides and close and clean shave and the long hair trimmer does the trick. It's more than capable of dealing with a days growth of beard or several days of stubble. The head of the shaver can be set to static or flex which will alter the type of shave you get. All in all it's the smoothest and closes shave I've ever had.

The shaver comes with a carry case and cleaning brush

The cleaning system is great and using it every other day I've only half used the cartridge so far. Once cleaned the shaver has a great fresh lemon scent. The shaver will tell you when it needs cleaning as the yellow light comes on. The cleaning process takes about 5 minutes to complete, however the shaver isn't ready for use until the cleaning light is out. The whole process takes about four hours, so don't start it if you're about to go out. If you don't want to use the cleaning system you can run the unit under a tap to clean the parts. I've yet to try this yet, but I guess it'd be useful if you're away on holiday and don't want to take the base with you.

The shaver can be recharged either in the cleaning station or via the lead (supplied) from the mains into the shaver itself.

The system even tells you when you need to replace the cutter and foil.

Down sides to this Braun. Well, I've yet to find any to be honest!

Overall I'm massively impressed with this product, and would highly recommend it hence the 5 star rating.

Samsung LE40B650T2 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p Crystal LCD TV with Media 2.0 and Freeview

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible!!!!, 6 Nov 2009
Wow what can I say, all round a fantastic TV. The sound is the only area that lets this set down. Got this hooked up to HD and the quality is amazing. It doesn't miss a beat. Amazing price for an amazing set. Highly recommended!

Fisual Install Series GOLD Plated HDMI to DVI Cable 1.5m
Fisual Install Series GOLD Plated HDMI to DVI Cable 1.5m

5.0 out of 5 stars HMDI to DVI Cables, 21 May 2009
What a bargain! Quality product, excellent service and fast delivery. Picture quality with my Samsung T220HD is 1st class!!!! I'd highly recommend.

The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon)
The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon)
by Dan Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but disappointing ending........., 5 Oct 2004
The reviews on this novel by Dan Brown seem to be split into two camps. Those who love the book and those who hate it.
I fall in the middle. Although, as almost everybody agrees, the book is a true page turner this is only in certain sections of the book. The start is fast paced and action packed as you are introduced to the characters. The central part of the book can seem rambling as certain characters loose their way, one ending up flying about Europe with a case full of cash!
Brown takes the reader on a tour of clues, dropping them sequentially throughout the book. The chapters where he deals with Da Vinci, his paintings and iconography are interesting but ultimately do little for the book. His chapters on goddess figurines lack the understanding of their place in the archaeological record of European and Middle Eastern archaeology. However their use provides an amusing aside!
The relationships between the characters seem shallow and unconvincing at times, and at other points they seem so deep that you wonder how on earth they got to that point.
The ending of the book actually comes some time before the pages finish. This leaves the reader going though story that doesn't need to be told. The conclusion is therefore quite disappointing as Brown fails to tie up the plot into a satisfactory proposition.
In all the book is an OK read. It passes the time, and the story at times in enjoyable. It could have done with being slighly shorter, tighter and with a snappier ending. One for reading on the train/bus/plane as you go into work.

Jim Otto: The Pain of Glory
Jim Otto: The Pain of Glory
by Jim Otto

4.0 out of 5 stars Jim Otto. The Pain of Glory, 6 May 2003
Jim Otto. The Pain of Glory is a book that covers Otto's life to date, but pays particular attention to the early years of the storied NFL club the Oakland Raiders.
Beginning with his poor childhood in rural Wisconsin, the book tracks Otto's progression to college, and on to the NFL. It outlines Otto's determination to succeed when all about him were telling him he was too small to play college football at the centre position, let alone go on to the Pro game.
Once at the Raiders the book highlights the painful beginnings for the club, and the struggles Otto overcame to become an All Pro centre. Otto's obvious love for the club and for its owner Al Davis shine through the pages. Along with this Otto highlights the key players with whom he played football with and tells some great stories about the likes of Ben Davidson, Kenny Stabler and other Raider greats.
He speaks out in the book against the modern NFL and the attitude of the player and their agents. He rages against the inclusion of players he consider unworthy of selection to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, but whose busts stand side by side with his. Finally he lambasts the NFL who called him a liar.
Most movingly though Otto speaks of the 'Pain of Glory'. About the untold operations he has had on his once primed body, which is now giving up on him as he pays for the success he enjoyed in ways he probably never thought of. This section is an emotional, insightful and tragic commentary on professional football.
In summary 'The Pain of Glory' is a superb reflection on an exemplorary career. Its a must read for all Raiders fans, and those interested in the NFL.