Profile for A. J. Wallace > Reviews

Content by A. J. Wallace

A. J. Wallace "1978morini" (UK)

Broadchurch: The End Is Where It Begins (Story 1): A Series Two Original Short Story (Broadchurch: Series Two Original Short Story)

5.0 out of 5 stars fab, 28 Feb. 2015
Great short story couldn't put it down. Throws new light on Sergeant Miller traffic cop and how she becomes Robocop

Wildewoman
Wildewoman

5.0 out of 5 stars The best debut album since 1989, 12 May 2014
This review is from: Wildewoman (Audio CD)
This is the best debut album since The Stone Roses in 1989. I have waited a very long time for this. Hasn't been off my turntable since I bought it, and it's not coming off anytime soon. Get it.

Circus Money
Circus Money

5.0 out of 5 stars genius, 26 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Circus Money (Audio CD)
Quite simply - a genius album - upside looking down - Walter is a genius
This and 11 tracks of whack are my desert island discs

Big Scary Monsters Summer 2012 Sampler
Big Scary Monsters Summer 2012 Sampler

5.0 out of 5 stars Taxes, 20 Nov. 2012
I've got a better idea why not try this Top Tip stop paying taxes while they don't that's sounds fair to me

In the Woods
In the Woods
by Tana French

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 8 Jan. 2012
This review is from: In the Woods (Paperback)
Oh come on you lot - this is a great book! As for the 1984 mystery - Ryan did it! He tells you himself he's a liar and a psychopath - which is why he recognises Rosalind! She's like him! And Cassie realises he's a psychopath as well - using her and dumping her when he's bored - which is why she leaves the squad to distance herself from him.

Couldn't stop reading until the end - one of the few really intriguing thrillers that doesn't conform to the murder - unravelling - mystery solved formula. Bit like life, really

Les aventures de Jo, Zette et Jocko :
Les aventures de Jo, Zette et Jocko :
by Hergé
Edition: Album

5.0 out of 5 stars Tintin's gooder brother and sister.., 18 Oct. 2010
..not as enjoyable as the Tintin series but, as always, beautifully drawn and quite engaging. On a par with the early Tintin strips. En francaise c'est parfait!

Quick & Flupke : Coffret 2 volumes : Edition en noir et blanc
Quick & Flupke : Coffret 2 volumes : Edition en noir et blanc
by Hergé
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Complete joy.., 18 Oct. 2010
..to come to this collection after enjoying the Tintin series. And i loved reading it in French!

Saints And Soldiers [DVD]
Saints And Soldiers [DVD]
Dvd ~ Corbin Allred
Offered by Qoolist

4.0 out of 5 stars O dear I must be really shallow...., 18 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Saints And Soldiers [DVD] (DVD)
...because, having waded through all 51 reviews which as you know span the entire star system, all I can say is...
a) I'm not going to comment on anyone else's review,
B) I really enjoyed this film on many levels. It's understated, has no CGI, was made out of Hollywood on a tiny budget, but is engaging, well made, and demanding of thought over many questions of human frailty. So enjoy!

EarthBox Self Watering Planter Growing System
EarthBox Self Watering Planter Growing System

5.0 out of 5 stars A salad bar near you!, 31 Aug. 2010
This is a quite amazing system. I have one at my second home in France so it has to look after itself when we are away. It's planted up with salad leaves - Pak Choi, Mizuma, lollo rosso, landcress, mache etc. It looks after itself when we are not there, and when we arrive we have a salad bar which we can wheel to wherever we have the barbecue. Fresh salad from garden to plate - superb.