Profile for catdog > Reviews

catdog

Ember to Inferno
Ember to Inferno

4.0 out of 5 stars Trivium Ember To Inferno CD, 25 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Ember to Inferno (Audio CD)
This is a somewhat manic thrash metal album, so if this sort of thing appeals to you, and especially if you like me, enjoyed Ascendency, then - buy it!

The Crusade
The Crusade
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars Trivium The Crusade CD, 13 Mar. 2011
This review is from: The Crusade (Audio CD)
I bought this CD (Trivium - The Crusade), as I had already their Ascendency Album, which blew me away. :)

As I was so impressed with ascendency as stated, I thought this alblum was going to be pretty damn good too, but it was not to be. For me, I found almost nothing on this cd, which for me, made ascendency special, such as the contrast of the singers vocals, either normal tone, or deep-throated shouting. The vocal tones on this album make it sound sound much like an average Metallica album, and not something with its own style; the playing seemed nothing special either. :(

If you liked Ascendency, you may also be quite disappointed with this album, especially if you do not like Metallica.:(

I recommend trying to hire this album, and infact, any cds of interest, from your local library if available, firstly, before makeing any more cd purchases, so you don't waste money on buying something, and finding it not how you expected it to be. :)