Profile for Ruach > Reviews

Ruach (England)

trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil 45 ml
trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil 45 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars skin loves this product!, 21 July 2012
I previously purchased this from another (much pricier) source; it truly is a miraculous product. My sensitive, rosacea-prone skin loves it. It keeps my skin moisturised all day and silky smooth. You only need a small amount so it lasts quite a long time if you use it once a day. Highly reccomended.

Domestic Manners Of The Americans (Nonsuch Classics)
Domestic Manners Of The Americans (Nonsuch Classics)
by Fanny Trollope

1.0 out of 5 stars an early Victorian travelogue of the USA, 27 Aug. 2010
this really is a dryly hilarious book, which is really a travelogue of Mrs Trollope's journeys around various parts of the USA and her subsequent observations of the habits and lifestyles of those she met, a bit like a Victorian version of Bill Bryson! I understand the book was banned in the US when first published as it is so derogatory! I can well imagine the English Victorians sitting in their parlours giggling smugly at her pithy descriptions of the 'uncouth' pioneers of the era.

If you are willing to stick with the old fashioned language, then this does give a fascinating insight into the way of life of the early Americans settling this vast new country.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 5, 2010 10:21 AM BST

Hope's Captive
Hope's Captive
by Kate Lyon
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

1.0 out of 5 stars don't bother, 27 Aug. 2010
I am sorry I can't be more positive, but the best thing about this book is the front cover which is probably the reason I bought it in the first place!

Ton Of Worship 2
Ton Of Worship 2

1.0 out of 5 stars a mixed bag, 27 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Ton Of Worship 2 (Audio CD)
as I suspected, quite a few of these tracks were not by the original artists but were (rubbish) cover versions. Not really what I was expecting from a worship album and one had to be very selective. I found myself skipping a lot of the tracks. Maybe I was looking for something a little more traditional but didn't find it in this package.

Once They Moved Like The Wind: Cochise, Geronimo and the Apache Wars
Once They Moved Like The Wind: Cochise, Geronimo and the Apache Wars
by David Roberts

4.0 out of 5 stars A well written book, 27 Aug. 2010
this author really knows his stuff. I fould the insights and background information into the last Apache wars (and their way of life) fascinating. The author really brings all the chief protaganists in this story to life, and makes one feel that they really have stepped back in time and been privy to these real-life events. Well worth reading from a historical perspective alone, The apaches were the last indians to roam freely in America, having previously survived European onslaughts from as far back as the Spanish Armada.

I will leave you to make your own judgements on the character and lifestyle of the Apaches themselves, who in my opinion thoroughly deserved their fearsome reputation! My only critisism is that I would have really liked to see more photographs of the apaches themselves, but maybe only a few of their images were ever captured on film?

My Beloved
My Beloved
by Colin Urquhart

5.0 out of 5 stars every christian should own it, 17 Mar. 2010
This review is from: My Beloved (Paperback)
I thoroughly reccomend this book which follows on from Colin's two other devotional books, My Dear Child, and My Dear Son. If you want to hear God speaking personally to you though the pages of this book, then this is a must-have. It is so challenging, deep and wonderful you just can't get enough.

Destined to Overcome
Destined to Overcome
by Paul E. Billheimer

5.0 out of 5 stars a hidden gem, 14 April 2009
This review is from: Destined to Overcome (Paperback)
This book has been around for a long time but the truths in it are still as fresh as ever. Every christian needs to read this book if you want to know your true hertiage as a child of God.

My Dear Child: Listening to God's Heart (Hodder Christian Books)
My Dear Child: Listening to God's Heart (Hodder Christian Books)
by Colin Urquhart

5.0 out of 5 stars God will speak to you through this book, 14 April 2009
I have many times used this book and the companion book 'My Dear Son' during my devotional times in the mornings, and I feel like God is speaking directly to me. Get it, get it, get it!!!! And while your'e at it, get the other book too!!