Profile for Stumpy > Reviews

Content by Stumpy

Stumpy

Logitech X-140 Multimedia Speakers (2.0)
Logitech X-140 Multimedia Speakers (2.0)
Offered by Smith & Co
Price: 34.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 3 Jan 2013
I ordered these speakers to go with a new flat-screen TV in a bedroom, as its own speakers are very poor. These were larger than I anticipated, but still fit in neatly. Setup was easy, headphone jack into the TV, plug into the mains, no worries. The improvement in sound is huge, and using the tuner knob you can get an awesome bass boost. Highly recommended at such a low price.

JVC HAS4X Xtreme Xplosives On Ear Headphone (discontinued by manufacturer)
JVC HAS4X Xtreme Xplosives On Ear Headphone (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty darn good, 14 Aug 2012
When I ordered these a week ago I also ordered another pair of JVC 'Gummy' in ear 'phones after mine broke. These are my first pair of headphones like this, as I thought they would just be too large and ungainly and frankly look a bit stupid. However, I shan't be going back to in-ear after using these. They are by no means incredible, but they are definitely impressive. In comparison, in-ear phones sound tinny, and are also less comfortable. These do take a bit more settling to get comfortable, but once they are you're set. They aren't exactly as subtle as in-ear, but by no means look ridiculous. The bass they deliver is not exaggerated, especially if you have an equaliser, bass boost or similar function. As proof, I recommend dialling in all the bass you can, turn the volume up, and listen to the intro of 'In For The Kill' by La Roux, thank me later...

Crank Brothers Multi-17 Tool Bike Tools & Maintainance
Crank Brothers Multi-17 Tool Bike Tools & Maintainance
Price: 18.00 - 22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant all-purpose multitool, 11 Jan 2012
Highly recommended for mountain and road bikers. There's not a lot you can't do with this in terms of maintainance in the garage and on the trailside. Perfectly sized to slip into the back pocket of your jersey. Solidly built, feels like it will take anything you throw at it. My only criticism is that the allen keys could be a little longer. Otherwise it's a great price for a great bit of kit.

Exspect EX884 - Polished Metal Earphones - Silver + Black
Exspect EX884 - Polished Metal Earphones - Silver + Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth twice the money, 9 Nov 2011
These earphones arrived promptly and came in professional manufacturur packaging, which included 2 spare sets of different sized earbuds. They sound great, with explosive bass and grat noise reduction, even at low volumes. I bought a pair of earphones for twice the money and they were far inferior to these! I was slightly annoyed to see that these have been reduced again AFTER I bought them, but hey ho. Definitely a must buy, high quality, low cost.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Too chunky, 2 Nov 2011
These gloves keep your hands toasty warm, but I found them too chunky to wear cycling. The thick padding meant I couldn't feel the handlebars sufficiently to grip the bike and brake properly. Otherwise great to keep your hands warm this winter!