Profile for A. Walsh > Reviews

Content by A. Walsh

A. Walsh "toniwalsh3" (UK)

The Thirteen Problems (Miss Marple)
The Thirteen Problems (Miss Marple)

5.0 out of 5 stars Short stories for those who love Miss Marple, 23 April 2013
A classic Agatha Christie, Miss Marple style, collection of 13 short stories. And of course she gets it right every time!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value for money, 23 April 2013
The price I paid for this belies the quality of the product. It is very useful for protecting my kindle and propping it up at a range of angles when reading. And there was a reading light including! Excellent.

Kärcher WV60 Window Vac - Window Cleaning Vacuum Kit
Kärcher WV60 Window Vac - Window Cleaning Vacuum Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars A-maze-ing!!!!, 23 April 2013
I would never have believed it possible. However, the power of advertising drove me to order this item, and within an hour of delivery it was unpacked, put together and every window and mirror in the house, including the greasy one in the kitchen and the full length ones in the bedroom, were amazingly clean and almost streak free. The few streaks there are were due to me not quite getting the technique right and not doing one long straight swipe downwards each time. Otherwise, for the first time in many many years, my windows are sparkling. So easy to use! Fantastic product.

Gelaskins Protective Skin for The Kindle Keyboard - From Dusk Till Dawn
Gelaskins Protective Skin for The Kindle Keyboard - From Dusk Till Dawn

5.0 out of 5 stars expensive but fabulous!, 3 Aug 2011
This was a spur of the moment purchase to cheer myself up. It arrived the following day (Amazon Prime rocks) Yes, it was fiddly getting it on just right, and you have to be careful with the back especially, as a fraction of a millimetre out and it can get in the way of the page-turn keys movements. Having said all that - it looks and feels amazing. I love it. Might go for a change when I get bored of the novelty factor - but that will take some time.

Beurer PM 70 Heart Rate Monitor - Grey
Beurer PM 70 Heart Rate Monitor - Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars a great gadget at a great price, 21 Aug 2010
This was such a good deal in terms of the discounted price that I took the risk - and I don't regret it. I am always wary of a gadget with a handbook that weighs more than it does, but I soon got to grips with the various functions. After a session in the gym today I hooked it up to my PC and downloaded all the data it had recorded. This is brilliant!! I am sure it will keep me motivated for a long time, as it allows me to record my progress and set targets very easily. I am particularly interested in improving my cardio vascular fitness, so having a green flashing light on the wristwatch to indicate while I'm in the training zone is very handy - and graph that shows on the PC to indicate how long I was in (and out) of the zone is quite enlightening and will help me to plan future gym visits. Oh - and it comes in a very nice carry case too!

The Oxford Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms (Oxford Paperback Reference)
The Oxford Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms (Oxford Paperback Reference)
by Oxford University Press

5.0 out of 5 stars an excellent resource, 7 Nov 2009
I purchased this for a friend who is studying English. They love it - especially the "commonly confused words" section near the end.

George Foreman 14053 Silver 5-Portion Family Grill
George Foreman 14053 Silver 5-Portion Family Grill
Offered by Dealsdirect247

5.0 out of 5 stars a great addtion to my kitchen, 8 Aug 2009
I thought this purchase might go the same way as the ice cream maker and bread machine - getting used a few times then just taking up space in a cupboard. However, not so - it has been used at least once if not two or three times every single day since I got it. Just two of us in the house and no matter what it says size-wise, it fits two decent steaks and cooks them really well. They must be really tiny chicken portions in the photo! Cleaning is easy once we discovered that it's best to sit it on the draining board and spray with a fat-cutting kitchen spray then leave it to sit for a while. Then the mess just wipes of easily. And how good it is to see all that fat in the drip tray.

AUGUST Wireless Presentation Laser Pointer & Page Changer - USB Stick Receiver with 512MB Memory (LP102R-512MB)

3.0 out of 5 stars you get what you pay for, 8 Aug 2009
I should have done my research more carefully before buying this. My fault. It is not one that uses radio waves so you need to have a clear line of view between the hand set and the USB stick - not easy when you want to move around the classroom (I am a teacher) I have since replaced it with a more expensive but much more useful model.

The Devil of Nanking
The Devil of Nanking
by Mo Hayder
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not the sequel to Tokyo!!, 6 Aug 2007
This was excellent - un-put-downable. However, I ordered it because I thought was the sequel to Tokyo. Be aware - it is actually the same book under a different title!! I feel just a tad ripped off.

Tokyo
Tokyo
by Mo Hayder

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best I've read ......, 6 Aug 2007
This review is from: Tokyo (Paperback)
This was excellent - un-put-downable. It was so good that I ordered what I thought was the sequel, called The Devil of Nanking. Be aware - it is actually the same book under a different title!! I feel just a tad ripped off.