Profile for mobygocrespo > Reviews

Haymax Pure Organic Pollen Balm For Hayfever 5ml
Haymax Pure Organic Pollen Balm For Hayfever 5ml
Offered by Acorn solution

1.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but why the price?, 11 July 2013
Bought via Boots, essentially it fulfils the same function as something like vaseline and traps pollen particles as they stick to it before you breathe them in. It's pocket size so handy to carry around but as far as I'm aware there's no medical function to it so you're essentially paying for the equivalent of a very expensive lip balm for the nose and, much as I love the bees, I can't see how the price is justified.

Philips PD7030/05 7-inch Portable DVD Player with Car Adapter included
Philips PD7030/05 7-inch Portable DVD Player with Car Adapter included
Offered by DIRECT 4

4.0 out of 5 stars great little dvd player, 10 July 2013
Bought this for a trip abroad as my other player didn't appreciate being stood on. I bought it elsewhere (£65) and have only tried it with DVDs - playback quality is good and there's a handy subtitles button if you're watching a foreign film. Sound quality is probably what you'd expect for the price, i.e. not particularly good, bit tinny and not much definition on the bass, however plug in a portable speaker (I used a B-tube I've had for a few years) and you're sorted. I'd say the battery time for watching a dvd is closer to 2.5 hours rather than the three claimed.
It wasn't, as some reviewers note, multi-region straight out of the box however a quick Google found the right code to type in and multi-region was no problem.
It drops a star as it only charges when switched off i.e. if you're watching a DVD on mains power, none of that is powering up the battery; the green 'on' neon is ignorable but unnecessarily dazzling; sound quality could be better; ideally it would come with a carry bag rather than that being an extra cost - all of these are pretty minor irritations and I'm very happy with the price I paid.

Authentic RDX Sling AB Straps Weight Lifting Door Hanging Gym Bar
Authentic RDX Sling AB Straps Weight Lifting Door Hanging Gym Bar
Offered by B2Fitness

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bit of kit, 2 Mar. 2013
These were more expensive than some others on Amazon however it seems money well spent, they're comfortable and provide good, cushioned support.
They come with large carabiners to attach to the bar, the reason four stars instead of five is the carabiners have a safety sleeve, one of which needed WD40 and the assistance of a vice/pliers to get it to release initially, all fine since then.
I've attached mine to a bar just over 2m off the ground, the bottom of the slings sits around 64cm below this and being 186cm tall, my bent knees sit approx. 42cm of the ground which is fairly comfortable.

The Perfect Punter: A Year of Losing Everything and Trying to Win it All Back
The Perfect Punter: A Year of Losing Everything and Trying to Win it All Back
by Dave Farrar

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining look at one man's attempt to gain an edge, 25 May 2012
Follow a painful break-up, Farrar tried for some salvation with sports betting, a subject he's well versed in but in post break-up grief gambled recklessly and unluckily, losing heavily (been there myself). Having got his head together, this is his account of trying to get some of that cash back by travelling to the events he lost on to find a way to get one step ahead of the bookies and taking everything he could into account - site conditions on the day, chatting to experts, commentators, players, fans and covering a wide variety of sports in venues all over the world, from the Crucible to Belmont Park, from American Football to Italian Football and various other sports and venues in between, finishing up at Goodwood for the Stewards' Cup.
Farrar has a dry sense of humour and the book's an entertaining read although if you're looking for it to provide the magical ingredients to beat the bookies - well if he had all the answers he'd be too busy making millions than writing a book although you'll pick-up some largely common sense but useful ideas as you read through and he's certainly encouraged me to get back to keeping a diary of my bets and thinking of adjusting my betting to aiming to win the same amount every time (his target is £2k each time, just a bit beyond my means!). I tip up the book as an enjoyable read but if you want to get rich in sports betting, immerse yourself in your chosen sport and keep your fingers crossed too!

HP Photosmart Wireless All-in-One Printer
HP Photosmart Wireless All-in-One Printer

2.0 out of 5 stars Great when it works, 22 Feb. 2012
This will probably be my last HP purchase, when it works the print is good quality and the demo photo pic a really sharp mix of colours.

Problems are that (on Vista) I've given up on using the wireless facility and just use the USB cable as, as other reviewers have mentioned, the wireless connection often doesn't connect.

The other major problem is that it eats ink - I found it surprising I needed to replace catridges it was telling me were empty when the printer had barely been used but I put that down to the amount of ink used to produce the demo photo pic. however replacement HP inks are all coming up with low level warnings despite low usage, certainly not enough to have drained reserves so quickly. Very poor value because of this compared to my old Lexmark all-in-one.

In summary, if just connecting via USB, not a problem with reasonable quality printing but if you want to use wireless, be prepared for frustration and have a hefty bank balance free for ink refills.

Ladies famous Coolers Bootee slippers size 7/8
Ladies famous Coolers Bootee slippers size 7/8

5.0 out of 5 stars cosy slippers but watch the fit, 25 Jan. 2011
I bought these for my mum and am very grateful to the reviewer who commented to size up as I ordered a size 7 which arrived marked size 7/8 and are perfect for mum's size 6 1/2 feet.
They look good, she finds them warm and comfortable and there seems to be a reasonably hard wearing sole on them too. Very pleased!

Calvin Klein Crew Neck Mens Jumper Black Large
Calvin Klein Crew Neck Mens Jumper Black Large

3.0 out of 5 stars ideal for a chimpanzee, 2 Dec. 2010
Disappointed with this jumper.

The good things - it's good quality, part virgin wool, part man made fibre and looks and feels good, quite snug, I'd call the fit of a size large 'fitted' but comfortable on my six foot frame. The Calvin Klein logo is relatively discrete in white near the bottom left front of the jumper

Minor disappointment was the label at the neck that you might use to hang up the jumper, one side of which must have been badly stitched as it came off while putting on the jumper for the first time.

Major disappointment is that, strangely, the arms are the perfect fit but the torso is a little short (hence maybe best for a chimp's body shape of long arms and short body!!) and as it tends to ride up a little I spend most of my time tugging the jumper back down. I maybe should have sent it back and tried an XL but as I've never owned anything that size (I'm a large or often medium) I suspected that the nice fit might have been lost.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 23, 2011 9:47 AM BST

Aeroxon Clothes Moth Trap
Aeroxon Clothes Moth Trap

4.0 out of 5 stars Have a can of fly spray handy, 17 Jun. 2010
Having seen no moths in around a year and a half I spotted two over a week and thought I'd give this trap a go. It is easily assembled and within minutes of peeling off the cover to the sticky pheromone sides several moths appeared near the trap. It's currently in day 3 of use, day 1 saw around 8 moths appear flying around - hence my suggestion to keep a can of fly spray handy as they can be tricky to swat - day 2 saw two moths stuck in the trap plus another six or so flying around. Day 3 has seen a few more fluttering around.

The pheromones clearly get the moths moving although not suicidally throwing themselves into the trap but handy that at least they appear to be drawn out into the open where they can then be disposed of if spotted.

Fujifilm FinePix Z33WP Float Strap
Fujifilm FinePix Z33WP Float Strap

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much good when the attachment fails, 12 Jun. 2010
Thought this would be handy given the limited depth my Finepix camera is guaranteed waterproof too and it might be useful for taking some pics when surfing small waves.

There's limited adjustment in the strap which goes on to my arm only about halfway up my forearm so would just fit over my wrist if wearing a 5mm wetsuit when surfing in Scotland.

The major fault was after attaching my camera to the strap, I took two steps and it fell off, the string the manufacturers having used clearly being badly tied. Luckily for me the knot was so poor that this happened almost immediately as it wouldn't have lasted seconds in the waves and it would have been bye bye expensive camera.

Because of the small strap size and unreliable knot (check it first) I'd say this is more of a fun thing for kids in the pool and not for a less calm environment although you can tie your own knot for peace of mind.

Aquarium fish tank BATTERY powered vacuum syphon
Aquarium fish tank BATTERY powered vacuum syphon

2.0 out of 5 stars could be better, 10 Mar. 2010
There are a couple of basic faults as other reviewers have noted hence only two stars which would have been four as without the faults it does a good job.

Firstly the instructions are very vague - you'll figure it out relatively easily but instructions shouldn't involve guesswork.

Secondly the on/off button on mine doesn't seem to go off so like other reviewers I've resorted to tightening and loosening the screw-on top.

Thirdly there's not a limiter for the extension tube although I'm wondering if I've an older model as other reviewers haven't mentioned this. When I first switched it on, the vac didn't work but I then figured that this was because the slimmer tube that extends the reach of the vac was pushed up so far it must be in contact with the blades that circulate the water - easily sorted but you shouldn't be able to do that.

Lastly, as some other reviewers, I've also noticed you do sometimes have to angle the vac so it works properly.

A shame fairly basic faults distract from what's actually not a bad wee gadget.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3