Profile for CeeBee > Reviews

CeeBee (London, UK)

Mistletoe in Manhattan: A Christmas Story
Mistletoe in Manhattan: A Christmas Story

2.0 out of 5 stars Good story, too short!, 13 Dec 2012
I really enjoyed this book so was amazed when it ended so quickly! I thought the story was developing well (party planning going well, hot men met) and then in a blaze of lazy writing the author rushes through the final chapter, giving the character a change of heart to explain it. Lazy!

Miracle on Regent Street
Miracle on Regent Street

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice setting, 12 Dec 2012
Ever feel like you have read the story before? This story isn't new or fresh and I found the main character irritating. However, the setting was a new one for me and if all you want is some Christmas fluff it's perfect.

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (Wii)
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (Wii)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Funny, 16 May 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I have only played the Harry Potter Lego game before, which I loved, so I had high expectations for this game and so far, after 3 days of playing, it has not disappointed.
The 'Jack' character is so funny, they way he runs is very reminescent of the movies, the Will and Elizabeth characters are less interesting but there are plenty of other characters to switch to, giving a great variety. I think it is a bit harder than harry potter as not as much guidance is given but if anything that makes it better.
As another reviewer said, the movie translates well to Lego and I am looking forward to playing my way through all 4 movies.

High Heels and a Head Torch: The Essential Guide For Girls Who Backpack
High Heels and a Head Torch: The Essential Guide For Girls Who Backpack
by Chelsea Duke

3.0 out of 5 stars Better for younger readers, 9 May 2011
I thought this book was fine. Part were funny, parts were helpful but I would hesitate to recommend it to anyone as a guide to help them organise themselves for travel. Its also very 'British' to the point of alientating readers who might not be British, for example, in one section she discusses how to tell where people are form based on their 'incorrect' pronouncation of some words.....not really needed in a backpacking guide. I can't say I didnt like it, it was good. I would recommend for people who are perhaps planning their very first trip, and as an addition to, not as a replacement for, a more well known guide book. I think the title could do without the words 'guide' and 'essential', its more of a 'look at the lighter side of girls who backpack'.

New York Valentine: (Annie Valentine Book 5)
New York Valentine: (Annie Valentine Book 5)
by Carmen Reid

3.0 out of 5 stars Average read, 28 Feb 2011
There are some cute, funny parts in this book but altogether I felt it was very average, and I have cretainly read better from the same genre. I like the parts set in New York, you could imagine the characters running around! However, I felt I didn't really care much about the characters apart from that, infact I felt I wanted to hear more from the daughter than the mum of 4! We got a little bit about all the characters, but I felt quite key ones were left very underdeveloped. Also, I felt the book took too long to wrap up and was about 4 chapters too long.
If you like an easy, girly read though, punctuated with cute notes on clothes, then its fine.

Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything
Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything
by Elizabeth Gilbert

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull and predictable, 25 Aug 2010
This book was utter rubbish. The author is self indulgent and self-involved, and the book has a very sadly predictable ending. Before buying, I had read many great reviews about this book (not just on amazon) so was very disappointed. The 'eat' part was OK, although the first half was mostly moaning about her divorce and love life. The 'pray' part was very very religious or 'spiritual' as some may prefer to say, and I found it a bit heavy going for someone who is not into religion, like myself. When she finally gets it together in the 'love' part, I could not believe it was for another romance. I felt a bit annoyed that she had come 'all that way' just to have her destiny be a man. I should have believed the bad reviews on here.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2010 1:40 PM GMT

Marware Sportsuit Sensor + Case for Nike + iPod Sport Kit
Marware Sportsuit Sensor + Case for Nike + iPod Sport Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars does what it says, 10 May 2010
I chose this product as it had many more good reviews than its rivals and I cannot say it has let me down. The most appealing advantage being that the casing makes it waterproof which is very handy! Not easy to take on and off your shoe, I find I have to really loosen my laces, but as its not actually threaded through the laces, still much simpler than rivals.