Profile for Harrier Man > Reviews

Derren Brown - Trick of the Mind Series 2 [DVD] [2004]
Derren Brown - Trick of the Mind Series 2 [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Derren Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant but little value added, 3 Feb. 2007
Derren is brilliant as usual and I really enjoyed watching the DVD and the opportunity to watch it again and again. I loved the bit with Jonathan Ross and his absolutely gorgeous wife Jane. And why do I suddenly want a red BMX for Christmas? No more than 3 stars though because the content is exactly the same cut as that shown on TV. There are a couple of voice over behind the scene discussions recorded but I expected more. More video of the build up, the actual 'trick' and comment from Derren on what we had seen and heard. Artists and DVD producers need to put more into their productions than what people can get direct from TV, then I'd be happy to part with more of my money.

Samsung S164L-EUBT 16x External Lightscribe Black DVDRW with Nero
Samsung S164L-EUBT 16x External Lightscribe Black DVDRW with Nero

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice solid piece of kit, 14 Jan. 2007
After having trouble with several built-in drives, especially on laptops, it was great to take something out the box and for it to just work. It doesn't get 5 stars because the version of burning software supplied was not the latest being supplied by the manufacturer and information about what the various programmes did was not included; I had to ring Samsung's agent to find this out. Prices have gone up since I bought mine so perhaps the latest software is now included but you might want to check.

Dance With Len Goodman [DVD] [2006]
Dance With Len Goodman [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Len Goodman
Offered by cassalilly

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, 13 Jan. 2007
This DVD is not good value, even at Amazon's keen price. There are only 4 ballroom dances and 4 Latin immediately halving its value if you are interested in only one style. Half the disc is comprises one piece of music for each of the 8 dances so that you can practice. That for me meant only a quarter of the content was of any interest. That content is very, very basic and would be exhausted after an hour's beginner dance class. Len explains those basics well but there should definitely be more steps and techniques. For me, the content is worth £2-£3. I have watched it once and there is just not enough in it to entice me to watch it again.