Profile for GillB > Reviews

Content by GillB

GillB "GillB" (Bucks, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
PThink® 0.3mm Ultra-thin Tempered Glass Screen Protector with 9H Hardness/Anti-scratch/Fingerprint resistant (HTC One M7)
Offered by PThink UK Store

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm now a happy customer: ), 18 Jan. 2016
I have deleted my previous review as I discovered my glass was faulty and this was the reason it didn't stick properly.
The suppliers were extremely quick to contact (although it had been bought on my daughter's account) and send a replacement which was applied perfectly.
I'm not prepared to put a hammer to it to test, but it certainly seems substantial and doesn't affect using the phone.
Thank you, too, to the suppliers for their very quick response. I'm now a happy customer :)

Ladies Dr Lightfoot Memory Foam Velcro Navy Blue Burgundy Washable Slippers
Ladies Dr Lightfoot Memory Foam Velcro Navy Blue Burgundy Washable Slippers
Offered by Jenny-Wren Footwear

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed - was hoping for so much from these, 29 April 2015
The stars are for the fact that they were sent incredibly quickly and that the left slipper isn't faulty.

As for the rest ... I have to wear orthotic insoles and thought that my feet might be a little less restricted in these slippers as opposed to normal slippers.

However, firstly they are short. I take a 51/2 so bought size 6 ... measuring them against my current size 6 slippers they are shorter and my toes are squashed.

Secondly the back has a ridge inside that means that the insert won't go down properly to the bottom of the heel so they are too shallow on the heel and the back flaps off when I walk.

Thirdly the right slipper has its flap sewn on too far back from the toe, which means that the two velcro tabs don't meet as the one on the flap meets the slipper where the velcro it's supposed to attach to ends. Too expensive to return so will treat it as a lesson learnt and continue to cut up normal slippers to make them deep enough

Womens Crinkle Gypsy Maxi Floral Printed Skirt Elasticated Waist (Large/X-Large, Green)

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the skirt but ..., 7 Aug. 2014
the sizing is way out. I wear an 18 or 20 skirt, depending on the make, so I ordered L/XL. It is *very* small round the waist and makes me feel as if I'm being cut in half. The waist is stretchy, but not as stretchy as it needs to be. I'm just thankful that I'm at the low end of size 20 and am losing weight at the moment as I would hate to have to send it back as it's so pretty and looks really nice.

Also, just for info, the linking it mentions stops at the top of the legs.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 3, 2014 5:24 PM BST

Scarlet Ribbons
Scarlet Ribbons

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartbreaking singing, 29 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Scarlet Ribbons (MP3 Download)
I've never been a particular Sinead O'Connor fan but I heard this on Michael Ball's radio show. My mother used to sing this to me but I'd completely forgotten it until then ... and the way it's sung is amazing.

Intocircuit 11200mAh Dual USB Portable External Battery Charger with Smart LCD Display and LED Flashlight, Gray

5.0 out of 5 stars Too soon to tell but excellent so far, 16 Aug. 2013
I have bought this recently to use with my HTC One. All the bits necessary are there with many different connectors. It looks good with a metallic finish. I think the only downside is that it's a little heavier than I expected, but I imagine that's because of its high capacity.

I actually chose this particular charger because it seemed to have such a large capacity compared to the far more expensive HTC version. As I've only had it a couple of days, all I can say is that it worked fine the one time I've used it - charged my phone, retained enough charge for more full charges and didn't get hot.

Tall Glass Coffee Mugs & Latte Spoons, 13.25oz 14.5cm - Set of 4.
Tall Glass Coffee Mugs & Latte Spoons, 13.25oz 14.5cm - Set of 4.
Offered by Bar Equipment Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for Tassimo Costa Lattes, 23 Jun. 2013
It took me several attempts of buying latte glasses to find the one that will fit Tassimo Costa Lattes which are larger than most lattes from coffee machines at 325ml. These are fairly heavy but with a handle that's easy to hold and nice to drink from. The long handled spoons are a help too.

Mine came from Bar Equipment Direct who packaged them beautifully so they arrived intact.

Basically, I'm very happy to find a glass this size that's good to use.

Mail Lite Plus Oyster, Mailing Bags, Size D/1, Oyster, 180mm X 260mm, Box of 100
Offered by A2B Stationery Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing really to say, 11 Nov. 2012
They're mail-lite envelopes size 1 self-adhesive.
They do the job they're intended for.
Extra words added because I didn't reach the minimum

5 Star Labels Laser Copier and Inkjet 14 per Sheet 105x42mm [1400 Labels]
5 Star Labels Laser Copier and Inkjet 14 per Sheet 105x42mm [1400 Labels]

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 24 Sept. 2012
I saw both reviews and presumed, as the second was so happy with them, that the first had been mistaken.
Big mistake.

My labels are printed from a program that gives 2 options for 14 to a sheet labels (Avery 7163 or 5262). I've had no problems in the past using makes other than Avery as they all conform to one or the other. These don't. I now have 100 sheets of labels which I shall have to fiddle around cutting & fitting together giving my business envelopes an extremely amateur look.

Very disappointed and annoyed.

I Am What I Am
I Am What I Am

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the song, 20 Feb. 2012
This review is from: I Am What I Am (MP3 Download)
Discovered this song when I heard it on Elaine Paige's musicals show so came to check out what versions are around. I actually prefer Barrowman's live version but that doesn't seem to be available as a download and this one is still very powerful.

Love Never Dies [2 CD]
Love Never Dies [2 CD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb music, 18 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Love Never Dies [2 CD] (Audio CD)
This is the CD of the original before they changed the order of songs ... however all the important tunes are there and get better and better the more you listen. It's actually a stunning score and hugely under-rated.

Page: 1 | 2