Profile for Munroe Junior > Reviews

Munroe Junior

Babylon
Babylon

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Babylon (MP3 Download)
A great rock album in it's own right, I particularly love the Chuck Berry cover at the end.

Roku 2 XS 1080p Streaming Player
Roku 2 XS 1080p Streaming Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 6 May 2014
It took a bit of setting up (around an hour total), firstly it seems to have a weak wifi receiver as it was blocked by the glass door of my tv cabinet (can't remember if glass blocks micro/radio waves been 3 decades since i did physics).

No problem though it just sits atop the cabinet now and is fairly unobtrusive being very tiny.

The last hurdle was simply my pc's firewall blocking the modem access, solved by un-ticking the relevant box.

I does the job I bought it for perfectly, watching netflix on my HD tv in comfort rather than sitting at the pc.

Love it :)

The Human Contradiction
The Human Contradiction

5.0 out of 5 stars <3, 22 April 2014
It took a few plays to hook me, I'd say it's as good if not better than April Rain. Stand out track's are Stardust, Here come the vultures, my masquerade, Army of Dolls. Not far behind are Mechanist lullaby and tragedy of the commons.

I sincerely hope they continue with this level of quality. A real gem after within temptation's not so good hydra, a worthy addition to my music collection.

Love it :)

Hydra
Hydra

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Terrible!, 17 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Hydra (MP3 Download)
As others have stated, WT have been on a downward slide since the silent force was released. There are about 3 songs on this album I liked enough to add to a playlist. The addition of a rap piece seems totally out of place (rap meta-> thataway).

Okay for background listening, just doesn't hit the spot like previous offerings from this band.

The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever: "Lord Foul's Bane", "Illearth War" and "Power That Preserves"
by Stephen Donaldson

4.0 out of 5 stars Harrowing and beautiful!!!, 12 Nov. 2011
Just finished reading this trilogy again (previously read it 20 years ago).

Once you get past the first 80 odd pages it starts to get a tad more gripping, you also begin to realise that although Covenant is something of an anti-hero, he is also something of a wild-card, innefectual through most of each story yet manages to achieve victory in the end (usually at great cost to those around him).

For me it's the rich characters that Covenant meets that make the books shine, Lord Mhoram, Elena, Bannor, Foamfollower (Foamfollowers' sacrifice towards the end of book 3 is a real tear jerker!).

These books find a place in my top 10 Fantasy series, up there with Robert Jordan, G.R.R Martin and Terry Goodkind. Just dont expect a light read!

Grave Encounters [DVD] [2011] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Grave Encounters [DVD] [2011] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining!, 12 Nov. 2011
A worth watching film, not especially scary. However, there was at least one omg moment. The film does borrow a fair few cliches from the genre, notably the likes of Silent Hill, Blair Witch and Paranormal Activity.

I liked the fact that it does'nt take itself too seriously at the start, kinda reminds me of Destination Truth in that respect.

Overall I'd recommend this title, not at full price though, wait till it's available on budget.

Morgaine Cycle: Exile's Gate 4 (Daw Science Fiction)
Morgaine Cycle: Exile's Gate 4 (Daw Science Fiction)
by C.J. Cherryh
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, worthy of a sequel., 31 Mar. 2008
I have had these books for quite some time now. From a veteran readers perspective I find this series to be amongst the most charming and gratifying in my entire collection.
It isn't high fantasy in the Tolkien sense, more of a gritty medieval affair with some sc-fi elements subtly woven into the fabric.
My only wish is that the story be continued after Exile's Gate purely because the story is left somewhat open ended.
C.J Cherryh's only other work which comes close in my opinion is The Faded Sun Trilogy.