Profile for Darren Egan > Reviews

Content by Darren Egan

Darren Egan

Killing Floor: (Jack Reacher 1)
Killing Floor: (Jack Reacher 1)
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Action Thriller, 14 Feb 2014
Enjoyable book - lots of action and a good story. Typical American hero (6' 6", kill first and ask questions later), but apart from that, a good read.
On a side note, I noticed that Tom Cruise plays Reacher in the film (5' 7" v 6' 6" (!)

Ross O'Carroll-Kelly, PS, I scored the bridesmaids: 4 (Ross O'Carroll Kelly)
Ross O'Carroll-Kelly, PS, I scored the bridesmaids: 4 (Ross O'Carroll Kelly)
Price: 4.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, if a bit samey, 3 Jan 2014
Ross has got himself engaged, so Paul Howard has lots of material to work with as the South Side morons prepare for his nuptials. Lots of laugh-out-loud situations, mainly involving Sorcha, although Ross's actions are getting a bit stale.

Hoter® Cree Q5 Super Quality Bicycle Flash Light With Light Bracket
Hoter® Cree Q5 Super Quality Bicycle Flash Light With Light Bracket
Offered by Ayozen
Price: 7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Good light, rubbish bracket, 6 Mar 2013
Light is very good - bright and can focus on wider or narrower beams - really like it.
However the bracket is absolutely rubbish - on the first trip it cracked and broke apart, leaving me to jerry rig a holder using cable ties for the rest of my trip home - I haven't checked yet, but if I can't get a decent bracket, then all I have is a torch (admittedly a good torch, but not what I wanted).

4GB Clip Mp3 player LCD screen Retail Pack + Kingston Micro SD adapter (Pink)
4GB Clip Mp3 player LCD screen Retail Pack + Kingston Micro SD adapter (Pink)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality Item that didn't work, 30 Aug 2012
Bought this for my wife who wanted a cheap and simple product for when she went running. Package arrived on time, and we were both very impressed with the small size of the item (I was also impressed with the capacity of the SD Card, given the low price).

I connected the MP3 player to the PC via the supplied USB cable and everything seemed fine - screen on the player showed it was connected. I then started transferring music onto the SD Card, using drag and drop from the PC straight to the player. I had completed a few albums and then everything stopped. The player went blank and the PC could no longer find the player. Since then, nothing works on the player - turning everything off and on, switching USB cables, USB ports, PCs - nothing works.

So only option is to return to Amazon (who have been brilliant as usual).

My final comments are that I am deeply suspicious of the three reviews for this product, giving it 5 stars. Had a quick search on similar products elsewhere on Amazon, and they all have three reviews, all of 5 stars. My suspicion is that the marketeers or whoever are tampering with the ratings.

Traitors' Gate: Book Three of Crossroads
Traitors' Gate: Book Three of Crossroads
by Kate Elliott

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Anti-Climax, 7 Dec 2009
After reading and enjoying the first two books in the Trilogy I was very excited about the final book. Unfortunately I found it quite a let-down - the story progressed reasonably well, but the ending was very disappointing - lots of loose ends and no real conclusion.
I can only assume that the intention is for a fourth book in the "Trilogy".