Profile for C. M. Collier > Reviews

Content by C. M. Collier

C. M. Collier "myopia1" (Liverpool,england)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Real Confidence: Stop Feeling Small and Start Being Brave (Psychologies Magazine)
by Psychologies Magazine

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book,Really Helpful, 23 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love Psychologies magazine so I had high hopes for this book,and I certainly wasn't disappointed! I really enjoyed reading it;there's a bit at the bottom of page 114 that says,"There's no need to put yourself under any pressure.We're not asking you to compile lists and goals and give yourself time limits.This is about making the process of gaining confidence easier for you."Wow! I found that so liberating,I actually took a deep breath as I read it.This is such a NICE book,very helpful and extremely kind.The chapter on Confidence Robbers is brilliant;who'd have thought that positive affirmations and "Fake it till you make it"could be bad for your confidence? Well,it turns out that it is much better to accept that at the moment you have low confidence,and that's OK.;that's the most positive way to affirm your real self.Don't try to fake it,that's one of the most stressful things you can do;keep trying till you make it.
I have found out from this book that I am self-aware and authentic,and I'm very pleased about that.I have also learned that life is like climbing Everest.It's hard and exhausting.Climbers have base camps along the way with everything they need to re-energise to climb the mountain.I know now not to do too much and get too tired;I need to slow down and find balance.
I thoroughly recommend this book;I think it's fantastic and really helpful.

The Brilliant & Forever
The Brilliant & Forever
by Kevin MacNeil

4.0 out of 5 stars The Emotions are Still Too Raw, 18 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I given this book 4 stars because it didn't end the way I wanted it to.This is not to say it isn't a brilliant book,but 5 stars means"I love it,and I can't say that when it did end so very differently from the way I passionately was hoping it would.It says something when you care so much about the characters that you find yourself getting horribly upset when things turn out a certain way,and Kevin MacNeil deserves all the credit he gets.
You will not be able to get this book out of your head,however hard you try,and yet I don't know if I dare read it again;the emotions are still too raw.

Stalker (Joona Linna 5)
Stalker (Joona Linna 5)
by Lars Kepler

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book I've Read This Year, 11 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Wow! So glad I discovered Lars Kepler,thanks to the Amazon Vine programme,where you get new books to read and review.This is the most exciting book I've read in a long time,and I will definitely be getting the rest of the series.I literally could not put it down at the end;my heart was in my mouth!
I found this fine as a stand alone thriller,but if you want to read the others first,they are,in order: The Hypnotist,The Nightmare,The Fire Witness and The Sandman.

Blood Wedding
Blood Wedding
by Pierre Lemaitre

4.0 out of 5 stars Cracking Read, 10 April 2016
This review is from: Blood Wedding (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Well,I thoroughly enjoyed this and definitely did not foretell the ending.Had me gripped all the way through;a bit far-fetched but I was dying to find out what happened to Sophie.
A cracking read.

Patimax Long Lasting Premium Ultra Clumping Cat Litter
Patimax Long Lasting Premium Ultra Clumping Cat Litter

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually Delivers What it Promises!, 10 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The first thing I noticed about this litter was that the bag is really very heavy,so if you have problems lifting it may not be for you.The second thing I noticed was the baby powder smell.The cats did not like that and attempted to wee around it.,but had to use it anyway.The smell lasted a surprisingly long time.The third thing I noticed was that it really did form very hard clumps;if the clump was bigger than the scoop I could still easily lift it and put it in the cat litter bin(after some toilet-clogging disasters in the past we now have a special bin by the litter tray).
It may seem a bit expensive,but you do get a lot and a bag lasts for a long time.If you get it on Subscribe and Save it is even cheaper,so I think I may do that.I must say it is nice to find a cat litter that actually delivers what it promises!

Vintage Vogue: Detachable postcards to colour in
Vintage Vogue: Detachable postcards to colour in
by Iain R Webb

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Great Idea!, 30 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my friend,who loves 50's fashion and colouring in,and I don't think she'll be disappointed.Lovely vintage designs,all ready to colour in,in postcard form! Apart from the fact that this book is a handy size to carry around,you can detach the postcards if you like and send them to friends,or put in a little frame;what a great idea!

The Disappearance
The Disappearance
by Annabel Kantaria

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the Page-Turner I was Hoping For, 29 Mar. 2016
This review is from: The Disappearance (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a story about Audrey,about to celebrate her 70th birthday on a luxury cruise liner with her twins,Alexandra and John.She wants everything to be perfect for her "last hurrah" but then she mysteriously disappears...
It was not long before I worked out what happened to Audrey,so the end was not a surprise at all.I quite enjoyed the story,especially the descriptions of her life in India,but it was obvious right from the time she met Ralph how things were going to turn out.Reminded me a bit of Behind Closed Doors,but not as good.

Lower East Men's Turtle-Neck Jumper, black, M
Lower East Men's Turtle-Neck Jumper, black, M

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes My Husband Look Like the Cat Burglar in The Simpsons!, 29 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my husband as he is a big fan of black turtle neck jumpers,and this is one of the best he's tried.I would have described the neck more of a roll-neck rather than turtle,as it one of those you have to fold over,but that's a minor point.The major things are it fits well,keeps him warm and is really soft and comfy to wear.
I think it makes him look like that cat burglar in The Simpsons,but don't let that put you off;it doesn't make you look old,just chic and suave!

Moskva
Moskva
by Jack Grimwood

4.0 out of 5 stars Bleak and Compelling, 26 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Moskva (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really compelling thriller that draws you in right from the start,when the naked body of a young man is found by the Kremlin wall with a tiny wax angel in his hand,which has the little finger missing.It's set in 1985;I've just been watching Deutschland 83,and this has the same kind of bleak feel;it's fascinating to see how different things were back then.
All in all,this is gripping stuff;had me on the edge of my seat till the end.It's the author's debut novel; can't wait till the next one!

Maybelline Brow Drama Chubby 4 Dark Brown
Maybelline Brow Drama Chubby 4 Dark Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Getting it on Subscribe & Save!, 25 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I like this chunky eyebrow pencil so much,I've just signed up to get it on Subscribe & Save;it works out at £5.69 every 2 months with free delivery !Now my thick eyebrows will be sorted with minimum effort and very little money.I love the natural look this gives my brows,and when it wears down you just twist the base to get more.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20