Profile for bobbingron > Reviews

Little Seed - songs for children by Woody Guthrie
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 11.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Has saved many a car journey, 20 Aug 2013
The CD is wonderful for both children and adults. My 8-month-old daughter already has many favourites on this CD, and smiles and giggles when we put it on in the car. Even after my daughter falls asleep during a journey, my wife and I often find ourselves continuing to listen to the CD (not something that can be said of all children's CDs!)

Tell Your Dog You're Pregnant: An Essential Guide for Dog Owners Who Are Expecting a Baby
by Lewis Kirkham
Price: 25.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A valuable read for dog owners expecting a baby, 20 Aug 2013
It might seem silly to some people to worry about 'what will the dog think' about the arrival of a baby in to the household, but the fact of the matter is that dog behavioural problems are not uncommon when babies/children enter a household, and can be a major source of stress to the parents or injury risk to the child. As a veterinary behaviourist myself, I can recommend Lewis Kirkham's book as a thorough and easy-to-read guide on how to avoid or manage many of these problems.

Here Comes Science
Here Comes Science
Price: 12.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant clever catchy songs, 17 Mar 2013
This review is from: Here Comes Science (Audio CD)
If you like TMBG or if you like intelligent songs for kids, this is the album. I was a little sceptical about the DVD video clips until I saw them - the animations are great and varied and really make the songs come alive for kids (and this adult). Several of the songs are as good as the classic TMBG favourites from their 'normal' albums. So it is refreshing to have a kids cd that I'm just as likely to put on as my daughter.

The Ultimate Nepalese Cookbook
The Ultimate Nepalese Cookbook
by Pemba Lama
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant authentic recipes, 13 Feb 2013
Having just got back from a month in Nepal I wanted to try my hand at cooking some Nepalese dishes. This book is great and although small compared to some cookbooks it has a great diversity (from momos to curries and dhals to desserts). I've tried 3 recipes so far and they are some of the best things I've cooked. Looking forward to trying the momos when I get a steamer.