Profile for Sue W > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The House by the Lake
The House by the Lake
by Thomas Harding

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book! The history of Germany in the 20th ..., 21 Jan. 2016
This review is from: The House by the Lake (Hardcover)
Great book! The history of Germany in the 20th century written from the bottom up through the lives of a succession of families who lived in a small summerhouse by a lake just outside Berlin. More vivid, moving and accessible than any formal historical account could be. Read it!

5L Pump Action Pressure Sprayer - use with water, fertilizer or pesticides
5L Pump Action Pressure Sprayer - use with water, fertilizer or pesticides

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed!, 23 Jun. 2015
Excellent product, outstanding value for money! I was sceptical that such a low cost product could deliver good performance but I was wrong! The Kingfisher sprayer is robust and easy to use. 5L is the right size for me as anything larger would be too heavy to carry. So far I've used the sprayer for neem insecticide and Algon patio cleaner - quick, easy and effective on both occasions. Highly recommended.

Neem Virgin Oil - 100% Pure - 1 Litre
Neem Virgin Oil - 100% Pure - 1 Litre
Offered by Naissance

5.0 out of 5 stars Good results as garden insecticide!, 17 Jun. 2015
Very good results as garden insecticide! I am using this (with a Kingfisher 5L sprayer - also excellent) to combat an outbreak of aphids and scale insects in my garden. Safe for me and apparently also safe for beneficial insects. So far results are good. Also put a dab straight from tub on an outbreak of spots on face - again good results. Also used to clean/disinfect bird feeders. All round excellent, useful and inexpensive product - a little goes a long way.

Wheat Belly
Wheat Belly
by Davis, William MD

5.0 out of 5 stars This book may change your life!, 26 July 2013
This review is from: Wheat Belly (Hardcover)
Don't be put off by the cover, this is not just another diet book but a serious, research-based exploration of the perils of the wheat-laden Western diet. Read it and then decide for yourself whether wheat is worth it. Though there's a lot of science, this book is an easy read which I found hard to put down until I'd reached the end of the wheat story. If you have any health issues read this book to see if wheat might be a contributory factor before seeking pills and potions from your GP. My own experience of going wheat-free has been effortless weight-loss, glowing skin, no more bloating and lots more energy. For me the benefits of being wheat-free far outweigh the inconveniences and my taste buds and larder have quickly adapted to my new dietary regime.

Wheat Belly ... in 30 Minutes: A Concise Summary of Dr. William Davis's Bestselling Book
by 30 Minute Health Summaries

2.0 out of 5 stars Too great expectations?, 14 Jun. 2013
I bought this book because I was growing impatient waiting for the original and unexpurgated 'Wheat Belly'. I also thought it might be useful to pass to friends who are puzzled and perplexed about my new dietary regime. However, even without the original 'Wheat Belly' in my possession, I already knew quite a lot about the subject having read Dr Davis' blog which is a far better source that this book for anyone wanting to find out more. I guess summarising 'Wheat Belly' in 30 minutes is quite a challenge but somehow this book just didn't seem to 'grasp the nettle' and was a dull and unsatisfactory read.

Fat Chance: The bitter truth about sugar
Fat Chance: The bitter truth about sugar
by Dr. Robert Lustig

5.0 out of 5 stars Everybody should read this book!, 14 April 2013
This book has turned my understanding of 'good' and 'bad' foods on its head and made me realise that the received wisdom about eating healthy (eg. fruit juice, low fat) is out-dated and misleading. Having read this book (I could hardly put it down) and also learned a little about the 'Wheat Belly' approach to eating, I have foregone almost all sugar and grains for the last 3-4 weeks. The effects were almost immediate - more energy. less bloating, better sleep, glowing skin and weight loss. I have never felt better. If you read only one book this year, make it this one!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor packaging compromised product!, 20 Nov. 2012
Although product details are scant, the photo identifies this product as the Blockit blocking wire kit which includes a "sturdy storage tube" - essential for such a product. However, the sturdy storage tube was also the packaging (with no additional wrapping or outer layer) so by the time it arrived in the UK from the USA the tube was scuffed, dented, covered in stickers, labels and tape with two viscous/hard-to-remove staples at either end. The cardboard tube was delivered on a wet day so was soggy. I had been expecting a pristine tube for my new blocking wires so am disappointed with the scruffy tube that I'll have to make do with. Looks like a good product (haven't put to use yet) but best sourced from another, more careful supplier.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2012 6:12 PM GMT

Mary Thomas's Knitting Book
Mary Thomas's Knitting Book
by Mary Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 3 Nov. 2011
This is a great book! Not only every knitting technique you're likely to need plus some you probably won't but also an interesting historical perspectives. This vintage book is both useful and inspiring for anyone who is even a little bit serious about knitting.

Bodum Bistro 1L Electric Cordless Kettle - Off White
Bodum Bistro 1L Electric Cordless Kettle - Off White

1.0 out of 5 stars Hopeless!, 19 Aug. 2011
I wish I'd spotted the previous review about no 'off' button before I purchased this kettle. I bought this kettle because I liked the Bodum design assuming that it would work just like every other electric kettle I've ever owned. Wrong! You can't turn this kettle off mid-boil and, by the time the automatic cut-off kicks in, the kettle will have been boiling ferociously for quite a while. What a waste of time and electricity! The only way to interrupt the heating process is to remove the kettle from the base (but don't be too quick to put it back on as it will start heating up again) or switch off at the plug. Poor functionality and a disappointing product from a well respected brand such as Bodum.

Hungry? The innocent recipe book for filling your family with good stuff
Hungry? The innocent recipe book for filling your family with good stuff
by Innocent

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff!, 19 Aug. 2011
Excellent book for families, couples, singletons or indeed anyone who is looking for good and interesting food that is quick to prepare with no elaborate or costly ingredients. Spot on!

Page: 1 | 2