Profile for Joffan180 > Reviews

Content by Joffan180

Joffan180 (South Wales, UK)

Logitech Media Keyboard 600
Logitech Media Keyboard 600
Offered by UK Surplus Central Ltd - Dispatched Same Day If Order Received By 14:00

5.0 out of 5 stars The bees knees!, 28 Dec. 2012
As a totally blind computer user, I found this keyboard very easy to get used to. Yes there are a few things where you wouldn't expect them, but I got used to it in a matter of minutes without any help from a sighted person. the keys are very pleasant to type with, the multi media buttons and volume control are easy to use, and the keyboard design is very pleasant in shape and texture. I have a Windows 7 PC, just plugged this keyboard in, switched the PC on and Windows 7 did the rest, no need to manually install drivers at all! I'd reccomend this keyboard to anyone. The item arrived exceptionally quickly - given the time of year it was totally unbelievable how quickly it arrived! Securely packed in a good quality cardboard box and padding.

Blue Letters from Tanganyika
Blue Letters from Tanganyika

5.0 out of 5 stars Orchestral Magic, 8 July 2010
This album of music composed by John Hardy gripped my attention from the first time I heard it, in fact, I couldn't stop playing it! John's composition skills give everything required to build a clear picture in someone's mind. It's amazing! The depth of feeling that is prominent throughout the album means that you never get bored of it. Studio technology can sometimes cause the sparkle to be lost in a recording, but thankfully this album certainly doesn't seem to have been a victim. The only thing I wish was different is the length of the album. In my opinion, it's too short!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for!, 26 Dec. 2009
When I upgraded to the Nokia N86, I really wanted a high quality leather protective case. I certainly found this to be just what I was looking for! It is very well designed. The phone slides down in to the case very easily, but at the same time is safe and secure. The side panels do not interfere in any way with the two speakers, the keylock, the volume control or the photo capture button. There is a cutout on the rear which means you don't have to remove the N86 from its case to take a photo. The only thing you do have to be careful of is that you don't allow the flip front panel to fold right back over the camera lense! the magnetic catch works well, and is towards the bottom of the case at the rear. there is also a small cut out on the top of the case, which allows you to plug the charger and/or headphones in, but you do have to open the case to use the power button. The belt clip is very secure as it literally screws into a circular panel on the rear of the case between the camera lense and the magnetic catch. It's certainly a quality item, and I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars There's Gold in the Welsh Mountains, 14 Jan. 2006
This review is from: My Tribute to Wales (Audio CD)
This Cd will take pride of place in any Welsh person's collection no matter where they live in the world. It offers a unique look at Wales and the Welsh through the composer's eyes, based on things that have happened in his own life. The lyrics are appealing to all age groups, and from the casual listener to accomplished poets.

The tracklist is: 1 Born in Wales, 2 Welcome to Wales (Croeso i Gymru), 3 Living in Wales (I'm H.A.P.P.Y. 2 Be), 4 More Precious Than Gold, 5 Home Again, 6 Old Friends, 7 Someday Oneday, 8 Farewell to the Arms Park, 9 When I Get to Heaven (to Remind me of Wales), 10 The Welsh National Anthem.

The album is filled with various styles from the folk song "Old Friends" to the rock guitar version of the Welsh National Anthem, and from the angelic When I Get to Heaven to the more upbeat mood-lifter Living in Wales. The combined choirs of Abercynon, Treharris and Ynysowen also feature on this excellent album.

~Jon~

5.0 out of 5 stars There's Gold in the Welsh Mountains, 9 Jan. 2006
This review is from: My Tribute to Wales (Audio CD)
According to Max Boyce, Rob Allen is "One of the greatest singer / songwriters to come out of Wales in a long time," and as one of rob's biggest fans I agree with that wholeheartedly! This album proves this, while giving a unique view of Welsh people and Welsh life as seen through Rob's own eyes.

In My Time
In My Time

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Unadulterated Magic!!!, 18 Jun. 2005
This review is from: In My Time (Audio CD)
This is Yanni at his very best! His compositions and performances touch the deepest of all emotions. I've had this album for 6 years now, and how it hasn't worn out I will never know, especially since my son has now got totally addicted to it as well! This is pure dream music, where you can let your mind run away with itself, and you feel totally refreshed by the experience. It's a definite must for any serious music lover.

Live At The ABC Kingston: 1962
Live At The ABC Kingston: 1962
Offered by chris26821

5.0 out of 5 stars The Kings at Kingston, 11 July 2004
This CD has taken pride of place in my Shadows collection. For me, the highlight was Brian's awesome drum solo, pure magic! My only complaint is there wasn't more tracks .. a double CD would have been perfect!

~Jon~