Profile for angelic_fruitcake > Reviews

Hungry For Stink
Hungry For Stink
Offered by scotty46

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy it on vinyl...please!, 10 Aug. 2003
This review is from: Hungry For Stink (Vinyl)
This album is great. L7 are great. Jack off jill, one of my favourite bands, introduced me to L7. I read somewhere that they were described as a cross between babes in toyland and L7. The name intrigued me. So I listened. And I enjoyed.
Hungry for Stink is one of their best albums, featuring great vocals and guitar riffs that make you feel like you're watching them in an indie club.
What's even better about this version is that it's on vinyl. If you like L7 but don't have a record player, buy one. If you have a record player but haven't heard L7 , BUY THIS!

Daria [VHS]
Daria [VHS]
VHS

5.0 out of 5 stars Daria gives us our first taste of her sarcasm, 29 July 2003
This review is from: Daria [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This video I got purchased for my Birthday. This was 2 weeks ago. Since then I have watched it so many times, I can nearly say it all off by heart. Yet it still hasn't got old. It's the first 3 episodes of Daria ever. Daria spun off from Beavis and Butthead, yet don't be put off by this. It's a totally different type of cartoon. In the first episode we see Daria on her first day at Lawndale High School. Her sarcasm and 'bright' out-look on life never fails to make me laugh. The second episode shows a typical high school party, yet Daria is invited. She also ends up spoiling it for her cliquey, snobby sister, which I find amusing,myself having a sister similiar to Quinn. In the final episode she goes to College for the day.
If you like sarcasm, you'll like Daria. She's always ready with some comment and is a great role model for all those other dysfunctional geeky teens out there.

White Pony (Uk Version Partial Enhancement)
White Pony (Uk Version Partial Enhancement)

5.0 out of 5 stars Deftones at their peak., 29 July 2003
I believe that with this album, the Deftones have reached their maximum potential. They've shown us with White Pony that they're not just another nu-metal band, but a great rock band with lots of different sides. My personal favourite song on the album has to be Digital Bath because its very soothing and the vocals are great. It's also a great song live. It features the hit single, change (in the house of flies) which has great lyrics and guitar riffs. If you're thinking of buying this album, yet think it might just be yet another nu-metal band,think again and buy it. You'll be impressed at the talent of song writing, musicians and the vocals.