Profile for HonestChap > Reviews

Content by HonestChap

HonestChap

ASUS Google Nexus 7 7 inch Tablet (2 GB RAM, 16 GB eMMC)
ASUS Google Nexus 7 7 inch Tablet (2 GB RAM, 16 GB eMMC)
Offered by Executivez

2.0 out of 5 stars Rip off for the limited storage, 20 Feb. 2014
Tablet is good until you find you rapidly run out of storage. The price to get the higher storage model is disproportionately large and the lack of any storage expansion really limits the potential.

If I was buying again, I would consider going to Apple for the wider range of games, but probably stick with a different Android tab with an expansion slot.

ROMANCE, RICHES, AND RESTROOMS: A CAUTIONARY TALE OF AMBITIOUS DREAMS AND IRRITABLE BOWELS
by Tim Phelan

2.0 out of 5 stars An unhappy tale for sufferers, 19 Jun. 2011
I purchased this book in the hopes of both feeling some catharsis at shared suffering, and a ray of hope from a 'happy ending'. It achieved the former, but I was left wanting by the latter.

The writer does relate some painfully amusing tales. But having personally been struck down with what appears to be IBS only 4 months ago, the long list of incidents he recounts only heightened my fear of what lies ahead in the long term. For every ray of hope, new love, new potential remedy, there seems to be a crashing come-down and a horrible experience that will stick in your mind.

The book is easy to read, and I forced my way onwards through the whole book in hope of some solace. Instead my fears over leading a stilted life seemed to crystallise. I hope it is merely my current state of mind projecting these emotions, but please, if you are a sufferer seeking hope, I recommend you instead log onto the support forums of an IBS reference site. No disrespect to the author, who has gone through a lot and recounted it with painful honesty, but you will find similar tales for free elsewhere, and with a more positive outlook.

JVC HA-FX300-T - High Quality In-Ear Canal Headphones - Bronze
JVC HA-FX300-T - High Quality In-Ear Canal Headphones - Bronze

3.0 out of 5 stars Great detail but poor bass, 4 Oct. 2010
Bought these as the left earphone Sennheiser CX series I had failed - which I'm hearing is quite common with their recent earphones.

Sound being the main consideration, the detail is fantastic. The top end is great and probably the best I have heard on in-ear phones. However, as with many earphones, the bass is barely there. It is tolerable on tracks where the bass doesn't play such a key part, and you can compensate a little with EQ.

Unusual but comfortable fit, which does make them a bit fiddly if you want to take out and put them back in quickly.

Would probably recommend buying Sennheisers with a good replacement guarantee!!

The Torture Garden (The New Traveller's Companion Series)
The Torture Garden (The New Traveller's Companion Series)
by Octave Mirbeau

2.0 out of 5 stars Avoid this version - full of typos!!, 10 Aug. 2010
This version of the book is dreadful. The text had mistypings on virtually every page, making an already obtuse read a real struggle to get through.

The content itself is difficult to enjoy, being both deliberately unpleasant and meandering. I will give the benefit of the doubt and say that I didn't personally spot any significant insight, skilled allegories or meanings in the story. Indeed the initial few chapters of discussions of the nature of murder left me completely cold and seemed to revel in pointless unpleasantness. I endeavoured to complete the book in the hope of some subtle story arc being resolved but I found none. I bow to any learned literature experts who can find the hidden value in this book.