Profile for Newt Beaumont > Reviews

The Family Ness: Volume 1 - Elspeth And Angus Meet The Loch... [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Maddocks
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Family Ness, 17 July 2014
Before buying this DVD I had not watched the The Family Ness since the early 90's & almost forgot how amazing this show is. When I first put on the DVD the theme tunes takes me right back to being a child again, even now, 20 years later I can still remember all the words lol. All in all very very happy with this DVD. The only downside is you only get 8 episodes (listed below) & at 5mins each this makes this set only 40mins long, it's a shame really as other shows you can buy the complete series for the same price. But apart from that small thing i otherwise loves this set. Unfortunately there is no subtitles on this set too, but to most of us that is really not a problem & did not effect the enjoyment we had.

Elspeth And Angus Meet The Loch Ness Monster

Bertha: The Best Machine Competition [DVD]
Bertha: The Best Machine Competition [DVD]
Dvd ~ Roy Kinnear
Price: 5.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Bertha, lovely Bertha, You are a lovely machine!, 14 July 2014
Bertha, lovely Bertha, You are a lovely machine!

Seems strange how you can love a kids TV show that is based in a factory, but somehow it just works. Unfortunately you do not get the full series in this set like you do with the others (like Ivor The Engine) which is a shame, but it doesn't take away from the pure enjoyment you get with these 4 episodes.

The episodes are: The Great Painting Job, The Windmills, Mouse In The Works, The Best Machine Competition making the DVD last just under 1 hour long. Unfortunately there is no subtitles on this set too, but to most of us that is really not a problem & did not effect the enjoyment we had.

Boys On Film: Cruel Britannia [DVD]
Boys On Film: Cruel Britannia [DVD]
Dvd ~ Eddie Marsan
Offered by fat_buddha
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Boys On Film, 13 July 2014
I have found that normally the first few films on the Boys On Film series of DVD's are a little poor, then they get better. But Cruel Britannia is different. I really did enjoy the first film, All Over Brazil (even tho it has a silly name), and pretty much enjoyed them all A nice change for the Boys On Film series.

I did find “Spring” a hard film to watch. Without giving too much away I know there is some pretty kinky stuff out there, but that film was too much for me.

And “What You Looking At?”, while I don't want to talk about this film as I would give too much away please watch it, it really does make you think & it's a very powerful film even tho it is only 9mins long.

Film 1 – All Over Brazil, 9mins

Titch: A Snowy Day [DVD]
Dvd ~ Titch
Price: 5.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Titch, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Titch: A Snowy Day [DVD] (DVD)
Titch is such a nice sweet little show, originally aired on CITV in 1997 before moving to FIVE (Milkshake) in 2006. It's amazing due to how simple it is, we never hear Titch speak, in-fact we never hear anyone speak apart from little mumblings that we can't work out as it's all done via the narrator. We also loved the stop-motion, they really don't make kids TV like this anymore!

You get 6 episodes in this set (listen below), with a total running time of 1 hour. Unfortunately there is no subtitles on this set, but to most of us that is really not a problem & did not effect the enjoyment we had.

A Snowy Day

Titch: The Picnic [DVD]
Dvd ~ Titch
Price: 4.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Titch, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Titch: The Picnic [DVD] (DVD)

The Picnic

Gillette Fusion Proglide Power Razor
Gillette Fusion Proglide Power Razor
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Gillette Fusion Proglide Power Razor, 12 July 2014
I wasn't planning on buying a new Razor as I already have a Gillette Fusion Power one and I only needed some new blades. But Amazon was selling the Gillette Fusion Proglide Power Razor for only 5 (now 12) so I ended up buying it.

If I'm being totally honest I can not see any difference at all between the Gillette Fusion Proglide Power Razor & my Gillette Fusion Power. I'm sure there is differences that will help with marketing etc. But as a normal user of powered Razors they both feel the same to me. Both give a very nice, clean & close shave with no hairs remaining.

Thomas & Friends: The Complete Series 15 [DVD]
Thomas & Friends: The Complete Series 15 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Angelis
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Thomas & Friends: The Complete Series 15, 12 July 2014
Since starting out as Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends back in 1984 it's safe to say Thomas & his cheeky friends have stood the test of time. While it has changed a lot in the 15 series it's needed to I feel. While as a 26 year old myself I will always love "classic Thomas", I can understand why kids today love the computer / CGI stuff more.

As for this set, it's all fully CGI and is 3 hours & 40mins long totaling 20 episodes of the full series 15. This was the only series to feature Rupert Degas as Butch, plus we get a couple Christmas special episode too (episodes 12 & 19) so it's a nice little set.

Episode 1 – Gordon and Ferdinand, 1 March 2011

Childrens Christmas Collection [DVD]
Childrens Christmas Collection [DVD]
Price: 8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Childrens Christmas Collection, 12 July 2014
Normally in our house to buy the CBeebies & Hit Favourites DVDs so this one, Childrens Christmas Collection, was a little different. Around half of the shows we had never seen before, but that is not a bad thing, we enjoyed them all as much as the shows we have seen before. Unfortunately there is no subtitles on this set, but to most of us that is really not a problem & did not effect the enjoyment we all had. Below is a full list of the shows on this set.

Little Red Tractor – Winter Lights

Thomas & Friends: The Complete Series 14 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Angelis
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Thomas & Friends: The Complete Series 14, 9 July 2014
The last series, 13, we did find a little poor, still loved it, but poor. Am happy to say that this series, 14, of Thomas & Friends we really did enjoy. We are getting used to the CGI stuff and what makes it even better is we have 3 Christmas episodes in this series, no idea why we need 3 of them, but love it!

Episode 1 – Thomas' Tall Friend, 11 October 2010