Profile for Newt Beaumont > Reviews

Awesome Adventures: Mighty Messes [DVD]
Awesome Adventures: Mighty Messes [DVD]
Price: 3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Adventures: Mighty Messes, 27 July 2014
We do like these mix DVDs in our house and I like them too as I'm not stuck watching the same show episode after episode after episode haha. In this mix we get 2 Thomas, 2 Fireman Sam, 2 Bob The Builder, plus 2 Mike The Knight.

We don't really like Mike The Knight, but for 3 it's more than worth it for all the rest. Also this set has full subtitles for each show.

Thomas & Friends – Thomas & Scruff

The Very Best Of Heartbeat
Offered by MasterDVD
Price: 8.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartbeat, 27 July 2014
Out of all the Heartbeat CD's I have bought so far from Amazon this one really is one of my fave. For some reason Amazon does not have a list of the songs. So I have posted the list below to help others.

Disk 1
1: Bobby Vee – Heartbeat
2: The Hollies – Just One Look
3: Freddie & The Dreamers – I'm Telling You Now
4: Gerry & The Pacemakers – How Do You Do It?
5: The Fourmost – A Little Loving
14: Tommy James And The Shondells – Mony Mony
15: Johnny Kidd & The Pirates – Shakin' All Over
16: Sandy Nelson – Let There Be Drums
17: The Chiffons – One Fine Day
18: Cher – “Bang Bang” (My Baby Shot Me Down)
19: The Animals – The House Of The Rising Sun
20: The Crickets – Don't Ever Change
21: Frank Ifield – Confessin' (I Love You)
22: The Seekers – I'll Never Find Another You
23: The Young Idea – With A Little Help From My Friends
24: Vikki Carr – It Must Be Him (Seul Sur Son Etoile)
25: Peter And Gordon – True Love Ways

3: Cilla Black – Anyone Who Had A Heart
4: The Beach Boys – Barbara Ann
5: Donovan – Mellow Yellow
6: Canned Heat – On The Road Again
7: Herman's Hermits – There's A Kind Of Hush (All Over The World)
8: Billy J Kramer & The Dakotas – Little Children
19: The Swinging Blue Jeans – Good Golly Miss Molly
20: Dion – Runaround Sue
21: Love Sculpture – Sabre Dance
22: Cliff Bennett & The Rebel Rousers – Got To Get You Into My Life
23: Tommy Bruce & The Bruisers – Ain't Misbehavin'
24: The Dakotas – The Cruel Sea

The Royal
Offered by Big World UK
Price: 4.67

5.0 out of 5 stars The Royal, 26 July 2014
This review is from: The Royal (Audio CD)
We do have to be honest here, as The Royal used at least 90% of the same music as Heartbeat did these CDs will be the same as the Heartbeat ones. I do not mind this at all as I understand why the same music is on both, & it does not take anything away from the enjoyment of the music.

The only 2 things I didn't really like is the album cover, it makes the CD look dirty when it fact it's not, and the other is the title song, the......i need someone in my life i need a girl to hold me tight......one is not on the album which is a great shame, but apart from them 2 small things I really did love this album.

1: Donovan – Sunshine Superman
11: Bobby Goldsboro – Honey
12: Jan & Dean – Surf City
13: Adam Faith – Poor Me
14: Lulu – The Boat That I Row
15: Billy J Kramer & The Dakotas – Do You Want To Know A Secret?
16: The Chiffons – He's So Fine

Dvd ~ Peter Maddocks
Offered by Sent2u
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Family Ness, 17 July 2014
Before buying this DVD I had not watched the The Family Ness since the early 90's & almost forgot how amazing this show is. When I first put on the DVD the theme tunes takes me right back to being a child again, even now, 20 years later I can still remember all the words lol. All in all very very happy with this DVD. The only downside is you only get 8 episodes (listed below) & at 5mins each this makes this set only 40mins long, it's a shame really as other shows you can buy the complete series for the same price. But apart from that small thing i otherwise loves this set. Unfortunately there is no subtitles on this set too, but to most of us that is really not a problem & did not effect the enjoyment we had.

Elspeth And Angus Meet The Loch Ness Monster

Bertha: The Best Machine Competition [DVD]
Bertha: The Best Machine Competition [DVD]
Dvd ~ Roy Kinnear
Price: 5.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Bertha, lovely Bertha, You are a lovely machine!, 14 July 2014
Bertha, lovely Bertha, You are a lovely machine!

Seems strange how you can love a kids TV show that is based in a factory, but somehow it just works. Unfortunately you do not get the full series in this set like you do with the others (like Ivor The Engine) which is a shame, but it doesn't take away from the pure enjoyment you get with these 4 episodes.

The episodes are: The Great Painting Job, The Windmills, Mouse In The Works, The Best Machine Competition making the DVD last just under 1 hour long. Unfortunately there is no subtitles on this set too, but to most of us that is really not a problem & did not effect the enjoyment we had.

Boys On Film: Cruel Britannia [DVD]
Boys On Film: Cruel Britannia [DVD]
Dvd ~ Eddie Marsan
Offered by fat_buddha
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Boys On Film, 13 July 2014
I have found that normally the first few films on the Boys On Film series of DVD's are a little poor, then they get better. But Cruel Britannia is different. I really did enjoy the first film, All Over Brazil (even tho it has a silly name), and pretty much enjoyed them all A nice change for the Boys On Film series.

I did find “Spring” a hard film to watch. Without giving too much away I know there is some pretty kinky stuff out there, but that film was too much for me.

And “What You Looking At?”, while I don't want to talk about this film as I would give too much away please watch it, it really does make you think & it's a very powerful film even tho it is only 9mins long.

Film 1 – All Over Brazil, 9mins

Titch: A Snowy Day [DVD]
Dvd ~ Titch
Price: 5.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Titch, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Titch: A Snowy Day [DVD] (DVD)
Titch is such a nice sweet little show, originally aired on CITV in 1997 before moving to FIVE (Milkshake) in 2006. It's amazing due to how simple it is, we never hear Titch speak, in-fact we never hear anyone speak apart from little mumblings that we can't work out as it's all done via the narrator. We also loved the stop-motion, they really don't make kids TV like this anymore!

You get 6 episodes in this set (listen below), with a total running time of 1 hour. Unfortunately there is no subtitles on this set, but to most of us that is really not a problem & did not effect the enjoyment we had.

A Snowy Day

Titch: The Picnic [DVD]
Dvd ~ Titch
Price: 4.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Titch, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Titch: The Picnic [DVD] (DVD)

The Picnic

Gillette Fusion Proglide Power Razor
Gillette Fusion Proglide Power Razor
Price: 7.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Gillette Fusion Proglide Power Razor, 12 July 2014
I wasn't planning on buying a new Razor as I already have a Gillette Fusion Power one and I only needed some new blades. But Amazon was selling the Gillette Fusion Proglide Power Razor for only 5 (now 12) so I ended up buying it.

If I'm being totally honest I can not see any difference at all between the Gillette Fusion Proglide Power Razor & my Gillette Fusion Power. I'm sure there is differences that will help with marketing etc. But as a normal user of powered Razors they both feel the same to me. Both give a very nice, clean & close shave with no hairs remaining.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20