Profile for L. Howard > Reviews

Content by L. Howard

L. Howard "lozzah" (uk)

Virtua Tennis 4 (PS Vita)
Virtua Tennis 4 (PS Vita)
Offered by Game Trade Online
Price: 6.22

2.0 out of 5 stars Great start followed by a big 'oh deary me', 6 Mar 2013
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Got the game a couple of weeks back. Played it a bit and thought it was a good game. Did the world tour quickly got bored with 2 games 1 set matches. Even in big tournaments nothing longer than that. Eventually got fed up with just getting into a good battle and then over.

So I went on to exhibition. Made it 6 games 3 sets sometimes 5. Much better or so I thought, until the game decides it will win the next set no matter what. I lose all my service games to love, the opponent is now nearing superhero abilities of speed and breaking the laws of physics and 1 88mph serve takes him to full power up from nothing. In addition some absolute for me get screwed. Do all the hard work get him out of position an easy up the line pass and my player skies it and right into the middle of the court. Over and over again. He wins the set 6-1. Next set its clearly bored and doesn't seem to try or care I win it 6-0 without paying much attention and win almost all the points in 1 or 2 shot rallies.

Really made me feel angry with the game and left me thinking, what a steaming piled of....... it is. The game good if you want a 2 to 3 minutes of good tennis action when you like but really really sucks if you actually want to play it as you would other sports games, putting a good 30mins to hour or so into a good tussle or set of matches.

Mortal Kombat (PlayStation Vita)
Mortal Kombat (PlayStation Vita)
Offered by Re-Play (Video Games & Movies) Ltd
Price: 13.50

4.0 out of 5 stars brilliant fun, epic! slight annoyance, 7 Dec 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
First I've played mortal kombat since the days of the mega drive. Was brilliantly surprised how in keeping with the original game play this was. Its the best fighter I've played in a long time.

The story mode is epic, and great fun. The only issue I found with the whole game was once you are more in a higher difficulty or a way through the story mode is the tactics of the CPU has resemblance of a 5 year of button basher who has found one nearly unstoppable move and just repeats it over and over. Fortunately there are not many characters which possess such a move so this is only an annoyance rather than a game spoiler!

FIFA Football (PlayStation Vita)
FIFA Football (PlayStation Vita)
Price: 19.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, better than Fifa on the xbox 360, which has not been switched on since., 14 July 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I brought my Vita and a few games as I was travelling long haul and got bored with poor on-plane entertainment.

Fifa was the first game I played as I have it on my Xbox 360. And I have to say in most aspects it is a better game.

There were alot of annoyances in the console version and many of them have been dealt with here, some remain but it is much better. Things like random red cards from quality tackles teleporting goal keepers to save shots etc.

The one real annoyance with this game is the "super human" skill of certain players. Andy Carrol, Rooney and some others cannot be tackled and have all the skills and tricks and can run from anywhere on the pitch and if they do not pass they will almost definately score. Andy Carrol rinsed me in 12 minutes (on match clock) I was 3 nil down and I had not touched the ball once for the first goal. They kicked off, ran in and out of every player I had with every trick in the world and lobbed my keeper who was stood on the line but could not save it as it was Carrol. Next goal, I get fouled shortly after kick off, no foul given Carrol picks up the ball near the half way line runs through everyone and kicks it from near the corner of the box and in. Goal 3 was a replica of goal 2.

Apart from meeting the odd "super human" this game is fantastic, it can be played very tactically and against equal opponents on world class you get some really close games. There are some given easy scores which you can most of the time get in a game so actually losing can be avoided if you are not bothered how you score/win.

The career mode is pretty complete and is a true epic feature of a handheld footie game. It makes the game feel so much like the console version that I have not used the console version since I've had it.

Graphics are fantastic, controls are easy and the rear touch pad makes the scoring element even more satisfying when you blast in a 30 yard screamer to exactly where you placed. The commentory can be a bit repeative but that is the same for all EA sport games.

All in all if you have a Vita and you have some (even small) interest in football or football games this is a must.

Fifa 13 for Vita I am sure will be out soon, but I struggle to see where much improvement can come from so don't bother waiting and enjoy this game now before EA do something silly and ruin it.

Maxsimafoto - FILTER Remover WRENCH For Filter sizes 67mm, 72mm & 77mm, Hoya, Kood, Kenko, B & W, Cokin, Tiffen, Maxsimafoto etc..
Offered by Cameramarket UK
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars very happy, 31 May 2012
Had a filter ring stuck on my lens for a while tried everything to get it off with no luck.

Got these through and thought they looked flimsy but with a tight grip the filter came straight off, no problems.

Very pleased

Maxsima - 52mm to 58mm male to male coupler ring 52-58, 58-52.
Maxsima - 52mm to 58mm male to male coupler ring 52-58, 58-52.
Offered by Can-Do Camera
Price: 6.15

2.0 out of 5 stars Works but now I have an issue, 24 May 2012
I have brought this connector to reverse mount my 50mm prime to my 300mm telephoto to give 6:1 macro. It works, received it this morning and done some tests. The focal range as you can imagine is tiny and requires a very delicate hand to keep in focus. But I have got some good shots.

Now I have a really issue. The connector is very soft material and cannot be removed from my 300mm telephoto. Meaning my lens caps wont fit, I cannot fit my filters. Had it have got stuck on my 50mm prime I would have been annoyed but it would not have been so much of an issue as I have filters which can fit the 58mm side I have had spare lens caps etc. But for the 52mm side I only have my prime, which makes for an expensive lens cap.

I have tried everything to remove it with no luck and will now wait to see if a bit of rest will help it come off.

Summary, it works but if you want it off again then beware.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Xbox 360)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Xbox 360)
Offered by b68solutions
Price: 4.49

1.0 out of 5 stars ha ha ha, not funny, 30 May 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
almost if not as bad as fifa 11. Both games are biased and incredibly stupid.

make a perfect tackle and get sent off, they kick the ball off the pitch and it is a throw in/goal kick to them. Choose your direction to pass and the ball goes somewhere completely different.

Have 2 men one marked by loads of opponents and one open in the box who does the ball go to? you guessed it the marked man or if you are really lucky off the pitch.

Crossing, I have played football quite a lot and I can cross the ball to land somewhere in the pitch, not pes 11. pro footballers who cannot cross the ball without it going out the opposite side of the field. This game is a joke.

I cannot work out if I should trade it in for something or keeping it to mutilate it.
So if you are looking for a football game don't weigh up which is better, between fifa 11 and pes 11, you have to be weighing up which is not worst.

Personally I have played both quite a lot and their is very little between them both are shameful attempts at gaming, with both EA and Konami knowing people will buy the games no matter how woeful they are.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 9, 2012 3:37 AM BST

TOCA Race Driver 3 (PS2)
TOCA Race Driver 3 (PS2)

4.0 out of 5 stars best yet!!!!!!!!!, 22 April 2006
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
As the best toca game yet, i was very surprised for it to be the second version not to include events like BTCC and World touring championship.

But wonderful game brilliantly done, a few things that are abit frustrating but once you get used to the game its worth one or two cons. Just having the engine noise and no cheesy musak background poop whlist in the game is a god send.

GT4 is the ultimate driving sim but it has no race element at all. however this has is not the ultimate driving sim but the only game on the market that offers racing like this. Being able to run side by side with the AI for 10-12 laps around indi circuit in the IRL mode speaks for its self in the AI ability. And the best bit is if you push the opponent cars hard enough they will make a mistake and if they don't your not pushing hard enough.

This game gives great satisfaction in how hard you can drive and how it feels to get it right. To overtake the opponents in the way you can and they fight back is a great frill. Oh yeah, if the opponents spin or are along way back they don't just catch up within a lap like GT4, Motogp4..... and so on.

Great car selection great tracks and even better racing. Top 2 event to do has to be IRL and the aussie V8's, but there are so many excellent racing events. Please don't just go for the big fast stuff some less speedy events are the best to race and most fun to drive.

A near masterpiece but not quite.