Profile for Lynne > Reviews

Content by Lynne

Lynne

The Sleep Book: How to Sleep Well Every Night
The Sleep Book: How to Sleep Well Every Night

5.0 out of 5 stars Eventually Zopiclone losses it's effect and often makes the condition worse. I read this book as an introduction before ..., 10 Sep 2014
I've had insomnia for 20 odd years and had tried hypnosis, cherry extract, valerian, lavender, melatonin, Zopiclone, Retimer glasses etc. and only Zopiclone helped me sleep for short periods of time. Eventually Zopiclone losses it's effect and often makes the condition worse. I read this book as an introduction before enrolling in The Sleep School's workshop for insomnia. However, I have not needed to enrol, for the past 2 weeks or so, since reading The Sleep Book, I have slept almost every night for at least 6 to 7 hours. It took a week practising the exercises before I was sleeping through the night and I'm still nervous the condition will return. However, if my insomnia does return I will attend a workshop to help embed The Sleep School philosophy more permanently.

Vampire Games (Vampire for Hire Book 6)
Vampire Games (Vampire for Hire Book 6)

4.0 out of 5 stars Still a fun read, 15 Jun 2013
I still enjoy Samantha Moon's adventures, however, I don't enjoy them as much as I originally did since her children have become more involved and Samatha is developing more and more super powers. Being a vampire and flying around in "bat" form was special enough, I thought.

Night and Day: A Jesse Stone Mystery (Jesse Stone Mystery Series Book 8)
Night and Day: A Jesse Stone Mystery (Jesse Stone Mystery Series Book 8)

4.0 out of 5 stars a great read, 15 Jun 2013
Robert B. Parkers books are all brilliant read them all and haven't been disappointed with any of,them, in fact I've started reading them again since we will not be getting any new ones.

Demon's Revenge: High Demon, Book 5 (High Demon Series)
Demon's Revenge: High Demon, Book 5 (High Demon Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars An addictive read, 4 May 2013
I've read all Connie Suttle's books. As soon as one is released I buy it and when I've read it I can't wait for the next one.

Extraordinary Sketchbooks: Inspiring Examples from Artists, Designers, Students and Enthusiasts
by Jane Stobart

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational read, 25 Feb 2012
I love this book. It examines the importance of sketchbooks in the working practice of the contributing artists. It captures the essence of each artist's methodology and how they record and expand creative concepts through the medium of the sketchbook. It is a beautiful and inspirational book.