Profile for Neil Dowling > Reviews

Is This It?
Is This It?
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Is This It, 28 April 2013
This review is from: Is This It? (Audio CD)
Is This It, well I would say yes it is. Released in 2001 it still sounds as fresh today as the day it was released. Worthy of a place in any music listeners collection this has become a classic album. It has the big hit Last Nite which of course most people will have heard but there simple isn't a dull moment on this album. My only complaint is its not long enough coming in at just over 30 mins.
Cd was dispatched promptly and at a good price. I would use this company again.

Standing At the Sky's Edge
Standing At the Sky's Edge

5.0 out of 5 stars Standing At the Sky's Edge, 28 April 2013
Nominated for a Mercury Music prize and in my opinion this should have won. Richard Hawley has to be one of the UK's best kept secrets and this is a fantastic album. It has a very psychedelic sound to it and a much more upbeat feel than his previous offerings. Buy with confidence. If you don't like this album the chances are you are a One Direction or JLS fan and therefore tone deaf.
CD turned up on time and at a great price. I would use this company again.

Truelove's Gutter
Truelove's Gutter
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Truelove's Gutter, 28 April 2013
This review is from: Truelove's Gutter (Audio CD)
I hadn't heard of this guy until Standing At the Sky's Edge was nominated for a Mercury Music prize. I bought both albums at the same time and Truelove's Gutter is a much more laid back offering than the other. Richard has a great voice and is an extremely good songwriter. Its always nice when you can hear every woed the artist is singing. I find myself wondering how this fella is not more popular particularly when the likes of One Direction and JLS sell vast quantities of dross.
No problem with purchase. CD showed up in good time at a great price. Just a shame the front of the case got split in the post.

The Strokes * Ringer * Shirt * L *
The Strokes * Ringer * Shirt * L *

5.0 out of 5 stars The Strokes Tee., 28 April 2013
Very pleased when this turned up. You only usually find it in black but the blue is lovely. Quality is excellent and delivery prompt. I would use this company again.

Angles
Angles
Offered by DVD Overstocks

3.0 out of 5 stars Angles-The Strokes, 28 April 2013
This review is from: Angles (Audio CD)
I bought Angels the same time as Is This It, the Strokes first album, as I don't own any of the bands work. I have given it 3 stars because its ok and there are some very good songs on it. I just find myself listening a lot more to Is This It which is just sublime.