Profile for Alsatian1 > Reviews

Content by Alsatian1

Alsatian1 (Coventry, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Andrew James Professional Whole Fruit Power Juicer In Piano Black, Includes 2 Year Warranty, Juice Jug And Cleaning Brush
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

2.0 out of 5 stars Great to begin with, now disappointed - returning, 23 Nov 2014
I have left it a couple of months before reviewing this juicer, as it's easy to get carried away with how good they are to begin with. I'm glad I did, as it is now broken. Went to make a simple carrot juice one evening, and... it wouldn't switch on. It last made a green juice with absolutely no issues, so I don't know what has happened to make it not switch on.

I keep coming back to the same conclusion, you get what you pay for. Other customers may have been lucky, but I wonder if they reviewed within a month or two of buying it, and if they had waited, what their reviews would have said instead! I have applied for a refund, and they damn well better give it to me! I will replace this with a philips model now, more expensive but also more robust. My cheap cookworks blender also broke while making a smoothie out of bananas, perhaps one of the easier fruits to blend so I have learnt my lesson now.

When this juicer worked, it juiced fine. I was really happy with it until this. But I don't see the point in replacing it with another cheaply made, unreliable juicer only for it to likely break again. Unfortunate...

Disenchanted
Disenchanted

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun and interesting, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: Disenchanted (Kindle Edition)
This is a nice little book to pass the time with. An interesting and humouring read, lacking slightly in depth but then I think that's the intention. Quite a few funny bits.

MB KNITTED SOFT FEEL CAP BEANIE HAT - 14 COLOURS (MB7500) (ROYAL BLUE)
MB KNITTED SOFT FEEL CAP BEANIE HAT - 14 COLOURS (MB7500) (ROYAL BLUE)
Offered by COOZO

4.0 out of 5 stars Good hat, 13 Dec 2013
Very good quality beanie, comfortable to wear and I like being able to have a big turn up. Strong royal blue colour too.

Beechfield Dolomite Scarf in royal
Beechfield Dolomite Scarf in royal
Offered by TEAM SOUTH WEST Ltd.

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable and good colour match for my uniform, 13 Dec 2013
Decent enough quality, and royal blue is perfect match for my uniform. The only thing I don't like is the slightly cheap looking tassles which look like the scarf has been briefly dipped into a shredder.

Globe Trotters LH151 High Quality Mens Black Smooth Leather Gibson Safety Shoe With Steel Toe Cap (UK 9/EURO 43)
Offered by Tiger Safety

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for the money, 13 Dec 2013
Solidly made, durable, smart but uncomfortable. That's how I would sum up these value smart safety shoes. I found these generally fitted well, but over the course of a day rubbing was a problem in a few places even with thick socks. If these fit you properly you will have an amazingly strong shoe that looks the business, for me however I have had to revert to my trusty trainers for work.

OCTAVE® Unisex Wrist Warmers Fingerless Gloves Regular Length - Keep Your Hands Warm and Fingers Free [Royal Blue, Small/Medium]
Offered by Octave Collection

2.0 out of 5 stars Loose shape quickly, 13 Dec 2013
These are poor quality, fleece material wrist warmers. After just a few wears, the thumb hole loses shape, and the garment as a whole becomes slightly too loose to be effective. Also, for royal blue, this is a very light colour, I was expecting something richer to go with my uniform. I would like to say that at least they were cheap, but at 6 quid no they're not! I usually try to find at least one positive thing about a product to write a review, but really don't think there is anything to say here.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality for price, 13 Dec 2013
For the money, I was expecting something flimsy that would fall apart within a few weeks. The material though is very thick, and the stitching is solid. Lots of pockets, and certainly looks smart with the sewn in crease. I have stopped wearing them however for work, as I used to wear jeans and I just can't get used to the heavy and slightly inflexible nature of these trousers. I feel they are for more industrial jobs than what I do. Fit is superb though.

Simmer Ring
Simmer Ring
Offered by BargainShop_London

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: Simmer Ring (Kitchen & Home)
Decent materials used, and handle feels nice to hold. Bought for a tagine as a combination gift for xmas. Ok value for what it is, and makes a tagine much more versatile.

Nylabone Dura Chew Big Chew Beef Bone
Nylabone Dura Chew Big Chew Beef Bone

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved by my dog, 13 Dec 2013
The minute I opened the box my dog knew it was something for her. Once I'd got it out of the packaging, she nabbed it off me and went straight to her bed and spent a good half an hour chewing on it. Very loud when dropped on laminate flooring however, but small price to pay for a fantastic boredom buster.

Silver Plated Rugby Balls High Quality Cufflinks
Silver Plated Rugby Balls High Quality Cufflinks
Offered by GIFT SEARCH

3.0 out of 5 stars An Ok gift for a rugby player, 13 Dec 2013
These cufflinks are decent enough for the price. A novelty item certainly, but my brother likes things like that and I'm sure he'll appreciate them. The presentation box is a nice touch and makes it more of a present.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10