Profile for Ross > Reviews

Content by Ross

Ross (Scotland, UK)

SAVFY® 808A 7w CREE Q5 LED Bike Bicycle Head Zoomable Lamp Torch + 5 LED Rear Flash Light Kit

3.0 out of 5 stars Good front light, flimsy rear light and dodgy bracket, 27 Feb. 2014
The rear light feels very cheap and flimsy and the bracket is near useless as it comes. The battery cover doesn't properly clip in place, this was after I had just managed to get the batteries into the tiny slot which is barely big enough to accomodate them (requiring undue force just to get them in). I then had to improvise spacers from a couple of old nuts so the light didn't just flop about even when the bracket was done up as 'tight' as it would go. I have yet to find out how it will hold up to a jolt from a bump in the road, but it doesn't inspire confidence. The light itself seems fine but is seriously let down by the casing and the bracket.

In contrast the front light whilst perhaps a little heavy feels very well constructed and the bracket looks to be secure and tight enough to stand up to anything! Also, the strength (and adaptability) of the beam is excellent...

High Speed (Category 2) 1.2 Meter Gold Plated HDMI to HDMI cable with 3D, Ethernet and Audio Return Channel
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 11 Sept. 2010
I'm so glad I decided not to buy the £40 cable that Currys tried to flog me when I bought my new tv! I plugged this in with my xbox 360 this morning and the improvement in picture quality is amazing. I really don't see how paying another thirty odd quid would deliver much more - the picture is crisp and clear and the brighter colours are less garish. It is a little short which would be the only downside I can see, luckily my console is quite close to the TV so that's not an issue for me...

Family Tree
Family Tree
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Come into the Garden...., 11 July 2007
This review is from: Family Tree (Audio CD)
I was nervous about listening to this album as I feared it might be material which was being released just for the sake of it rather than because it needed a wider audience but I needn't have been, it's an absolute joy. The recordings are understandably not amazing quality (though most are perfectly fine to listen to) but that doesn't detract from how special they are. To hear him talking and joking in between tracks and chuckling in the middle of one song when he forgets the words is truly precious. For someone who has only ever heard his 3 studio albums it is nice to get a glimpse of Nick Drake the person as well as the musician... The mix of traditional folk and blues covers alongside his own compositions and his mother's songs strikes a good balance and gives an interesting idea of his early influences. ... I hope other Nick Drake fans and those just discovering him through this album enjoy it as much!

(Oh and on a side note the packaging, which caused the delayed release, is pretty special too!)