Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked like a charm!, 26 Mar. 2014
It was my second signal booster after the first one failed to perform. I couldn't get the whole MUX where ITV3 and 5 star is on. Plugged it in, connected to the aerial and one TV and it works flawlessly. Bath is notorious for its bad reception, but now I have all free view channels again. Thank you!

Eat That Frog!: Get More of the Important Things Done - Today!
Eat That Frog!: Get More of the Important Things Done - Today!
by Brian Tracy

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome - for the first 13 tips, 1 Nov. 2013
I was intrigued by the title, and throughout the book, the analogy about eating frogs was amusing but it works and is straight to the point. The first 13 tips about prioritising your life and filtering out the fluff is great advice for those not already doing it as it really works and produce great results. At the same time, I also find that I reclaimed some "lost" time by not trying to do everything on my task list. In short - I became more productive and have more time for myself and my family.

However, from chapter 14 onwards, it talks about putting pressure on yourself to achieve, staying optimistic and motivating yourself which thousands of books have covered these topics in much greater detail. We are emotional beings and in no way are we able to sustain this. It is mentioned to give yourself a sense of urgency, but of course subconsciously, one knows that it is not real, hence you may be able to sustain it for some time but eventually I would see most people will fizzling out.

Overall, for the price, I'd say it's a blessing for the first 13 tips. It applies not just to work, but all aspects of life.

Bottom line - solid time/life management tips, but motivation needs to come from a higher source.