Profile for Mr. D. W. Garwood > Reviews

Content by Mr. D. W. Garwood

Mr. D. W. Garwood "shopperDAVE" (U.K)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
I Don't Like Cycling...I Love It! Set Of 4 Premium Wooden Coasters
I Don't Like Cycling...I Love It! Set Of 4 Premium Wooden Coasters
Offered by Snuggle
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb gift! Excellent quality, 14 July 2014
Fantastic quality novelty gift. Wipe clean. Come boxed for easy gift wrapping, what more can I say!

Kubik Evo 8GB MP3 Player with Radio and Expandable MicroSD/SDHC Slot - Black
Kubik Evo 8GB MP3 Player with Radio and Expandable MicroSD/SDHC Slot - Black
Offered by ARC UK
Price: 49.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent build and sound quality, but painful to navigate, 14 July 2014
I bought this MP3 player for my car, with the intention of buying a budget media device similar to my beloved SanDisk Sansa Clip+. On reflection, I wish I'd have bought another SanDisk. Main reason being the poor interface of the Kubik, which I find tedious to navigate. The Sansa Clip+ is a doddle to navigate through artists, songs and albums and remembers previous positions in menus whilst flicking between currently playing and searching. The Kubik firmware, in contrast, feels outdated and poorly designed. In all fairness, the sound and build quality is good and the device looks attractive in the Kubik leather case. I would, however, recommend spending a little more for a SanDisk Sansa Clip+.

TRIXES Gel Wrist Rest Support Pad Keyboard & Mouse Pad Set Black
TRIXES Gel Wrist Rest Support Pad Keyboard & Mouse Pad Set Black
Price: 18.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, worthwhile buy, 17 Jun 2014
I bought this set for using at home, since I have the Fellowes Crystal set at work. I don't doubt the benefits of such products for prolonged use of computers. On further inspection, the product is very good quality, correctly sized and blends in well with my existing equipment. Directly comparing the set with the Fellowes Crystal product, on reflection, I personally prefer the Fellowes. Reason being, the gel is noticeably softer on the Fellowes set. Depends totally on personal preference. The Trixes is however cheaper, and equally good for the job.

Microlabs FC330 Model 2.1 System Speaker
Microlabs FC330 Model 2.1 System Speaker
Price: 41.99

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality, powerful speaker system. Best 40 I ever spent!, 17 Jun 2014
Right from arrival in their shiny white, carefully packed, Microlabs box, I new these were something special. The build quality is second-to-none. I quickly unpacked the well wrapped speakers and sub woofer, connected them to my PC, and promptly 'cued the music'. Totally blown away by the sound, I promptly listened to a selection of my favourite albums. I haven't heard my music sound this good. The bass is responsive, totally undistorted, whilst the treble is perfectly balanced, making for a breathtaking listen. I recommend this product whole-heartedly. My neighbours aren't so keen on the latest purchase!!

TRIXES LCD Digital Alarm clock calendar thermometer LED Backlight
TRIXES LCD Digital Alarm clock calendar thermometer LED Backlight
Price: 12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 17 Jun 2014
I paid less than 5 for a small digital alarm clock and calendar for my elderly mother. This clock more than fits the bill. With it's clear LCD screen, powerful LED backlight and simple smart design, I would totally recommend buying one. Of course, it requires 3 x AAA batteries (not included) if you missed that in the description. If anything could be better, I'd like the backlight to sense darkness and activate automatically (like my Actim alarm clock). For the price, it's a bargain!

Sony MDR-J10L Over Ear Clip Style Headphones
Sony MDR-J10L Over Ear Clip Style Headphones
Offered by PADNOTE
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent design, perfected by Sony, 19 Jan 2014
Bought these headphones for use at the gym well over a year ago. They're still going strong, built tough as a nails. Sound quality is good, deep bass response. If they broke, I'd go right out and buy another pair. The only headphones I've ever used which stay on throughout a whole workout. Buy them!

Wired--up Gold Plated 3.5mm Jack Splitter Adapter - Black
Wired--up Gold Plated 3.5mm Jack Splitter Adapter - Black
Offered by accmart
Price: 0.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, 19 Jan 2014
Bought to share music with a friend, without the classic 'one headphone each' approach. Does the trick perfectly. Warning, you may disagree on which song to play next!

Kingavon BB-EB104 Heated Car Blanket
Kingavon BB-EB104 Heated Car Blanket
Price: 15.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Uses for cold knees!, 19 Jan 2014
Bought one for an elderly relative, who suffers with the cold on long journeys. This did the job perfectly. A soft electric blanket for use in the car. What a great idea!

Premium Black PU Leather Wallet Case Cover For The Apple iPhone 4 / 4S With Screen Protector For The 4G 4th Generation
Offered by PJA Distribution Ltd
Price: 3.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Well built, tight fit, quality product, 19 Jan 2014
Had this case now for 6 months. It's protected my iphone well so far. Looks smart, still holding up well! Smug fit, difficult to remove - but then I seldom need take it out of the case. Easily folded round on itself for comfort when making calls. The magnetic pull tab is the icing on the cake. The case is fabulous, for less than 10... Buy one, I love mine.

TRIXES Wireless FM Transmitter Radio for Apple iPod iPhone MP3 (Colours May Vary)
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound quality impressive!, 19 Jan 2014
Bought this for my Vauxhall Astra, which did not have an auxiliary input. Wow, it works great! Very seldom is there any interference, using it with my Sansa Clip MP3 player. Well recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4