Profile for C. Whatmough > Reviews

Content by C. Whatmough

C. Whatmough (Manchester, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Thermos Stainless King Food Flask 0.47L Blue
Thermos Stainless King Food Flask 0.47L Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for morning porridge, 14 May 2014
I bought this as I like to make my porridge properly on the stove in a morning but don't have time to eat it at home. I have quite a huge portion (50g porridge with 300ml milk/water) and it fits in perfectly with a bit of room to spare if I want to add some chopped banana. It advises that you fill it with boiling water for 10 minutes before you put your food in it so that it is pre-warmed but, as I have my porridge only an hour and a half after I cook it, I have never done this and the porridge is always piping hot. No problems with it at all.

Kenwood Prospero KM283 (KM280 series) Stand Mixer - Silver
Kenwood Prospero KM283 (KM280 series) Stand Mixer - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I didn't buy one of the dearer ones - this one has everything I need, 14 May 2014
I was a bit wary of buying the Prospero as the reviews of it are pretty mixed but I'm so glad I did. I can't stop baking cakes. I've had it for about a month now and it has worked a treat and mixes up all the ingredients perfectly, leaving no unmixed ingredients in the bottom of the bowl. I was going to buy one of the Kenwood Chef's at nearly £400 which didn't even come with a food processor anything and I'm so glad I didn't now as i can't see what they would do which this one doesn't. Everything I have made in it so far has worked a treat although, word of warning, the recipes on the Kenwood World website are a bit dodgy and give you some incorrect ingredient measurements! Anyway, must dash - the oven has just beeped to tell me my peanut butter cake is ready!

Nike Womens Revolutionary Support Bra
Nike Womens Revolutionary Support Bra
Price: £2.96 - £153.22

2.0 out of 5 stars Unsuitable for Running, 30 Nov 2011
I bought this bra for running but when it arrived I read the label which had been stuck to the side of the box which says 'Use only for low impact sports'. I think it would be useful if this was added to the Amazon description to avoid others buying it for running only to find it is not suitable.

Even ignoring this, the bra is very unflattering and I definitely wouldn't recommend it, even for low impact sports. As Ms Cohen's review says, it pushes your breasts both down and up, like having a mammogram.

Thuasne 717 Force 3 Sport Bra Chocolate/Turquoise 34B
Thuasne 717 Force 3 Sport Bra Chocolate/Turquoise 34B

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, but not good enough for running, 26 Nov 2011
Bra arrived very quickly but when I tried it on and jogged on the spot a bit I realised there was no way I was going to atually go for a run in it. It would be OK for the gym (probably not the treadmill though!) and other less bouncy activities but I wouldn't recommend it for running. On the plus side, it seemed very comfortable, although I only had it on for less than a minute. I could tell as soon as I took it out of the packaging and saw that there were no adjustments on it that it wouldn't be good enough. As far as I'm concerned any sports bra that you put on over your head with no openers or adjusters on it isn't going to be up to a hard running session.

Shock Absorber S5044 Womens Run Bra
Shock Absorber S5044 Womens Run Bra
Price: £16.49 - £93.70

1.0 out of 5 stars How does this bra get such good reviews..., 14 Nov 2011
...it's awful!?!? I can't believe I paid £35 for this piece of rubbish and subsequently bought a £7 one from Aldi which was much better.

The straps on this bra are ridiculous and they come undone really easily. I had an important race this weekend and I made a point of ensuring that the plastic thingy was in the loop securely as it has come undone on me before and it STILL came undone two miles into the race.

Also, if worn for longer periods it give me terrible backache which I've never had from a sports bra before. As soon as I undo it the backache goes.

Needless to say I have made a complaint to Shock Absorber and am awaiting their response and, hopefully, some kind of refund.

Sorry for the rant, just really annoyed because I had a terrible race anyway and this just added fuel to the fire!

(P.S. product not actually bought from Amazon)

Gore Running Wear Women's Running Sunlight 2.0 Lady Singlet
Gore Running Wear Women's Running Sunlight 2.0 Lady Singlet

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice top for summer running, 7 Oct 2011
This has been my favourite running top through the summer. Lovely and light technical material and a great fit. Nice colour too.

The Coffin Trail
The Coffin Trail
by Martin Edwards

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read!, 7 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Coffin Trail (Paperback)
This is the first Martin Edwards book I have read and it certainly won't be the last. The book is very well written and keeps you gripped right up to the end. This is the first of the Lake District Mysteries series and I'm looking forward to reading the rest of them.

Saddler Leather Credit Card Holder With Plastic Inserts & Keep Shut Tab # 2033 - Amethyst
Offered by Oakgrain Leather

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for intended purpose, 26 Aug 2011
I bought this wallet as I needed something I could keep my train pass in and also a couple of cash cards as I run home from the train station in the evenings and wanted something easy to carry without a bag. This wallet is perfect for that purpose. It fits easily into the pocket on the back of my running shorts. The only time I have had trouble getting a card out (as mentioned in a previous review) was when the card I put in still had some of the sticky stuff on the back of it which attaches it to the letter it comes in the post with.

Nell McAndrew's Peak Energy [DVD] [2002]
Nell McAndrew's Peak Energy [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Nell McAndrew
Offered by WorldCinema

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough! But very effective!, 8 Jun 2009
In my opinion this is the toughest of Nell's workout DVDs.

As with her other DVDs though I find it really effective. The moves don't change every couple of seconds so it's easy to keep up with the routine.

I would recommend this DVD to somebody who is already moderately fit. Any one with low levels of fitness I would recommend buy Nell's Maximum Impact first before moving up to this one.

Nell Mcandrew's Ultimate Challenge: Ultimate Results [DVD] [2004]
Nell Mcandrew's Ultimate Challenge: Ultimate Results [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Nell McAndrew
Offered by WorldCinema

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favourite Nell DVD, 8 Jun 2009
As my title says, this is my favourite Nell DVD. I have this one, Peak Energy and Maximum Impact. I find Peak Energy to be the most difficult of the three, with Maximum Impact the easiest.

Ultimate Challenge is somewhere in between. It gives a great workout and, unlike a lot of other workout DVDs, it is easy to follow without the moves changing every two seconds! You also don't need a good sense of rhythm to be able to do the moves (lucky for me, as I have no coordination whatsoever).

I would recommend this DVD to anyone with a moderate level of fitness. If you are less fit then I would recommend Maximum Impact as a good starter Nell DVD.

Page: 1 | 2