Profile for C. Colley > Reviews

Content by C. Colley
Top Reviewer Ranking: 136

C. Colley (Lincs)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Trespass Vasp Bum Bag - Sapphire, 5 Litres
Trespass Vasp Bum Bag - Sapphire, 5 Litres
Offered by Little Skiers
Price: 11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Trespass Bum Bag, 21 July 2014
I've worn this a few times now and get on with it fine. It felt quite heavy when I first put it on and I kept having to move it around my waist to get it in a comfy position, but after 3 - 4 days of walking long distances, I adapted to wearing it.
I also wondered if the water bottle would get in the way when trying to access the big pocket, but I didn't have a problem. It looks bulkier than it feels, if that makes sense.
This bag has enough pockets to carry essential items such as phone, money, keys, small snacks, sunscreen and dog poo bags. The water bottle holder is great, especially on hot days.
The quality is good - the bag, straps and clasp seem well made.

Just Vitamins Cod Liver Oil & Multivitamins 120 Capsules
Just Vitamins Cod Liver Oil & Multivitamins 120 Capsules
Offered by Just Vitamins UK
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quantity, good price, 9 July 2014
I've looked at vitamins in various shops and it's not that easy to find this product at a reasonable price. Sold separately, cod liver oil capsules, and multivitamin capsules, are easy to find at a cheap price, but not the combination product.
I begrudge paying a fortune for vitamins and suchlike, mainly because if I buy them for myself I never remember to take them, and it's just a waste of money.
I bought these for my husband. The quantity and price are good, the packaging is different, and even better, my hubby always remembers to take them.

Quick and Easy Paint Transformations: 50 step-by-step ways to makeover your home for next to nothing
Price: 7.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book - love the paint, 8 July 2014
Feeling a little nervous about trying some of the various techniques using Annie's Chalk paint, I attended one of the Annie Sloan workshops (Techniques 1), and I came away raring to get started on transforming a piece of furniture.
This step-by-step guide is really like doing a basic course in a book. The book is really useful to refer to when trying the various techniques, and attending the workshop has given me the confidence to get started.
The various projects shown in here has also given me some new ideas on what bits of furniture to look out for.

Brabantia Clothes Peg Bag - Black
Brabantia Clothes Peg Bag - Black
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hanging washing out has become an exciting pastime, 7 July 2014
What a great idea - a peg bag that can be left outside whatever the weather.
All of my pegs (60 approx) fit in this bag, no problem, so I've found that it's plenty big enough for my needs.
I leave it clipped to the washing line most of the time, but I've also found it very easy to use when it's clipped on to a belt loop on my jeans.
I like the quality of Brabantia products, and so far, I can't fault this product.

Large Foldable Laundry Washing Clothes Basket Bag Bin Hamper Tidy Storage Sack
Large Foldable Laundry Washing Clothes Basket Bag Bin Hamper Tidy Storage Sack
Offered by Hangerworld
Price: 13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Multipurpose laundry bag, 7 July 2014
I looked at several foldable laundry bags before purchasing, and I decided that this one looked better quality than most. There are cheaper laundry bags available, but it's worth paying a little bit more to get a better quality item, and one that looks like it will last a long time.
I wanted something for carrying wet laundry outside to the washing line, something that would be easy to store away after using it, and also take up less space than a washing basket - this bag is ideal.
This bag is a good size and an all round decent quality bag. Obviously, a good load of wet laundry is much heavier than dry laundry and the material and handles are strong enough to cope with that. It has a wipe clean plastic lining which also makes the bag sturdier.
The bag folds up easily, and very neatly.
I think this bag would be very useful if you have to carry washing to a laundrette, or up and down stairs. It's good to use at home, or maybe if you live away - at uni, for example.

12" Silver Retro Small Metal Coolie Glossy Lampshade Ceiling Pendant Modern Light Fitting
Offered by theelectricalwholesaler
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great and would buy again, 23 Jun 2014
I dislike cloth lampshades, I find that dust gathers on them and they're not always easy to keep clean. I usually buy shades that I can clean with a damp cloth and this type of shade fits the bill.
These metal lampshades are available in various colours and look really stylish. I chose the silver colour because I wanted it to match light grey walls, but I think it's a colour that would go with most decor. I think the size of it is fine too, although bigger ones are available.
I use a 60w candle type bulb and I find that it gives out sufficient light, although I do tend to use lamps more than the main light in most rooms.
Also note that the bulb can be seen when situated in this type of shade.

Black Heat Resistant Travel Straightening Iron Mat with Pouch by Mateque
Black Heat Resistant Travel Straightening Iron Mat with Pouch by Mateque
Offered by The Salon Stylers
Price: 3.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, does the job,, 22 Jun 2014
I bought this to replace a heat mat that I left behind at a holiday cottage, I really don't like being without one.
I've got no complaints about this product. The material seems to be a decent thickness and protects surfaces from scorch marks. It's suitable to use at home, or away, and I feel much happier knowing my straighteners are always placed on a heat mat.

Clarks Womens Casual Clarks Henderson Ice Leather Shoes In Metallic Combi
Clarks Womens Casual Clarks Henderson Ice Leather Shoes In Metallic Combi
Price: 29.00 - 58.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Just love em, 21 Jun 2014
I bought these in the blue colour, and they are the most perfect colour to wear with blue jeans. In fact, they look great with several outfits, but look really nice with jeans.
I bought a size 5E(wide fit), and with the extra room around the toes I found them comfy straight away. I sometimes need to buy a half size bigger when I'm buying shoes that are a standard width.
The soft suede leather, the flexi sole and air cushion insole all add to the comfort.
Overall - really nice to wear and great for both smart and casual wear.

Jamie Oliver Wine Glasses, 35 cl, Set of 4
Jamie Oliver Wine Glasses, 35 cl, Set of 4
Price: 12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and Practical, 21 Jun 2014
I think these wine glasses are great. I particularly like the chunky design - they're stylish, but not flimsy like most run-of-the-mill wine glasses. I can put them in the dishwasher and feel more confident that they will survive the wash cycle.
I use them for various cold drinks, not just wine, so they're getting plenty of use. My old wine glasses spend most of the time in the cupboard, gathering dust.
Overall - looks good, decent size and versatile. Also available in 45 cl size.

The Victory Dogs
The Victory Dogs
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Dogs and War, 20 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Victory Dogs (Kindle Edition)
Even though this book is aimed at pre-teen readers, it will appeal to all ages.
The main themes are dogs and World War II, so be prepared for a moving, tense story, and one that's a little sad in places. It's not all sad, though, the story has some heartwarming and feel-good parts.
It's a great book for the school library, particularly because there is some interesting details about WWII, and how animals were involved in the war effort.
The Afterwards clearly states that The Victory Dogs is a work of fiction and not fact, but I think Megan Rix has created a realistic atmosphere within the pages of the book.
Authors Michael Morpurgo and Sam Angus have also written good war stories, involving animals.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20