Profile for Jellyb > Reviews

The Husband's Secret
The Husband's Secret
by Liane Moriarty

4.0 out of 5 stars Too many typos!, 30 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Husband's Secret (Paperback)
For the book and storyline itself it's 4 stars. However, I have never read a book with so many typos!! Sack the proof reader, lazy editing and it just annoyed me the whole time I was reading it. There really were way too many mistakes for a book that has received such good reviews.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic item, 14 Feb. 2013
Bought this after seeing it on the cover of a magazine and thought it would be small/light. Its actually really think and solid and looks lovely, very well made, not cheap or shoddy, has pride of place in my living room.

Goodbye, Dearest Holly
Goodbye, Dearest Holly
by Kevin Wells

5.0 out of 5 stars unputdownable ...., 3 Oct. 2005
This review is from: Goodbye, Dearest Holly (Hardcover)
I wasn't really sure what to expect from this book as I'm not really one for reading such harrowing true life events but I have to say it is the most, heart wrenching, gripping and deeply moving book I have read for a long time, I could hardly put the book down. Kevin Wells and indeed the rest of his family have my complete and utter respect and admiration, the way they have conducted themselves in such a strong and curageous manner can only be admired. Holly and Jessica were obviously very much loved and their deaths were senseless, leaving a family torn apart and a little boy without a sister whom he clearly loved. I really felt for Kevin as the father of a little girl taken so cruelly and his fight for justice, the obstacles he had to overcome and his shear determination were extraordinary. I encourage anyone to read this fantastic and moving story of a piece of our history which shook the whole country and left us all asking, why ?