Profile for xlornajanex > Reviews

Content by xlornajanex

xlornajanex (Wales, UK)

Solid Wood Wall-mounted Drop-leaf Table, Folding Kitchen & Dining Table Desk, Children Table, FWT03-N

4.0 out of 5 stars Very handy in a small room, 19 Dec. 2013
I finished uni this year and was moved from my big room at home to the tidy box room. I desperately needed a desk but there was no room for one, luckily I found this fold down desk from SoBuy. It is brilliant, the perfect size for a laptop and mouse pad or a sewing machine - it takes the weight with no trouble. I was concerned about how much weight it would take but it copes perfectly.
One tip, I found the arm which holds it up moves sometimes so Ive popped a bit of blu tac on it and it hasn't move since!

2 x 50cl Lord Nelson's Spiced Rum Liqueur bottle in Presentation Box 20% Alcohol By Volume
Offered by Hebridean Spirits & Liqueurs

5.0 out of 5 stars My Dad's Favourite, 19 Dec. 2013
We tasted this a few years back at a food festival and loved it. It is difficult to find in the shops, buying the two bottles on amazon was cheaper than buying directly from their website!
This liqueur is perfect, it warms you up on a cold winters night and helps cure any bad throats!
Postage was great, and the packaging was sturdy boxes weren't bumped at all.

Carpoint 1410073 Seat Belt Pads Daisy
Carpoint 1410073 Seat Belt Pads Daisy

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, do their job well. Quality lacking..., 19 Dec. 2013
These are lovely looking and function very well The only problem I have with them is the stitching isn't brilliant, when I took it out of the packaging I had to tidy up a few lose seams and straggly bits. For the price I paid I didn't expect this.

The Family, Sex and Marriage in England, 1500-1800
The Family, Sex and Marriage in England, 1500-1800
by Lawrence Stone

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books about family, sex and marriage., 11 Jan. 2012
I bought this for my essay in university on eighteenth century sexuality and found it so helpful! Stone writes so he is easy to understand no silly long explanations which takes ages to understand.
Since then I have used it for various essays and lent it to others, it's so helpful!
I found as well the lecturers quote this book a lot and feature some of Stones theories in their lectures. Stone does have his own opinion on the companionate marriage that many historians don't agree with so be careful on that subject when quoting!

HP Deskjet 1050A All-in-One Printer (Print, Scan, Copy)
HP Deskjet 1050A All-in-One Printer (Print, Scan, Copy)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Printer!, 11 Jan. 2012
I bought this printer to take to univeristy with me. I don't have a great history with printers the general rule is soon as I mess with one it breaks or something goes wrong!
I've had this now since September and printed off it quite a bit, I find the quality is brillant especially when printing pictures/photos onto normal paper they come out perfect not a bit grainy.
The photocopy and scanning is so easy, just plug in and go.

The one thing I would say about this printer is when you connect it to your pc/laptop switch it on and let it warm up for maybe 5-10mins because if you print straight after plugging in I found it disconnects and only prints half a page. But with this sorted it's a great printer with quite cheap ink!

SanDisk 16GB Micro Cruzer - Retail Pack
SanDisk 16GB Micro Cruzer - Retail Pack

4.0 out of 5 stars Great item but a bit off 16GB, 3 Jan. 2009
This pen drive is very good,speed wise it seems okay, not super fast but that doesnt really matter. Compared to my other pen drive it weighs nearly nothing!
I was quite dissapointed when I checked the capacity, I knew there wouldnt be the full 16GB because there never is but to find I had 14.8GB was a surprise. The packaging does warn there is not the full 16GB as well just 1.2GB seems a lot to be missing.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 3, 2009 11:47 AM BST