Profile for The Queen > Reviews

Content by The Queen

The Queen

Canon Zoom Lens EF 24-105mm THERMOS Coffee Cup /Camera Lens Mug /Lens Coffee Cups
Offered by Lycheer
Price: 8.27

2.0 out of 5 stars Great presentation, awful fuction, 28 Aug 2013
This is a great present for the camera-lover in your life. But it is pretty much a look-at only kind of thing. It won't hold liquid , so be careful when you pour in your cup of tea and try to cover and carry it as I did! --no use whatsoever, it just kept flowing out. I've washed it and am using it as a pen holder.

On the Origin of Findo Gask
On the Origin of Findo Gask
Price: 1.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart, funny, engaging, 7 April 2013
On the Origin of Findo Gask is amazing, both funny and smart, not always a natural combo. It brings to life clearly and easily the trials and tribulations of an awkward (very very very awkward) teen, the language envokes the Scottish Highlands with clarity (if you've ever been to Scotland you'll see the places he talks about; if you've not, you'll want to visit), and the easy humour literally made me laugh out loud. I couldn't put it down, even though parts of it made me want to close my eyes till the scene passed.

A good read from a new writer!

Ride, Rise, Roar [DVD]
Ride, Rise, Roar [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Byrne
Price: 6.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it, 11 July 2012
This review is from: Ride, Rise, Roar [DVD] (DVD)
If you love David Byrne (and how can you not?), have seen any of the tour shows (and particularly want to find out more about the dancing as well as the thoughts behind the songs), and would like a shifting camera perspective that give you more of the action on stage at the gigs, as well as the up-close-and-personl feel to the band, singers and Byrne himself, buy it.

I loved it.

Totes Silversox Womens Anti Bacterial Socks Stop Foot Odour Running Walking New (Grey)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 11 July 2012
Socks weren't sturdy enough for running and ended up being my 'emergency' socks rather than the ones to reach for when there was any kind of heavy training planned in my day. Disappointed with the quality

Sex at Dawn: How We Mate, Why We Stray, and What It Means for Modern Relationships
by Christopher Ryan
Price: 6.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 11 July 2012
Well written, easily understood and brilliantly researched. Helps to make sense of so much of our biology and why we evolved the way we have physically; more importantly it explains a lot about human behaviour. It also helps to give us a guide on how we can continue to evolve socially in our relationships by going with, rather than against, our evolutionary history.

Highly recommend it.

Microwave for One
Microwave for One
by Sonia Allison

5.0 out of 5 stars A god send!, 9 Dec 2011
This review is from: Microwave for One (Hardcover)
After one too many exploding pans in my attempts to cook for one in the microwave, (and one too many exploding microwaves, if one may add), one decided that buying Sonia Allison's book was not only a sound investment for the household (of one), but also potentially a life-saver (of one). One recommends it highly, though one is not sure how useful it would be for more than one.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 15, 2014 5:11 PM GMT