Profile for Newton > Reviews

Content by Newton
Top Reviewer Ranking: 578

Newton "Sassy Brit" (Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick, Nude Attitude 4.2 g
Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick, Nude Attitude 4.2 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Nude Attitude - A Little Goes A Long Way, 31 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Revlon's Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick in the colour of Nude Attitude (001) comes in a normall lipstick container, with one difference. The end is clear so you can see the colour. I do like that. It doesn't matter the colour is printed on the other end, but sometimes these rub off, and I always open the lipstick to look inside, so this is a bonus for me.

The actual lipstick in this colour comes out a nice pale peach. Certainly does look like the colour it is before it is put on. This provides a lovely natural look.

It glides on well and keeps my lips nice and moist and soft, with a smooth SuperLustrous Matte look, which lasts well. I am loving it and will look out for more colours after trying this.

SOLEMEMO S530 Sports Stereo Wireless Bluetooth V 4.0 Headsets Earphones Headphones With 10 days super-long standby time,6 hours music time For Apple,Sumsang,Motorola,Sony,HTC,BlackBerry,LG,Nokia and all the mobile(Black)
Offered by Solememo

5.0 out of 5 stars (Not) Wired for Sound, 28 Jan. 2015
Disclosure: I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation purposes in return for an honest and unbiased review.

Wireless Bluetooth headphones are becoming more commonplace, but since they are a relatively new idea the technological advancements are arriving in leaps and bounds. For example, Solememo's "sports" earpieces include the ability to get connected to our phones and iPods etc, via Bluetooth for a hands free experience, that is not only practical but comfortable. You can also switch between using two earbuds or one, since the piece with the power button can be used alone. It's interesting how Solememo have designed their earbuds to fit snugly within our ears, with an additional (removable) ear hooks, which rotate 360 degrees to keep them in place and comfortable.

In addition, another feature I like are how the 'wires' I mention actually double up as connectors to put around the back of your neck, much the same way straps for sunglasses work - for extra protection against loss. Peace of mind when out bike-riding or hiking in the hills.

On the main earpiece is a the power and answer/reject call button and the next/volume and previous /volume buttons, and both have a slot to connect the wires for recharging via a USB.

When connected to my iPod, for music, if I go too far away from my iPod it beeps and when I come back into range it reconnects and says 'connected'. I found the range fairly good, considering if I went out of the house I'd inevitably have to pop my iPod or phone on my person in a pocket close by, anyway.

I enjoy wearing these to listen to music on my iPod, and they also work on my BlackBerry so make listening to music and answering the phone whilst driving easy and safe.

Vitamin B Complex Tablets - Contains High Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, D-Biotin & Folic Acid - Converts Food Into Energy - Alleviate Moodiness, Insomnia, Low Energy, Mild Depression, Improve Concentration and Memory
Offered by Sal Sol

5.0 out of 5 stars B Fit (Vit), 28 Jan. 2015
I love these vitamin B complex tablets by Salvere and take one tablet daily as a food supplement! They are rather expensive but seem worth it, as my energy levels are going up and I feel like I can concentrate better already - the main reason I wanted to try these. Plus, there are 120 of them - almost 4 months worth, so in that sense the cost is not too much over the long run. They are also very easy to take as the pill size is small.

Contains: Dicalcium Phosphate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Vitamin B3 DR16mg (100% RDA), Vitamin B5 6mg (100% RDA), Magnesium Stearate. So you get 100% of your recommended daily allowance of vitamin B3 and B5.
Vitamin B is water soluble so cannot be retained in your body, which is why it can be hard to continuously have enough to keep you healthy, unless your diet is extremely good.

I have also seen an improvement in my hair (less breakage), skin (smoother and more toned) and nails (seem tougher) so I can vouch for fact that vitamin B is known for its enhancing beauty benefits. It does this by counteracting damage caused by free-radicals - molecules that breakdown healthy cells and contribute to ageing and disease.

Vitamin B5 is also known to promote faster healing of skin wounds and is most effective when combined with Vitamin C. Just what someone with Neutropenia needs a helping hand with, so it's all a healthy bonus to me...

Hartleys Gloss Black ABS & Faux Leather Ottoman Stool
Hartleys Gloss Black ABS & Faux Leather Ottoman Stool
Offered by SDE Online

5.0 out of 5 stars High Gloss, High Fashion, 28 Jan. 2015
I've had my old (and rather old fashioned) dressing table stool for years and it was very rickety, so much so it eventually gave way and snapped under from underneath around Christmas time And no, I had not over indulged - not to THAT extent anyway!

So this time I went for something more modern and useful. I was a little dubious how strong it would be, but it's actually stronger than I imagined. There is a padded faux leather seat with a hook, that can be taken off to reveal a space in the drum underneath. I keep toilet rolls in this, so it's not too heavy to move around.

I also find it fits my sized 12 bum nicely, and I am pleased to say I haven't broken it yet. To be honest, this seems harder to break. I don't actually think it can be. They way it is made and its design, is very sturdy. It's more comfortable than it perhaps looks, and it is easy to move about, even when full, as there is a slightly raised edge at the back with a handle to help with this.

I am very pleased with my purchase, and it matches well with my black and white decor. I am thinking of getting more for other rooms, which can be used for extra storage and mores seats for bums when we have a lot of guests over.

CANDY FLOSS LADIES SKINNY FIT STRETCH JEGGINGS ROYAL BLUE PLUS SIZES 12
CANDY FLOSS LADIES SKINNY FIT STRETCH JEGGINGS ROYAL BLUE PLUS SIZES 12
Offered by Candy Floss Fashion

2.0 out of 5 stars A Halfbreed of Jeans and Leggings - Jeggings., 28 Jan. 2015
On one hand, (or should I say leg?) I was impressed with the speed these arrived, their packaging and the fact that they fit as expected. On the other hand, I only wore them twice as they were 'tight' to pull up (well, they are skinny fit stretch jeggings!) and the stitching came apart and they ripped under the crotch. Such a shame, as I really did like these when I first wore them. Especially with boots, short or tall.

Set Large L 1pc Black 1pc Red (Tangerine) Replacement Bands with Clasps for Fitbit FLEX Only /No tracker/ Wireless Activity Bracelet Sport Wristband Fit Bit Flex Bracelet Sport Arm Band Armband
Offered by xyzqujinfly

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Fitbit Wrist Bands at a Good Price, 28 Jan. 2015
I bought these to have as spares and for variations in colours They were delivered fast and were very cheap, but look just as good quality. Fitbit Flex wristbands are extremely good fun, and I have found them very helpful in improving my overall health through fitness, however, the negative side of these are the bands do wear out and snap because the battery has to be constantly taken out and put back in on a weekly basis and this wears them out fairly quickly. Not a bad point really, as with these sort of fitness wearables -- when they encourage you to get hot and sweaty and move you to take action then wear and tear is inevitable

Seeds & Furniture for Minecraft - MCPedia Pro Gamer Community!
Seeds & Furniture for Minecraft - MCPedia Pro Gamer Community!

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Furniture Fun - Room for Improvement., 28 Jan. 2015
This is an unofficial guide for building furniture on Minecraft. The developers are aiming to be the largest source for everything Seeds & Furniture for Minecraft Fans and will a little help from contributors and updates, this could be a good comprehensive guide. It's not brilliant, as some of the seeds don't work, but when they do it's fun and very addictive.

Webbox Dream Bone Chicken Medium, 79 g, Pack of 10
Webbox Dream Bone Chicken Medium, 79 g, Pack of 10

5.0 out of 5 stars Dogs Can't Get Enough!, 28 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Webbox Dream Bone is a great alternative to rawhide bones, and looks just the same, but it's not rawhide and much lower in fat because of it. My dogs loved these. I can vouch that they are also highly digestible, as we accidentally gave them two in one day each, but unlike rawhide, their stomachs were not upset by this. Had they been rawhide, we would have had problems!

These also take a fair while to chew through, just like rawhide, which is want you want from a bone like this. Plus I think they have a strange, but lovely, chicken like smell to them. Almost mouthwatering.

My pet rats have a couple of these in their cage to gnaw on, too. They also love these. Truly a dream bone according to my pets.

Barbie Rainbow Makeover Hair Feature Doll
Barbie Rainbow Makeover Hair Feature Doll

4.0 out of 5 stars Rainbow Hair, 28 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Hi, I'm Barbie and welcome to my Rainbow Makeover Hair [twirls on the spot], which is so cool. Inside my box there's a tool to use on my hair to make it change colour, five vibrant hues to be exact. I also brought my own hair styling accessories with me, these include three barrettes (one pink, one purple and one blue), hair bands and a brilliant blue brush. When you've coloured and styled my hair and fancy something new, a new style,colour or design, just give me a hair wash and you can start all over again. Styling and restyling to your heart's content. Dressed in a shimmery pink top and graphic print skirt, I am always ready to colour your life into something special. For an amazing, up-to-date modern look, I am wearing my pink earrings, a blue bracelet and fashionable black shoes. All I need is for you to style and restyle my glamours locks with a rainbow of colours to really set off this trendy transformation and become your pot of gold.

Owner mentions:

The hair colourer has a cartridge you fit into it, and when you use it on her hair like hair straighteners the colour rubs onto her hair (like sliding wax crayons over her hair) to give colour. It's a bit messy, and not sure it will last long. Couldn't find out if more cartridges were available. It does wash out, but the darker colours take a little longer.

Her arms and legs move, but they do not bend, so she is stuck in one standing pose or an awkward sit with legs straight out in front of her. To be honest she is also very skinny, but not sure if parent's worry more about that than the children. I think she needs to put on a little more weight to be a five start dolly, but other than that, she is pretty cute.

Barbie in Princess Power Corinne Doll
Barbie in Princess Power Corinne Doll
Offered by Midco Toys Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Girl Power!, 28 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Is there no end to Barbie's talents? Beautiful Barbie now stars as Kara, a modern-day princess of whom transforms into crime-fighting superhero (Super Sparkle) with super powers after a magical butterfly kisses her. This pretty doll is Corinne, Kara's Cousin, and she wears her superhero outfit when she transforms into her alter ego Dark Sparkle. Kara's jealous, superhero nemesis. Although, I think Corinne would disagree with that one. In her own words:

Hi! I'm Corinne, and I star in Barbie's latest movie as her jealous cousin and rival (we're best friends really). In our film, we both got kissed by a magical butterfly and develop superpowers that enable us to transform into our alter egos. I'm "Dark Sparkle" and Barbie plays Kara, a modern day princess who transforms into crime-fighting superhero "Super Sparkle". It's a super cool role and I love dressing up in my gorgeous purple and blue princess gown, it has such a long flowing skirt with a sparkling peplum. Draped on my shoulder is a stunning butterfly, which can be pressed to hear a kiss followed by a magical wand sound. Oh, and my glittery bodice flashes with dazzling coloured lightning bolts, too. I make the most adorable proper princess and I come with pretty princess accessories including a purple tiara with lightning bolt cutout and lots of ready made adventures to share with you. So hurry, I can't wait to join you to see what special powers you have!

Thanks, Corrinne. Talking of Princesses, I found this doll had a brown-haired 'Kate Middleton' look about her, which is great. Her skirt is also removable, so you can change it for another large gown skirt if you have one. However, if there is one reason some girls may be a little disappointed is that underneath her skirt (where the sound comes from) she is made more like a robot and dressing her up would be very difficult as her legs are stiff and fixed into part of her 'robot' skirt. Her arms move up and down, but are not flexible either. Despite this, I do think she is beautiful and the story of her adventures will soon be out on DVD in February 2015, where you can find out more about Corinne and her superpowers.

It is my personal choice to have dolls that are flexible and can be dressed up, but Corrinne is perfect for imaginative minds where girl power and superheroes rule the day. Beautiful!

P.S. I've added some photos so you can how beautiful she is...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20