Profile for Newton > Reviews

Content by Newton
Top Reviewer Ranking: 655

Newton "Sassy Brit" (Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Ultrasport Shakti Yoga Bolero - Black, Small
Ultrasport Shakti Yoga Bolero - Black, Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart Shakti, 20 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Ultrasport Shakti Yoga Bolero makes a great addition to my 'keep fit' wardrobe. I tried a small size, which I was a little unsure if it would fit, but it fit well and I am usually a size 12. I think a medium would have been looser, but that is all a matter of personal preference and what you are intending to use this bolero for. Yes, it is a Shakti Yoga Bolero, but it's very comfortable and would also be ideal for Pilates and other forms of keep fit.

I like the material it is made from. It feels soft and has a stretchy, yet not too tight, sporty look to it, which I love. Plus it's different to anything I've chosen to wear before and looks quite smart on. I would definitely like to try other sports clothes from this manufacturer. Especially when the New Year is fast approching and so is my urge to get fitter and healthier for my Summer holidays. And the New Me I always aspire to, with each New Year.

Bitdefender Total Security 2015 - 1 year - 3 users (PC)
Bitdefender Total Security 2015 - 1 year - 3 users (PC)
Offered by Wiziwoo Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Quiet' and Intuitive, 20 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Bitdefender Total Security 2015 is a new to me total protection system for your computer to help keep viruses and philshing attacks at bay. So far. So good. I'm impressed.

Installing was easy, I just popped the disc in and pressed install. It went to the Bitdefender installer and downloaded in around 6 six minutes. It appears to be a behavioural, cloud based form of protection that adapts for each individual use. By clicking on 'auto pilot' it automatically makes the best security - related decisions for you. And if you fancy something more streamlined towards your own tastes (ie more pops explaining what is going on, more (or even less) privacy features, it's totally up to you and all possible.

I love the weekly security report I receive, which gives me details of my level of protection, as confirms it is indeed running very well in the background when all pop ups and minimum interference has been selected by me. This summary provides details of the amount of files and webpages were scanned and if any were blocked. It tells me how many vulnerabilities there were and how many were fixed. Amongst other things, it also reveals how many privacy features were used and how much free space the computer optimization has freed up etc.

From app optimization, wallet (for a clever online shopping protection) and a one click optimizer, Bitdefender has thought of it all.

Add the choice of being able to tell the system you are using different profiles for different activities, (working, playing or watching movies) this really is an all round protection that is 'quiet' and intuitive.

Essentials pH Meter
Essentials pH Meter
Offered by Better Grow Hydro

5.0 out of 5 stars pHantastic!, 17 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I find the Essentials PH Meter is very useful and accurate for measuring the pH levels of plant nutrient solutions and fish tank water. It is very easy to prepare and seems much better quality than a couple of similar ones I have bought. Plus it comes in its own case and keeps everything I need altogether. I also like the digital display, which seems much clearer and more helpful, too.

I'd say this is worth the money, as it is slightly more expensive than my previous choices, but so much more reliably accurate and easier to use - pHantastic!

Nature Pure Potent Raspberry Ketone
Nature Pure Potent Raspberry Ketone

3.0 out of 5 stars but so far so good. With a lot of extra help called willpower ..., 14 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am never sure when trying out tablets for review how they will fare, as it is difficult to tell over such a short period of time if there have been any changes and if the tablets are responsible alone. I can say, however, that I have lost a little weight, but I am not entirely sure it's purely down the these tablets, or if it is a mixture of me just taking a lot more care with what I eat, drinking water before a meal and these tablets working as they should. But yes, the main thing everyone will want to know is do they work. I say, it's probably a combination of all of the above working together, rather then just these tablets alone. Losing weight takes work, I do not believe it will happen just by taking a few pills and sitting back waiting for the magic to happen.

I quote: Nature Pure Ketones a naturally occurring compound found in red raspberries, increases a specific hormone in your body called Adiponectin, which is responsible for regulating your body's metabolism. People with less fat naturally have more of this hormone. When people gain weight, the ability of this hormone to function is inhibited. As the Raspberry Ketones produce more of this hormone, your body begins to behave as if it's thin and starts to naturally break down the excess fat in your cells.

Only time will tell, but so far so good. With a lot of extra help called willpower and exercise!

CLIX Remote Dog Trainer
CLIX Remote Dog Trainer

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly tested. Thoroughly recommended!, 14 Dec 2014
This review is from: CLIX Remote Dog Trainer (Misc.)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The CLIX Remote Dog Trainer is a collar that is controlled by a remote and it delivers a high pitched sound or vibration (you can choose which) to interrupt a dog's unwanted behaviour. Now I wasn't sure about this when I first received it and did a rather funny (although some may say silly) thing and tried it on myself! I mean, if it was going to give out electric shock type vibrations I wanted to make sure it was not going to hurt my dog, and what better way to test it than on myself? Laughs. The most stupid thing I've done was to give my husband the controls... let's just say it definitely works, and it does not give out anything like painful electric shocks to distract the dog, these are just vibrations - annoying ones, though!

Perfect for interrupting naughty behaviour, my husband says, and very easy to use the remote to change the features: there are three durations of either sound or vibration; short, medium and long and the duration can also be controlled manually. And with a range of 50m, I couldn't escape it!

The collar is quite large, and can be adjusted to fit.

On my dogs, well this did work just as well, although my husband said it seemed to work better on me than the dogs and I can vouch both the vibration and screechy tones are indeed very, very distracting and certainly made me jump to attention or stop me being naughty... as did my dogs.

Thoroughly tested. Thoroughly recommended!

All That Matters Is Past [DVD]
All That Matters Is Past [DVD]
Dvd ~ Maria Bonnevie

3.0 out of 5 stars A Damaged Mind is Dangerous! All That Matters is Past, 14 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This film ALL THAT MATTERS IS PAST starts at the ending, and as the story unravels it reveals how childhood friends Janne and two brothers, William and Ruud got to that point. From then on we are taken on a wild, and quite frankly weird adventure about childhood friendship, jealousy, kidnap and murder -- to name but a few things.

It wasn't the most exciting film, but it did make me wonder how it was going to end and for that I gave this film 2 stars as I was hooked enough to stick with it. The ending was not one I expected and to be honest I thought it was pretty good, so added another star for that. This is an odd film, but one I am glad I experienced for all its little niggles, it did have a rather clever story to tell. Damaged minds are capable of doing dangerous things...

Precept Plus Canine Sensicare, 3 Kg
Precept Plus Canine Sensicare, 3 Kg

1.0 out of 5 stars Dog's turned their noses up at this!, 14 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This complete adult dog food contains fresh chicken meat,with no corn, no wheat. It is very similar in look as others I have reviewed, (well via my dogs and their verocious appetites!) but sadly this did not go down well, or stay down either. I am not sure why, but they started off enjoying this and then it made both of them sick. After that, it didn't matter how I gave it to them, with other food, or as a treat (always with water) they just wouldn't touch it. I have no idea why as it looked just the same inside the bag, as the previous dog food they helped me review, which they loved. I have also been very careful not to introduce new food, too fast in case of issues like this. All I can do is say that my dogs did not want this at all, but yours may feel completely different about it. Sadly, I personally can only give this one star.

I have to also mention that the bag this food is contained in looked a little like it should be in a garden centre - can't help it, but that's the impression the flowery decoration gives me! If it wasn't for the dog on the front, I might think this was a bag of compost at first glance...

ANF Canine Lamb & Rice Adult, 3kg
ANF Canine Lamb & Rice Adult, 3kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Dogs couldn't get enough, 14 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I received a 3kg pack of this for my dogs to help me review. Well I couldn't eat it myself not being a furry! It is a dried food product, which is dehydrated lamb meat, with no corn and no wheat. These are a different shape to the normal chunks of dehydrated crunchies I have tried before - flat underneath with a rounded semi-circle shape on top. And they were all the same shape and size. Both my adult dogs really enjoyed this as a complete dog food, although I did not want to totally change their food suddenly for fear of upsetting their old stomachs, so I fed them this gradually, at first with their usual food and then eventually without their usual food. As a complete pet food for adult dogs I am sure I could quite happily feed my dogs this all the time as they did eat up everything.

I would happily recommend this from my dogs' reactions, which of course is the real test!

Zyliss Acid Etched Classic Drum Grater
Zyliss Acid Etched Classic Drum Grater

4.0 out of 5 stars Grate!, 7 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Zyliss Rotary drum grater means no more shredded fingers for me. It doesn't matter how hard I try to be careful with normal metal graters, I inevitably end up grated myself sooner or later. This grater is different, however, as the cheese goes into the drum and is grated no where near my fingers, so although it has razor sharp acid etched blades,it much safer and works effortlessly. I like that it can be used in left or right handed positions, which is very useful in my house since my husband is left handed, which means he no longer gets out of grating cheese!

It looks quite smart, and because it grates a little finer than the usual grater I have, I discovered it is also very good for grating hard chocolate chunks for cake decorating. I would like to have more blades with this, so I can vary the thickness of the cheese for certain meals, hence the 4 stars, although having used it a lot over the past few days I am getting used to this change of cheese thickness and it no longer bothers me as much. If I could, I would award this 4.5 stars since I do enjoy using this type of rotary drum and keeping my fingers graze free is also a bonus.

It's "Grate!"

BETA Adult Spaniels with Chicken, 2 kg (Pack of 4)
BETA Adult Spaniels with Chicken, 2 kg (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Dogs Can't Get Enough!, 7 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My two dogs absolutely love this brand, we haver tried (or rather they have eaten and I have reviewed how they ate it) other versions, including BETA Adult Retrievers with Turkey, 2 kg (Pack of 4) and both have been kept down and not made them ill some some other brands. I do understand the need for introducting new food slowly and not suddenly changing from one product to another as it can upset their digestive system if the difference is too drastic, but luckily it has never happened to them with Purina's Beta. And I do have to be careful as one of my dogs is very old, even though she appears as perky as anything out in the fields chasing rabits.

I especially like that this product has (and I quote) an "Energy & activity formula with high levels of protein and fat to help your active companion replenish his energy stores during active periods. BETA Spaniels formula is also for hunting dogs." As although not pure Spaniels my dogs are hunting dogs- by design at least. So I know that if the Beta Adult Retrievers is unavailable I can vary it with this safely.

Their coats do also look lovely and shiny, too. That's when they have not been rolling around in poo, of course!

They woofed this down, and I am extremely happy with this dog food, so will be buying more.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20