Profile for Mrs. T. Newton > Reviews

Content by Mrs. T. Newton
Top Reviewer Ranking: 625

Mrs. T. Newton "Sassy Brit" (UK)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Oral-B Braun CrossAction Replacement Rechargeable Toothbrush Heads - (Pack of 4 Refills)
Price: 14.55

4.0 out of 5 stars Give them a Whirl!, 26 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Oral-B Braun CrossAction Replacement Rechargeable Toothbrush Heads provides 4 refills for several of the Oral-B electric toothbrush range. It does say on the back of the pack that there are exceptions. These will not fit the Pulsonic, Sonic Complete or the Vitality Sonic.

So what does CrossAction mean?

Well the individual brushes have been designed in a particular angle to get deeper into the teeth to therefore get rid of more plaque.

What do I like about these?

The brush is fairly small and fits into my mouth and around the back without too much face-pulling. I also like the 'indicator' brush, that shows when the brush head is due for replacement. It is recommended to refresh your toothbrush about every three months, so this pack of 4 will be enough for one person for a whole year.

I also like them because the heads are small enough to not make me gag. And believe it or not, I have over sensitive gag-reflexes and can't hold large things in my mouth for long periods of time, without gagging. But the less said about that, the better. At least this type of brush head doesn't cause that.

((Just read this review out to my husband, like you do. He seems to be under the impression 'I should be gagged at all times'. Not sure he has understood what this review is all about... ))

Creative Airwave HD Portable Bluetooth Wireless NFC Speaker with Built-in Microphone and Aux-in - Black
Offered by Luzern
Price: 89.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Has staying power!, 26 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The black Creative Airwave HD Portable Bluetooth Wireless NFC Speaker with Built-in Microphone and Aux-in - makes a good addition to my musical gadgets. I do not have a good car stereo, so this works a treat with my iPod and I can connect my phone to it, too. It is fairly big to be classed as portable, that said, it's sturdy and I feel its size helps with the volume of the sound, which can get pretty loud without distortion, unlike my broken speakers. It is also a good shape to take outdoors.

For all those music connoisseurs out there, this may not have enough base for your liking, but for me it does the job and I can't have anything too fancy or fiddly whilst driving. It's pretty much, tap and go. Once you have a couple of items connected by wif-fi (and this is very easy to set up) there's no need to keep constantly re-connecting them to each other, which is a problem I have had in the past with other similar products.

Comes with the leads you need to charge it up with too. Always a bonus. This speaker certainly has staying power and lasts a good 7 hours before it needs recharging again. Quite impressive.

Omron Walking Style One 2.1 Pedometer - Black/Grey
Omron Walking Style One 2.1 Pedometer - Black/Grey
Price: 16.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Steps up to the mark!, 25 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've tried out several pedometers and the Omron Walking Style One 2.1 is a reliable and well-known make at a reasonable price. It is not erratic like some, and although I found it a little tricky to set up my stride length, once programmed I slipped it into my trouser pocket and let it record my steps for the day. I like that this device is very light, and small, so I do forget it is there. This pedometer also shows how many calories I've burned each day and distance travelled in miles or kilometres. I still prefer miles, so I am glad it has this feature!

Includes a 7 day memory, a clock and a clip. In addition Omron's 3D sensor technology means that this device measures the intensity and frequency of steps taken with a higher accuracy regardless of where it is attached. I have to say, it is pretty accurate so it does the job well as far as I'm concerned and it definitely steps up to the mark. Top marks, in fact!

My Little Pony Twilight Sparkles Rainbow Kingdom
My Little Pony Twilight Sparkles Rainbow Kingdom
Price: 39.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Galloping away with my dreams!, 25 Aug 2014
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When the 'My Little Pony Twilight Sparkles Rainbow Kingdom' arrived this 'My Little Pony' fan excitedly started to put this together, keen to get it all set up and reviewed to share my 'MLP love with the world. After all, I love my My Little Pony Princess Cadance sweetie.

However, after about half an hour of trying to get this together I had to enlist the help of a grown up (my husband and then also my brother-in-law!) It seemed very difficult to fix parts into the ready made holes, since many of them never quite fit properly. When we finally managed to get some of the pieces into their correct places, other parts squeezed and popped out. It all felt too plastic and badly designed. So much so, we wondered how this got through Hasbro's testing stages, because none of us were that impressed with the quality or its sturdiness.

By the time my Sparkles Rainbow Castle was finished, I sat there with a childish like pout and a feeling of great disappointment. Although brightly coloured and cheery with some great well thought out features, it looked more like a rickety, condemned building than a Rainbow Kingdom and my mood was far from sparkly.

The only bonus is that this set comes with one special edition Princess Twighlight Sparkle which is lovely. She has a hot pink outfit with matching shoes, a tiara, cool wardrobe and dressing table with mirror, plus a car in the shape of a cloud that she fits in (without shoes) to whiz down the slide.

Sadly the exclusivity of the Princess Twighlight Sparkle is not enough for me to go any further then 2 stars. And my whole family think I am being over generous with this! Usually I love My Little Pony products, so I feel awful not being able to recommend this but have to be truthful.

Shame, this had so much potential to be my dream castle but instead it just galloped away with my dreams!

Durex Thin Feel Condoms - Pack of 24
Durex Thin Feel Condoms - Pack of 24
Price: 12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Testing Times..., 23 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Woot! These Durex Thin Feel Condoms really do feel like there is 'nothing there' (scarily), and since my last condom review Durex Extra Safe Condoms - Pack of 24 which have been rigorously tested, I am pleased to add these are even better. Plus these smell even less like normal condoms, but remain just as durable and very safe.

Well, like the true trooper of a reviewer that I am, I've got my white lab coat on and my husband laid out and all ready for me to test this pack of 24 on.

Only kidding!

Do you think he'd stay like that if I didn't tie him down first...?

Philips SC2004/11 Lumea IPL Hair Removal System for body with Slide and Flash Mode
Price: 329.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Improvement, 22 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In comparison to the Philips Lumea Essential SC1991/00 IPL Hair Removal System which I also reviewed, this version, the Philips SC2004/11 Lumea IPL system appears to be a newer, and higher end system with additional features my previous one didn't have. Although, I do not think there is much difference in the way they work, notable differences include:

The size of the handle on the top where the air vents are, is longer and thinner and the on button and light energy settings have been taken off the top of the 'gun' and moved to the handle, which is longer now. It all feels much nicer to handle and use.

Plus it includes an extra couple of features, namely a wider treatment area with a body attachment for when in main application mode to make sliding with a continuous application of heat flashes easier and quicker, the SC1991 does also have this Slide & Flash for smooth, speedy applications, what it doesn't have that this one does is a cordless and rechargeable feature, which makes this product much better for me as there is plenty of charge to cope with treating everything I want to, in one session.

Although there is not a huge difference in shape, and it works in the same way, the small changes have made a great improvement!

Oral-B Pro 600 Crossaction Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun
Oral-B Pro 600 Crossaction Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun
Price: 25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Smiley Happy Gnashers!, 21 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Braun Oral-B PRO 600 CrossAction Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush is a sleek looking tool to clean your teeth with. It has a longer handle than any other electric toothbrush I've tried before and because of this I feel it makes it easier to clean my teeth in all the hard to reach places.

Braun says it cleans 100% better than a normal tooth brush and with their fantastic brush's 3D movement cleaning system and round angled head it mimics the shape of professional cleaning tools. I can't deny the brush does look and feel different, and my teeth are a lot cleaner than usual.

I also love the built in timer, which indicates how long I have been brushing by making a different brushing movement every 30 seconds and when I reach two minutes it does this again with a slightly longer and different movement. When this happens, it is apparently the dentist-recommended brushing time of two minutes and strangely it does help me keep brushing longer, which can only be a good thing. I'm the sort of person this type of 'measuring' works on!

It also has a battery picture on the handle which lights up and it shows when the charge is getting low. This is something I have had in the past, and when I had to get a new brush without this indicator light I really missed it, so I am happy this is included on this version.

Even though this is not one of Braun's top of the range versions, and the price remains fairly cheap, I am happily impressed with this electric toothbrush and do recommend it.

WOW! This is my 400th review! 'Where are the flags and fanfare?' She asks, flashing her smiley white pearlies to anyone who will take notice...

Fellowes I-Spire Series Lumbar Cushion
Fellowes I-Spire Series Lumbar Cushion
Price: 17.56

4.0 out of 5 stars Lumbar Back, 20 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This comes all ready to just tie around your work chair, tighten up and sit back against. A snazzy idea for those who do not have a chair with lumbar support. I found it easy to use for my chair at home, but if you want to take it to work, it can be easily removed and is light enough to carry to and fro from work when needed.

So that's backache sorted, but is there anything to make my pain in the butt to go away? Doing an Amazon search now...

Roberts Radio Sports DAB5 DAB/DAB+/FM Personal Digital Radio - White
Roberts Radio Sports DAB5 DAB/DAB+/FM Personal Digital Radio - White
Price: 46.59

4.0 out of 5 stars It's not Roberts, it's mine!, 20 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A handy, cool looking, white sports DAB personal digital radio, that is compact and ready to go wherever you do, once you load it with batteries. (2 x AA - Not included).

I do like the large blue backlit LCD display, which shows you the station and songs playing. Plus the lock is good, to prevent accidentally changing the channels over whilst you are playing sports or dancing around the kitchen doing the washing up. That's the cool thing about this DAB radio, I like the way I can take this anywhere, as my DAB radios are not portable, and I do not have a decent radio in my car, either. So this does help with the normally long, boring drive.

The only thing that makes this lose a star is that I am unable to connect to it via bluetooth, so I cannot use this with my bluetooth [sit over the ear' headphones.

On the plus side, the sound is nice and loud, clear and there is a good selection of pre-set stations, plus mine found more.

Comes with matching white in-earplug headphones. Perfect for blocking out my husband's moaning...

Says Roberts on the front. It's not Roberts it's mine!

Wahoo Fitness TICKR Heart Rate Monitor for iPhone and Android - Blue
Wahoo Fitness TICKR Heart Rate Monitor for iPhone and Android - Blue
Price: 49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A Heart Racer!, 19 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Once again, I tried to download this on my old iPod but it said it needed iOS7 or above to work properly, so my son tested this on his newer version, which connected easily and worked well via bluetooth. This is optimised for the iPhone 5 if you have one of those. Plus the iOS Wahoo app is free to download.

The strap attaches to the Wahoo Fitness TICKR Heart Rate Monitor via two snap buttons, which is easily adjustable and large enough for even my husband. And that's saying something.

Once connected this is compatible with several types of programmes to help calculate your real time heart rate and calories burned during exercise. I've tried a few of these out and this one is more accurate in my opinion.

It also has ANT+ and Bluetooth 4.0 capabilities, connects to GPS watches, iPhone 4S and later models, and select Android devices with 4.3 OS or newer. The magic word of course, is newer.

A great way to assist you in keeping fit, with real time feedback. Now, if only I could get my old man to test this out, so he could work on his six pack. In my fantasies maybe...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20