Profile for Sassy > Reviews

Content by Sassy
Top Reviewer Ranking: 569
Helpful Votes: 1994

Sassy "Newton Reviews" (Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Skipping Rope - Fast Speed Rope for Fitness Training - Includes FREE Skip Circuit Full Body Workout & FREE Carry Case - Boxing, MMA, Crossfit Workout, WOD's, Cardio - Best Professional Ropes - Get Fit for Summer! - Great for Exercise - For Men & Women - Improve Strength & Stamina - LIFETIME GUARANTEE
Offered by Roboshop Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and Furious One!, 4 Aug. 2015
The 'We are Training' Skipping Rope was sent to me for test and evaluation purposes in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. Here is how it fared:

^^ I found the instructions that came with it made shortening the rope to the right length, much easier than at first anticipated.
^^ I used a good pair of scissors to cut the wire, though it is recommended to use wire cutters. Just remove the rubber cap, cut the wire to size and then replace the cap.
^^ Calling it a skipping rope is just really a habit. This is less of a rope and more of a covered wire which looks much higher quality than the rope and plastic types you can get.
^^ Good value for money, considering the quality look and feel of this product.
^^ Comes in an handy bag to keep it in. Nice to keep in your gym kit.
^^ I found it great for my cardio work out. Plus also for short High Intensity Training sessions.

Overall:

I am happily impressed at not only the quality of this skipping rope, but the actual usage was fast and smooth. For a skipping rope it really felt like something special. In addition, they offer a free 'We Are Training' Skip Circuit Workout Programme - To help improve your FITNESS, STAMINA & ENDURANCE, Great for WEIGHT LOSS, Become Fit, Reduce Fat, Burn Calories, Build Muscle & Improve Muscle Tone. Improve Cardio & Lymphatic Health. Skipping is a workout for your Upper & Lower Body.Great stuff. I look forward to using this on a daily basis. With this, I almost feel like a professional skipper!

Blueberry Pet 2.5cm L Summer Hope 3M Reflective Fluorescent Pink Padded Dog Collar, Large Neoprene Collars for Dogs
Offered by Blueberry Pet UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot Pink Fluorescent Collar, 4 Aug. 2015
This neoprene fluorescent pink Blueberry 3M reflective dog collar in large (2.5 cm) was sent to me by Blueberry Pet UK as a sample for test and evaluation purposes in return for my honest and unbiased review. Here are my findings:

^^ This had a strange wrap around feature, so when I placed this around my dogs neck, and thread it through the loop it then went back on itself before it clicked into place. This was not a problem for me, but it was an odd way to fasten a collar. Quite unusual to say the least.
^^ The material is a strong nylon and neoprene, so it looks tough and should be long lasting.
^^ It has a nice thick, padded feel to it,
^^ Once on, it fits well.
^^ The outside edge has a cool reflective strip.
^^ I love the bright fluorescent pink colour!
^^ It also has a nice big strong circular ring to fix my dog's lead to it.
^^ Good looking.
^^ I have tried this on both my dogs and neither of them have any troubles with it, so I can safely say it does appear to be very comfortable for both of them.
^^ Also put this through the wash and it came out fine!
^^ Sorry picture was not a good as I thought it would be. I hope to add some better ones soon.

Overall:

I am happy with this, despite the odd way it does up (which is slightly annoying - since I can't see the reason why it was designed like this) I still think it fits well and does look good. I have never had any trouble with either of my dogs slipping out of it, so it's still fairly safe to use and of course it looks pretty cool being a gorgeous bright hot pink. Shows my girls' black fur off beautifully!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Blueberry Pet Collars For Dog Classic Solid 2.5cm Large Neoprene Padded Citron Striped Dog Collar
Offered by Blueberry Pet UK

5.0 out of 5 stars With Go Faster Stripes - Dog Collar Coolness, 4 Aug. 2015
This Citron Striped (yellow) Blueberry dog collar in large (2.5 cm) was sent to me by Blueberry Pet UK as a sample for test and evaluation purposes in return for my honest and unbiased review. Here are my findings:

^^ This fitted my large very well and had a fair of the collar bit left over, which could be cut off if needed, however, I preferred to tuck it in than to start messing about with it. I didn't want it fraying.
^^ It's not really adjustable, so make sure you measure correctly.
^^ This has a nice padded feel to it, although it is not as big and chunky as the other collar I have reviewed (also by Blueberry Pet UK) it is still strong, reflective and looks long lasting.
^^ The slightly thinner design gives a totally different look.
^^ It fits my dog well and she wears it all the time. I think it makes her look quite smart.
^^ It also has a nice big strong 'D' ring to fix my dog's lead to it.
^^ Great value.
^^ Good looking.

Overall:

This collar does the trick, as it fits well and appears to be fairly padded and strong looking. I can see this lasting a while. I also put this through the wash and it came out well.
Comment Comment | Permalink

ESYNiC AC 5G 600Mbs Dual Band WiFi USB Adapter - Maximum Speed up to 5G 433Mbps 2.4G 150Mbps - Complies with IEEE 802.11AC/N/G/B Standards-Next Generation WiFi & Supports Windows 8.1/8/7/XP32/64bit
Offered by EsynicDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful AC 5G Adapter, 4 Aug. 2015
The ESYNiC 5G Nano wifi adapter is a tiny USB stick about the same size as the end of my thumb (an inch long) and fits into my laptop - a Windows 8.1 PC via a USB port.

What I love about this:

^^ My average speed increased by around 60mbps!
^^ The 5G Nano AC 600 version is small enough not to stick out the side of my laptop and get in the way.
^^ When I tested my laptop upstairs (where my Virgin media does not work at it's best when streaming films and playing games) the speed had increased. Now, I'm no techie, but I can see this works and it was an improvement. The Ultra-fast AC600 (433+150Mbps) wireless speed with 802.11ac definitely an increased speed when downloading / streaming films with none of the usual lag, where it normally is upstairs.
^^ When up and running there is a green light which flickers when working, it is very small and does not distract me when working, like some. I notice some other makes can light up the whole room with their flickering and I have to pull them out to get some sleep. Not with the Esynic.

Key Points:

^^Upon installation, I chose to install the Mediatek Wireless LAN via the Wizard and then connect to my router network, very quickly (the 2nd time round- after uninstalling and reinstalling!)
^^ Comes with a mini-disc (no antenna like on some of these models advertised).

What was a little annoying:

^^ Initially, I had a little trouble setting this up. I did it in the end, but the instructions were different to what I saw on screen. In addition I think it was my own fault since i stuck the dongle in straight away and then read the 'do not put the dongle in until after you have downloaded the software' in the instruction manual. Whoops!

Overall:

Once I got this up and running, as it seemed to take ages to establish a connection, it worked very well. Bearing in mind it was most likely my fault I messed the installation up I am still awarding this 5 stars since it did show an improvement where needed, and at quite a distance from my router. Interestingly, this Nano dongle is also backwards compatible, so will work on boosting Wi-Fi speeds on older computers. Just check the minimum requirements you need if that's the reason you need this adapter. Works fine on my Lenovo laptop.
Comment Comment | Permalink

UA136B Auto Ranging Digital Multimeter with Backlit LCD Multi Tester Voltmeter Ammeter Ohmmeter - AC / DC Voltage & Current, Capacitance, Continuity, Diodes, HFE, Frequency, Duty Cycles

5.0 out of 5 stars Multimeter, Voltmeter, 3 Aug. 2015
The Mudder UA136B digital multimeter was supplied to me as a sample for test and evaluation purposes in return for an honest and unbiased review.

What does it do?

It measures AC / DC voltage, direct and alternating current, resistance measuring, diode testing, hFE, capacitance, frequency and duty cycles in commercial, home repair for automotive and electrical testing.

Like me, you may still be wondering just what that is, so I have to admit my husband helped me test this as I had no idea what it was for or how to use it.

^^ The instructions were in a quite small print (not so bad for some I am sure) and seemed a little tricky at first, however, once you know what you are doing - (for me that was trial and error testing) it is actually not that hard to understand. I am sure a qualified electrician would know instantly.

On the positive side:

^^ The LCD screen is large and easy to read and the backlight works well.

^^ At first I thought there were no batteries in it but upon opening up the back, (with a Phillips screwdriver) I discovered the two AAA batteries included were covered in a protective seal.

^^ Comes with two pencil-like probes have metal tips for making electrical contact.(test leads) which enable readings, so you can do PAT testing. One is held in each hand.

^^ The data hold button (Hold B/L) simply means it freezes the display

^^ The range buttone (red) changes the range by adjusting the resolution by moving the decimal point.

^^ It has auto power on and off, saving valuable battery power.

^^ It has a variable frequency option.

^^ It has an audible continuity tester which buzzes.

^^ The unit is a nice size to grip in the hand.

Overall:

^^ Once shown how to use this, I found it very handy. Or rather, my husband does. He recommends it although it is the only one he has, it is so far the best.

Lavolta Motif Designer Pattern Laptop Sleeve Case Bag Skin for up to 13.3-Inch Notebook fits Apple MacBook Pro MD101LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop (NEWEST VERSION)
Offered by Smart Parts UK, Digital Lifestyle Retailer

5.0 out of 5 stars Lavolta Motif Designer Patterned Laptop Sleeve with Zip, 3 Aug. 2015
This 13 inch Lavolta Motif Designer Pattern Laptop Sleeve laptop sleeve in a damask design was sent to me by "Smart Parts" as a sample for test and evaluation purposes in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. Here is how it performed.

^^ This is nice padded laptop sleeve with a zip around it and it fits my 13 inch laptop perfectly without making it too bulky for my backpack.
^^ Comes in a couple of patterns. I have Damask but there is also Zebra.
^^ It also has a slightly waterproof almost neoprene feel to it, which is also nice and reassuring when it comes to protecting my laptop when carrying it around.

Overall:

This is a pleasant design and a most welcomed fit. Thoroughly recommended.

Handmade Journal Diary - Celtic Tree of Life - Genuine Leather
Handmade Journal Diary - Celtic Tree of Life - Genuine Leather
Offered by Smart Parts UK, Digital Lifestyle Retailer

5.0 out of 5 stars Handmade Celtic Tree of Life Journal - Beautifully Bound, 3 Aug. 2015
The Celtic Handmade Leather Diary was sent to me by "Smart Parts" as a sample for test and evaluation purposes in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. Here is how it performed.

^^ This had a true 'natural' feeling about it. Partly because it was made of leather and partly because the pages looked handmade.
^^ I love all sorts of notebooks and this reminds me of those you see that are used for Grimoires. In fact, this would be perfect for that.
^^ The leather has a gorgeous design and I love the way it has an extra flap and ties to keep it closed. This makes the book look very old indeed and gives it that 'ancient feeling'.
^^ It also feels more like a personal, spiritual book that could mean much more than the usual notepad.
^^ There are lots of blank pages (250) to write and draw in and a thousand uses - however, I still keep going back to the idea that this would be ideal for Pagans in both design and usage because of the Celtic Tree of Life pattern.

Overall:

I really like this as it unusual in design and I do love notebooks of all types. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for something a little more on the special side as this is definitely not a run of the mill jotter pad for the office. Beautiful, leather bound design.

Kenley Paper Punch Binder Binding Machine with Starter Combs Set - 21 Hole / 450 Sheets

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Bound, 3 Aug. 2015
The Kenley Paper Binder Machine was sent to me by "Smart Parts" as a sample for test and evaluation purposes in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. Here is how it performed.

^^ This is quite a large piece of equipment and desk space is required.
^^ Comes with binders for binding small amounts of paper together in book form. You can purchase large ones to hold larger amounts together.
^^ For A4 sheets of paper.
^^ Very useful for all sorts of things. From keeping office manuals or procedures together for work to binding manuscripts for editing or blank sheets together for your own projects. Just a few ideas, although I am sure there are plenty more.
^^ Easy to bind.
^^ The max comb size that can be used is 21 hole combs, however you can use smaller ones too.
^^ Good for home office use.
^^ The instructions could have been better though, although it is fairly simple to use.

Overall:

I am very pleased with this and use it often. Have even bought my own binders in various different sizes since using up the supplied ones. Honestly, nothing is safe from being bound. Thoroughly recommended.

Milk Frother BATTERIES INCLUDED, MONEY BACK GUARANTEE !! The Best Automatic Electric Handheld Milk Frother in Black with a Soft touch handle, Stainless steel whisk, Perfect for making Coffee, Hot Drinks, Shakes, Egg Beater/Mixer, Cappuccino, Vinaigrette, Latte, Hot chocolate
Offered by jb online

5.0 out of 5 stars Frothy Coffee Milk Frother, 3 Aug. 2015
​The milk frother was sent to me by "My Kitchen Discovery" as a sample for test and evaluation purposes in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. Here is how it performed.

^^ Easy to use. Just add the 2 AA batteries (included).
^^ Good design. Easy and comfortable to hold and works well in a whisking jug.
^^ Can use in a mug, but you need to be sure to keep the long whisk inside the cup to avoid spillages.
^^ Smaller than expected, however, great to use.
^^ Good for the current sale price, I wouldn't expect to pay more for a whisk of this size.

It arrived fast and does the job easily. Having batteries means it is portable and handy to take to the office so you can have frothy coffees and cappuccinos at home and at work, which I love. Great for a Latte art canvas!

AmazonBasics USB 3.0 A to A Male Cable (3 Meter/9.8 ft)
AmazonBasics USB 3.0 A to A Male Cable (3 Meter/9.8 ft)

5.0 out of 5 stars Male to Male USB Cable 3.0, 3 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you need one of these male to male (A - A) cables you know how handy these can be for connecting two gadgets together to allow for file transfer from one device to another. They may be more niche but they do have their uses.

^^ The cord is a handy 3 meter / 9.8ft in length, which is ideal for my office set up where the room is small and the plugs are too far away to enable placement of two devices close enough to connect them to each other, so a long male to male cable is ideal for this situation.

^^ This was very useful for connecting my laptop to my printer and also transferring my files from my PC to my laptop.

^^ Arrived in a small brown cardboard box, which was easily opened and disposed of in the recycling bin.

Overall:

This is a reasonably cheap, long length cable that not only works well but feels sturdy and pretty good quality for an AmazonBasic. Thoroughly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20