Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Voyage Shop Now Shop now
Profile for Sassy > Reviews

Content by Sassy
Top Reviewer Ranking: 480

Sassy "Newton Reviews" (Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
EmaxDesign Makeup Brush Set Professional Premium Synthetic Kabuki Foundation Blending Blush Eyebrow Face Liquid Powder Cream Cosmetics Brushes Kit With Bag (10pcs Golden Black)
Offered by EmaxDesign UK

5.0 out of 5 stars I am really pleased with these brushes, 30 Aug. 2015
The EmaxDesignProfessional Synthetic Makeup Brush Set (10pcs Golden Black) were supplied to me as a sample for test and evaluation purposes in return for my honest and unbiased opinion.

I am really pleased with these brushes. Here are a few key points I'd like to share with you:

^^ This is a complete set of 10 brushes. From foundation blending brushes, eyebrow brushes to blusher brushes.
^^ Comes complete with a make-up bag to either put make-up in or keep the brushes in. Personally I like to keep my brushes out on my dressing table within easy reach, but the bag is useful for when you want to pack them away to take on holiday or on a business trip with you.
^^ It is said that these handmade brushes are made of premium synthetic fiber materials provide an incredible touch and feel. They certainly do fee soft to touch and very gentle on my face.
^^ In addition, EmaxDesign say these brushes will not shed. Of course, I have not had these that long, but they have not lost any bristles at all.
^^ These look and feel very good quality and really do appear to be professional looking. I do like the black and gold design and the helpful instruction manual really finishes this set off nicely.
^^ Contains:
7. Angle Flat Top Shadow Brush
8. Eye Shadow Brush
9. Blooming Brush
10. Blooming Brush Detail Powder Brush

Overall:

I have used these a lot on a daily basis and the quality still shows through. They haven't lost their shape or bristles and the initial strong solvent smell disappeared within the first day of washing and then using them. I'm pleased to have tried these out and have also reviewed another set by EmaxDesign, which I liked even more. For the price they are extremely good brushes and I can happily recommend this set.

EDEN 57461 501 Gravel Cleaner
EDEN 57461 501 Gravel Cleaner
Offered by Neyses-Gartenteiche

5.0 out of 5 stars Gravel Cleaning 101 - Healthy fish are happy fish!, 30 Aug. 2015
I wanted this EDEN 57461 501 Gravel Cleaner Sold by: Neyses-Gartenteiche for my large aquarium as I am finding that keeping the algae under control has been a constant battle over the hot summer months and I wanted to make sure I was cleaning the gravel correctly in order to prevent a large build up of waste which could be affecting not only the water PH but the dirt within the gravel and algae build up.

Here is what I thought:

^^ Putting it together was a matter of reading the instructions and building it up piece by piece. It wasn't hard, but it was one of those rare products that I had to keep referring to the manual to check I had put it together correctly.

^^ I'd say it works well, but it is sometimes a little slow. But that's not a problem and more likely showing my own impatience with things like these. The speed of the suction does improve if you wriggle the hard pipe around into different positions. I found it best at an angle.

^^ The EDEN 57461 501 Gravel Cleaner siphons the dirty water out, collects the mess, cleans it and then the clean water is put back into the tank. Marvellous!

^^ If you can't get it to work when you first set it up, just make sure you have the water tank filled full to the top. It should then bubble and make lots of noise as it first pushes the air out, then this dies down and hums along almost silently working its magic.

^^ You do need to keep moving the suction pipe around the bottom of the fish tank to repeatedly to ensure you clean every inch of the gravel.

^^ I find it's easy to clean and find the design is well made for hanging it over the edge of the aquarium, so you can instantly see when it needs cleaning. The container is a dark grey colour so you can still see when it needs emptying but the yukky contents are fairly hidden from view so it is not unsightly.

^^ It includes everything you need to get it up and running, but does work from a 2 pin plug, so you do need an adapter for it.

Overall:

I am happy with the EDEN 57461 501 Gravel Cleaner and can recommend. I am really beginning to think I need to check out what else is out there for algae control, but for a gravel clean it works well. So far, so good. No problems. Happy fish.

Tree of Argan 100% Organic Pure Argan Oil - For Face Body Hair Nails (100ml)
Tree of Argan 100% Organic Pure Argan Oil - For Face Body Hair Nails (100ml)
Offered by ASVP Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Tree of Argan Oil - 100% Organic and free from animal testing!, 30 Aug. 2015
This was sent to me as a sample for test and evaluation purposes in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. Here is how it fared:
^^This came in a decent sized bottle with 100 mls. It is a nice dark blue bottle with a long dropper application which makes it easier to apply.

^^ It is 100% Pure Argan Oil - Certified Organic & free from animal testing by CCPB®
^^ I used this on my hair in the evenings and washed it in the mornings for a lovely glossy straight look. I am very happy with the results and feel like it is doing my badly treated hair a lot of good. The vitamin E content is high, which is great for improving hair quality and shine. Can also be used on towel dried damp hair after washing.
^^ Similarly, I also use this on my nails and cuticles as part of my manicure proceedure after soaking my nails in warm water first. It's early days yet but I do hope rubbing this in is improving my nail texture and the natural oils within for a strenghtening effect. It can also be used on your skin as it replenishes the skin's moisture & leaves skin feeling silky smooth.

Overall:
I am happy with the quantity provided for the (current) price, it's a bargain! There is a certain appeal to the look of the bottle and the packaging it came in. I am sure there are a lot more uses for this, however, for my hair and nails I think I've got a keeper here and enjoy using this on a daily basis. Can happily recommend this as I really do enjoy using this Pure Argan Oil from the kernel of the Argania Spinosa Tree. It's absolutely fabulous!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Resistance Bands - Set of 4 Premium Exercise Bands - Great for Improving Mobility and Strength, Yoga, Pilates or for Injury Rehabilitation - Suitable for Women and Men - Made From Natural Latex Material - Lifetime Guarantee
Offered by Starwood Sports

4.0 out of 5 stars Resistance Bands Not to be Resisted., 30 Aug. 2015
This Starwood Sports set of 4 premium exercise resistance bands were supplied to me in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. Resistance training is a great way to challenge muscles for both the upper and lower part of the body in a varied way. In keeping routines varied and challenging all muscle groups it forces the muscles to adapt and strengthen as they respond in size and strength.

Key points:

^^ These are different to what I expected. Other bands I have tried out are made from thicker material, however, these are much thinner and lighter making them easy to fold up, put away and carry around in a suitcase or overnight bag should you wish to continue your exercises when away on business or holiday.

^^ For the same reason this is one set of excersise equipment that will not take up much space in the house.

^^ These pack consists of the following 4 bands: Green (Light) 6-16 1bs Blue (Medium) 11-27 1bs Red (Heavy) 15-33 1bs Black (X-Heavy) 21-45 1bs.

^^ For more resistance you can even add two different bands at the same time should you need to.

^^ Can be used to vary training sessions to prevent exercise routine boredom. Different colours are useful for different skill levels. I found them particularly good for placing around my legs when I do my usual floor routines to make the routine a little more hard work and more challenging.

^^ Easy to find exercises, health benefits and other information for these bands on the web.

^^ Also comes with a handy pouch for carrying them in and keeping them tidy / protected.

^^ Don't forget there are several types of exercises you can do, for different parts of the body. For every work out you do, a good rule of thumb is to let the muscle group rest for 48 hours before working the same muscle group again so muscles have time to repair and adapt after a workout.

Overall:

I'm pleased with these bands and like that the pack includes different bands for varying resistance levels from lightly stretchable to heavy-duty strength. I found these more useful for exercises where these are placed around my arms or legs as they do not stretch so far as the thicker and larger bands, so I do like these for varying my routines however, some of the lighter versions will not stretch as much as the thicker types.

Don't resist any longer, and have fun with this new way of exercising! Can recommend without resistance...
Comment Comment | Permalink

2 x CrazyGadget® Large Milano Tall Planter Square Plastic Garden Flower Plant Pot Gloss Finish PURPLE
Offered by Anything 4 Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright and Cheery Planters!, 30 Aug. 2015
This pair of CrazyGadget® Large Milano Tall Planters arrived well packaged and fast. Here are the key points I thought worth mentioning:
^^ The colour choices of these planters are great. I chose purple for a real contrasting splash of colour and I am very happy that I did. They are bright, smooth and shiny, not to mention colourful. They really stand out and make a unique feature in my garden.
^^ Although plastic, they are fairly sturdy when filled with compost.
^^ They do need holes in the bottom, which I did heating up a skewer and poking them through. Hold these with an oven glove if you do this, or alternatively hand drill some holes through the bottom.
Overall:
I will be looking for some more like these, maybe in a different colour. I enjoy looking at these sitting on my patio, they really cheer the garden up. Can thoroughly recommend.

Pair of Golden Cypress Trees 70cm tall
Pair of Golden Cypress Trees 70cm tall
Offered by YouGarden

5.0 out of 5 stars All Year Round Evergreen!, 30 Aug. 2015
This pair of Golden Cypress Trees were supplied as promised, 70 cm tall in great condition. Here is what I thought:
Key points:
^^ The packaging was very good, and they were not damaged in transit. A lot of care had been taken to wrap these up professionally. The root balls were wrapped in plastic keeping them moist and as watered as possible whilst travelling.
^^ Supplied as a pair of plants in 3L pots.
^^ The bright, yellow / lime foliage is just what I wanted outside my front porch and I am very happy with them. Since they are evergreen there is now some beautiful greenery in my front garden all year round.
^^ When I planted them up I put them in two separate stone pots that were twice the size of the pots they arrived in, and they took very well.
Overall:
I am extremely pleased with these plants and so glad I took the plunge and ordered them online, since this is not something I would usually do where plants are concerned because I was not sure what condition they would arrive in. I need not have worried and can easily recommend both the product and the company.

1byone Magic Music Plasma Ball Fantastic Lighting ball play USB Power plug and follow music rhythm,mysterious flash lamp with mini wireless portable bluetooth speaker,apply for indoor, home, office,party,christmas,halloween,etc. (Red)
Offered by 1Byone Products Inc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky Plasma Ball Speaker by 1byone, 30 Aug. 2015
The 1byone Magic Music Plasma Ball Fantastic Flashing/Lightning ball mysterious flash lamp and mini wireless portable bluetooth speaker and Sound Responsive Light Show in Red was sent to me as a sample for test and evaluation purposes in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. Here is what I thought:

^^ It is easy to set up. I just powered it up via the USB port in my laptop, however, it does come with a powered USB plug, too.
^^ It lights up and follows your fingertips around when you touch the ball, which reminds me of the larger types we used to get in physics lessons at school, only they used to make your hair stand on end. By the way these do not pass an electric current through your body!
^^ The 1byone plasma ball can be put permanently on like a light. Although, it is recommended that the length maximum power on use should be limited to 5 hours to prevent overheating.
^^ It can also act as a speaker and flash in time to the music, which is connected by Bluetooth.
^^ Comes with: 1 x 3.5mm Audio Cable, 1 x Mini USB Cable and 1 x user Manual.

Overall:

This is a quirky, fun plasma ball that looks super cool in the dark making an unusual and unique lightning display, which got everyone talking. I also enjoy watching this as it sits on my home office desk in the evenings. Love it.

BOHEM Gold Jewellery Nail Art Atlas Geoid, Medium
BOHEM Gold Jewellery Nail Art Atlas Geoid, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Gold Finger!, 28 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the third opportunity to try BOHEM branded silver jewellery out and because I liked my last choices I was pleased to try a new style. This range is from their new spring / summer collection. Here is what I thought:
^^ This solid 925 sterling silver nail, which goes over natural nails is very stylish. Yes, I know it says silver but it is acutally solid silver and 24 ct gold plated.
^^ The detail is amazing. This is just the sort of thing I like and with many other styles available I can see myself trying lots of different patterns for different looks.
^^ Theses nails can be stuck on with normal nail glue but it is also recommened to us the BOHEM adhesive tabs (which are strangely not supplied). This is a web address on the back of the card this comes attached to for more help.
^^ With glue, they stick very well as normal false nails do and last just as long. I haven't tried the pads. I now have one spotlight featured nail on each hand, for a more balanced out look. However, I do feel that just the one can give more impact in many ways.
^^ I would like to get more of these as I am quite partial to the way they look and I can really get creative with them.
^^ Finally, for someone whose nails never grow very long, this size is great as they are a short length that do not look out of place of my shorties.

Overall:

I find just sticking a nail on with no other thought, looks a bit odd, however, when used alongside other nice nails of similar length with matching silver jewellery, nail varnish and clothes it really becomes a feminine fashionable look with a difference. I am very happy with this, and might try to source out the nail pads to see how they fare, too. Top marks from me!

BOHEM Gold Jewellery Nail Art Kimono Ichimatsu, Medium
BOHEM Gold Jewellery Nail Art Kimono Ichimatsu, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Gold Nail Cover, 28 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the second opportunity to try BOHEM branded silver jewellery out and because I like the last one, I jumped at the chance of trying this out. Here is what I thought:

^^ This solid 925 sterling silver nail is really is quite elegant looking.
^^ The detail is great, and Iooking at what other styles they have available I can see there are many different choices in length, sizes and patterns to create an individual look with a difference.

Rosewood Boredom Breaker Edible Play Shack, Small
Rosewood Boredom Breaker Edible Play Shack, Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Reggae Rats and their Rat Palace, 26 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an absolutely delightful play house, which I chose for my rats but I cannot upload the video here, so if you are interested please check out my link to watch it.

^^ Admittedly this is a little small for large rats, as you can see in the video, but this was a small house I was supplied. A larger size (extra large) is also available, which would have been better for them in terms of getting right inside.
^^ Still, they love it and are happily destroying the house as we speak.
^^ Because of this I am happy knowing that the house is safe for them to chew and also it is made from better ingredients than some and no wires!
^^ This product includes no artificial colours and is made with edible wood, vegetable extracts and alfalfa.
^^ Even the "wood" is edible!
^^ This is great for keeping their teeth filed down, whilst amusing them at the same time.

Overall:

If my rats are happy so am I! They love this and I am glad it is a safe toy I can leave in their cage to relieve the boredom when they are left alone. Rats are such social creatures they need stimulating toys like this to keep the boredom at bay! Top marks from me (and my ratties!)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20