Profile for Newton > Reviews

Content by Newton
Top Reviewer Ranking: 583

Newton "Sassy Brit" (Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Rexel A4 50 Pocket Clearview Display Books - Black (3 Pack)
Rexel A4 50 Pocket Clearview Display Books - Black (3 Pack)

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality and Professionalism in a Box, 27 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First thoughts are - wow, these are expensive, but when you get them open and handle them you realise they are much better quality than expected. I mean, they should be for this price right?
There are several good points I can raise about these:

^^ They have 50 pockets, that's one hundred pages you can display.
^^ The pockets are strong and can hold small booklets, brochures, magazines.
^^ The pockets are really clear and see through and not cheaply made
^^ Each book comes in it's own protective case, so your work is protected and looks good on a shelf.
^^ The protective case also provides a quality look and therefore would make a work presentation, or CV related package look very professional.
^^ The front of each folder can also be used to display a front page and is easily customisable to suit your purpose.
^^ The inside of each cover also provides space to house your business card, a CD/DVD and strangely a floppy disk holder? Maybe they aren't as out of date as I thought?

I can't see any cons to these at all, unless you count the floppy disk holders for non-existent floppy disks? However, even that space can be used up by something else.

All in all I am very happy with this and can think of all sorts of possibilities for these folders. Top marks from me!

Microsoft Lumia 640 5-Inch SIM-Free Smartphone - Black
Microsoft Lumia 640 5-Inch SIM-Free Smartphone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Sim Free Lumia 5 incher, 24 May 2015
The Microsoft Lumia 640 5-Inch SIM-Free Smartphone - Black
===========================================================

This is the first Smartphone I have owned, and I have a BlackBerry which I love for all its tools, size and calculator type keypad, so this is a big step up for me into the world of Windows phone. Luckily, my husband also has an older version of this Lumia, so I can compare it for the purpose of this review.

What's Exciting?
================

This includes the Lumia Denim software update that is available across the entire range of Lumia smartphones running Windows Phone 8.1. It has a personal digital assistant called Cortana that can be opened just by speaking to her and she can find just about anything you ask her for help with by voice. It's a pretty cool feature.

Live Folders
========

The live folders are even better, fully customisable. I love how you can pin anything to this screen so you have it easy to reach by a tap of your screen. For example I have Facebook, my FitBit desktop and Amazon on mine, so pick out just a few.

Large Screen
=========

The Lumia 640 LTE 5 inch screen size is nice and large. In many ways it feels too big, when I am used to a BlackBerry, which just fits nicely in my clothes pockets, but at the same time the bigger screen is much better for surfing the net and checking out Facebook, so I am guessing I will get used to this seemingly 'massive' size and the feeling that it's not so rebust as my BlackBerry. Don't get me wrong, I do love the large screen that has an iPod look, but it does feel rather delicate and I would hate to drop it on my kitchen floor tiles before I've found a suitable cover!

The screen is hi-definition (720p) with bright colour reproduction and good performance in outdoor and high-light situations.

Camera Action
==========

The 8 MP camera is surprisingly good, and I do love the Story teller living images that add motion to your photos making them move a few seconds when you first look at them. It's extremely surreal and very 'Harry Potter' like to see your photos move in such a magical way. Everyone I've shown this to is rather impressed and I do think it's pretty cool the way it makes my photos come to life.

It's now easier to take selfies with a front and back camera and selfie app included. The front camera is HD 0.9 MP wide angel with LED flash. There is a lot of extra Lumia apps like Lumia Moments and the Beamer which works like a projector to show your phone's screen on another screen.

Additional Specs
===========

It has 1 gb of RAM. The processor type is a Quad-core 1.2 GHz with a maximum talk time (3G) of 17.5 hours and a standby time of 36 days. The memory comes with 8 gb in built, plus there is always the option of having extra storage space with a SD card, bought separately, up to 128 gb so you will never have to worry about filling the phone up with photos, videos and music - well not for a long time. You also get free cloud storage up to 30 gb, too.

What's in the box?
============

Everything you need to get started.

* Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE
* Product user guide
* Battery
* Charger

Review Summary
===========

It's a great phone for the money. It may have a few less apps than the iOS versions but everything you need is available, plus lots of 3rd party apps. I am throughly enjoying using this phone and it has been a very pleasant experience. It comes with everything you need to get it up and running and it's easy to get started with it and connected to your Office and Outlook in order to keep everything together in once space, syncing nicely with your Windows office, home computer or laptop. Yes the bigger device size will take me a lot of getting used to, but it's much better for ease of access to the Internet and staying in touch with friends via Facebook and messaging, so I extremely happy with this Window's phone and can recommend it whole heartedly.

Ink Jet Remanufactured Ink Cartridge Replacement for Canon - 510 Black
Ink Jet Remanufactured Ink Cartridge Replacement for Canon - 510 Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Ink Jet Re-Manufactured 'Green' Replacement for Canon 510 Black, 24 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This ink Jet re-manufactured cartridge is a replacement for the Canon 510 Black cartridge, which fits my MP495 Pixma printer perfectly. The quality of the printing ink seems just as good as the real thing, and I had no issues with my computer and printer not recognising this cartridge as I have in the past with other Canon 'copies'. However, I do have to say that despite everything this has going for it, the price is rather high on Amazon for a replacement of the official Canon version. Usually these re-manufactured cartridges are a look cheaper than the genuine articles, but not in this case.

I found the cartridge easy to get out and install and I am all for the green recycling aspect of this product, but would like to see the price reduced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Philips HR1867/21 Viva Collection Quick Clean Juicer, 2 Litre, 700 Watt - Brushed Aluminium, 12 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Philips Viva juicer arrived all ready to go, it was literally a matter of grabbing the ingredients, plugging it in and switching on. The XL feeding tube means it will take whole fruit (like apples and carrots), without having to chop them up first. Of course you should peel things like carrots first, but even so, not having to cut up the fruit and vegetables as much does help reduce the preparation time. A bonus for me.

This makes 2 litres of juice, and as the blade spins around it pours the juice into a jug (provided) and holds the pulp in a separate area, so you really only get the juice needed and not a gloopy mess. This is what makes a juicer different to a liquidiser - a juicer is able to remove all the bits you don't want to eat, (for example apple stalks, pips and orange skins) to provide you with just the liquid to drink, whereas, a liquidiser just grinds everything down by a small blade, and cannot cope with whole fruit, needless to say in order to avoid things like apple cores and stalks lots of pre-preparation chopping is first required with a liquidiser.

When finished with the juicer I was pleased to see it comes apart fairly easily for cleaning. I've not had a Philips juicer before, but the one I did have was old and a right pain to separate and clean. This still pulls apart in much the same way, but the design inside (where all the mess collects) has been well thought through and I found it was indeed quicker and easier to clean.

Overall using the Philips HR4867/21 Viva was a joy for me as it was so easy to get the hang of, without even reading the instructions and also relatively quick to clean considering there are separate pieces to clean after each use. One thing I do, to help cut down on the cleaning time is to have a washing up bowl of hot water on standby when using this, so I can pop the pieces straight in once I chucked away the pulp, hence making cleaning ever easier. There is nothing worse than food that has dried on and stuck fast to kitchen appliances of this kind.

The brushed aluminium Viva also looks much more modern than my old juicer, and is far more powerful. Apparently the HR4867/21 is a step up from the previous Viva version, but as this is my first time with a Philips model, I cannot attest to know what the differences are. What I can vouch for is how very pleased I am with this model and I never want to go back to my old juicer. Ever.

Osomount 360 Flex Universal In-Car Dashboard Windscreen Mount Holder for Smartphones
Offered by Zero 50 Retail Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Universal In Car Mount, 10 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Osomount 360 Grip Universal in Car Mount Holder makes a great addition to my car. It can be easily mounted with a suction clamp type feature to keep it firmly in place. However, it also comes with a 3mm circular sticky pad that you can place on underneath the holder and stick directly to the dashboard, for ultra stickiness to prevent it falling off. I have never had any trouble with this coming off, it appears to stuck down hard and fast. I use this for everything as it stretches to fit both my mobile and satnav. I find it extremely useful and wouldn't want to be without one now.

Lenor Unstoppables In-Wash Scent Booster Beads Fresh 275 g (Pack of 6)
Lenor Unstoppables In-Wash Scent Booster Beads Fresh 275 g (Pack of 6)

4.0 out of 5 stars Unstoppable Booster Beads, 10 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was supplied one of these Lenor Unstoppables In-Wash Scent Booster Beads in "Fresh" fragrance for reviewing purposes. They really are very easy to use, just throw some into the cap, a little or a lot depending on how strong you want the fragrance, and then these go straight into the drum on top of the washing.

When finished I found it to be a lovely fresh smell and it is very noticeable so I can vouch it definitely works as it is meant to. I find I do not need to use that much for a fairly strong fragrance and a whole tub of these scent booster beads is lasting a long while. Of course your own personal mileage will depend on your own usage. On the downside, I feel these are too expensive for what they are.

Neato Robotics XV Signature Robot Vacuum, Black
Neato Robotics XV Signature Robot Vacuum, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Roving Robot - Vacuum Cleaner, 10 May 2015
This is the first robotic vacuum cleaner I have tried and I was reluctant to spend the money on what could have been just another pointless gadget. But I am so pleased with it.

I was so excited when it arrived and then felt like an impatient kid when I realised I couldn't use it straight away, as it needs 13 hours to fully charge before first use.

Once ready, I set her on the floor, switched her on and watched her go. It was like bringing a new kitten into the family watching her explore our home for the first time! Only this one picks up the mess, not makes it...

I found the Neato worked very well. The removable dirt box that collects the dust and dirt holds a surprisingly large amount considering its smallish size. I have to say I am quite impressed and it does clean the floor very thoroughly.

I love that I can set her to start work while I am out of the house and come back to a freshly hoovered floor. Works just as well going from the carpet to the kitchen tiles, and also is very clever in recognising the edges (like the top of the stairs) and manages to somehow stay put and not fall down the stairs. It also comes with some metal strips you can place in areas you do not want hoovered, should you need it.

Overall the delivery and usage for me has been a very pleasant experience and I am extremely happy with this purchase. Yes it's gimmicky but it also works very well.

Tetra Goldfish Gold Japan Premium Food for Fancy Goldfish 145g 145g
Tetra Goldfish Gold Japan Premium Food for Fancy Goldfish 145g 145g
Offered by Acres Aquatics

5.0 out of 5 stars Fishy Food, 10 May 2015
My fish love these and I do too, as they do not make the fish tank so messy therefore keep down the algae and the need for cleaning out to a mimimum. My fish are very colourful and are always waiting for their food first thing in the mornings when I come down and make a cup of tea. Who said fish don't have very good memories?

Very good value for money as it is a large tub for this price.

New Look Women's Lead In Bootcut Jeans, Blue Pattern, W28/L32 (Manufacturer Size:12)

5.0 out of 5 stars making them extremely comfortable and fit for wearing every day, 10 May 2015
Dark blue bootcut jeans from New Look, fit very well, making them extremely comfortable and fit for wearing every day. I am lucky enough to be able to wear jeans for work, so I've bought a second pair since as I love them so much. The design is just right for someone my height, 5 ft 2" and the flare at the bottom is noticable, but not too flared, which I like as it keeps their shape nice and balanced for my figure size.

Caspari Entertaining with Caspari Daffodil Hill Paper Cocktail Napkins, Pack of 20

4.0 out of 5 stars Dafofil Designs, 10 May 2015
A beautiful daffodil design for cocktail napkins, which come in a pack of 20. Cocktail napkins are smaller than the standard size, yet they are triple-ply layered, making them extremely fit for their purpose. Gorgeous napkins that shout out spring is here and summer is on it's way. Hurrah!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20