Profile for Mrs. T. Newton > Reviews

Content by Mrs. T. Newton
Top Reviewer Ranking: 627

Mrs. T. Newton "Sassy Brit" (UK)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Ultrasport Classic Landing Net
Ultrasport Classic Landing Net
Price: 19.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Netting a Beauty, 17 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Ultrasport Classic Landing Net is a good design that remains in one piece and folds neatly away into a carry bag. Quick and easy to get out in an emergency as it springs open very smoothly. The net itself is a good size that would cover most fishing situations. Much larger than I expected, to be honest. Only niggle is the stitching at end of carry bag has come apart after one trip.

HMDX HX-HP610WT JAM Fusion Wireless Stereo Headphones - White
HMDX HX-HP610WT JAM Fusion Wireless Stereo Headphones - White
Offered by SmartgearUKLtd
Price: 32.95

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm Jamming!, 17 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The HMDX Fusion Headphones are wireless, so it makes it really easy for me to use them in the car since my old banger only has a radio and cassette tape, which usually makes driving to and from work a bit of a bore. Not any more though, with these fancy headphones.

I find them easy to use with my iPod, just connect and away you go. The controls for the headphones are on the right. This did take a bit of getting use to, if I am honest, as you have to feel your way around whilst driving - but once I got the hang of where the controls were - with a bit of practice - I became a pro. And with the built in microphone I can even make phone calls and share music wirelessly with colleagues and friends.

They say you get 6 hours wireless play, but I feel it is less. Maybe more like 4, before the sound gets quieter. However, this is not a problem for me, my car journeys are never that long and I (more than often) find myself at a destination where I can charge up the headphones for the return journey, should I need to. Charger not needed - just a lead that plugs in to the headphones where the other end is a USB.

Cool and trendy looking. Comfortable on the ears and very handy - folds down to fit into smaller spaces - like my overcrowded handbag or glove compartment. Sound quality is good too. No serious complaints. Comes recommended by me. I'm jamming along now...

Rio Quick Waxer
Rio Quick Waxer
Price: 26.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Wax On. Wax Off., 26 Jun 2014
This review is from: Rio Quick Waxer (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Rio Quick Waxer seems like a mini version of the saloon hot waxer (the type you get professionally done) and works very well. It is recommended for use on underarms, upper lip, eyebrows, bikini like, legs, and forearms. To be honest, with practice you can wax larger areas like your whole legs, but it's a bit tricky at first. I found it much easier to do small areas to start with, while I got used to how it worked.

I do like the fact that you do not need to buy paper strips!

This set comes with hard blocks of wax, which you melt in the pot and some wooden spatulars to apply the hot wax with. Once it's on your skin it cools and turns hard very quickly - enabling grippage to yank it off, pulling the hairs out as you go. Yes, it can hurt at first, but just like having a baby, you soon get used to the pain and forget about it.

Until the next time.

Woofy Birthday (Animated) - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate
Woofy Birthday (Animated) - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate
Price: 30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My Dad Loved It, 19 Jun 2014
He's got a Kindle and just starting to get the hang of it all, so when I sent him this it both surprised and pleased him! He couldn't stop laughing at the funny dogs video, and it really made his birthday. Quite honestly, I think he enjoyed it just as much as the actual money I sent.

It was easy to fill in the details and send to him, and just as easy for my dad to receive by email and open up.

If my dad can do this, anyone can!

Well worth the smile on my dad's face when he opened it.

Ultrasport Men's T-Shirt V-Neck  - Black, XX-Large
Ultrasport Men's T-Shirt V-Neck - Black, XX-Large
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool, Beathable V Neck, 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my husband and he is very pleased with it. The T-shirt has a comfortable fit and since it is made of 95% cotton and 5% spandex, it's very breathable. In addition it washes well and doesn't have to be ironed, which keeps me happy, too.

I also like the V-neck shape, as this is a much better and flattering style for the (shall we say) larger man who wears size XX-Large. I will be buying more of these!

Philips Lumea Essential SC1991/00 IPL Hair Removal System
Philips Lumea Essential SC1991/00 IPL Hair Removal System
Price: 287.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful! Give it a try. What have you got to lose, apart from some hair?, 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Philips Lumea Essential SC1991/00 IPL Hair Removal System is a new-to-me way of preventing hair growth with lasting effects. I am amazed at how this works, using safe 'Intense Pulsed Light technology' (IPL) that are basically gentle pulses of light which work deep down to prevent hair regrowth. In between treatments, hairs sheds naturally and regrowth is inhibited. Plus the Lumea is easy to use and is simply plugged in and ready to go. For use on pre-shaven arms, legs, underarms, and the bikini line area. With 5 levels of intensity.

They say 'painless' and although it is, I tried it on the highest intensity to test it, and this was fine, although it did have a slight 'sting' to it, when used in the more sensitive, delicate areas. So you can easily change these settings if needed.

You do need to read up on the instructions though, as there is a chart for the suitable hair colour and skin tones, and some people with darker skins or extremely pale with white or grey hairs will find that this product is not safe for their skin tone and hair type. So do check first to avoid disappointment.

Just plug in, hold against your skin and wait for the green blinking light to go still and then press the flash button and move on to the next part of your body. It is recommended to use every two weeks for the initial 4-5 treatments and then whenever needed later on. I can already see results and I am pretty impressed with it.

What's more, you get what you pay for, and there are no hidden extras, or replacements you need. So no further expense. Which, is normally a pet peeve of mine, buying a product you then have to fork out more, for all the extras. Not in this case.

Wonderful! Give it a try. What have you got to lose, apart from some hair?

Ricoh WG-20 Waterproof Digital Camera - Black (14MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD
Price: 129.00

4.0 out of 5 stars For Adventurous and Possibly Clumsy Types!, 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Ricoh WG20 is fully waterproof, and I tested this, reluctantly, by putting it into my fish tank! Thankfully it is still working and has suffered no ill effects because of this. Yes, I know it is designed this way, but I am just not used to sticking such an expensive camera into water and expecting it to work again. But it does.

I'm not sure it outperforms ordinary didgital cameras in a normal camera 'picture taking' way, but this is rather handy to take out with you without fear of breakage, since it has been tried and tested to stand being dropped, squashed under pressure, and being left in under demanding outdoor conditions, as well as waterproof to a depth of 10 meters. These facts made me worry less about taking it out and about with me. Where as most cameras I'd have to be so careful with, there'd be some times when I'd rather just not use them for fear of them getting knocked, dropped and smashed. Just not the case with this one. For that reason it's got a sporty look about it, and looks more practical for adventurous types who want to take their cameras on all sorts of expeditions without fear of breaking it all the time.

The quality of the photos may not be 'amazing' but it does the job and gives me peace of mind, as its toughness can cope with all sorts of conditions and my clumsiness!

Ambi Toys Lock-a-Block
Ambi Toys Lock-a-Block
Price: 12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars For Curious Minds, 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Ambit Toys Lock-a-Block is a great idea for toddlers to learn matching shapes, colours and the concept of fitting the right shape into the right holes. It comes with two sets of three-dimensional sorting shapes and the whole thing is plastic, so easily cleaned.

There is a key attached to the box to encourage little fingers to grasp and turn, not so easy for younger todllers but they do learn by watching grown ups do it and repitively trying themselves. All kids love to 'lock things away' and hide things, when they can. And when the key is turned it makes an encouraging noise.

For curious minds.

Galt Dr Miriam Smiley Sun Mirror
Galt Dr Miriam Smiley Sun Mirror
Price: 14.67

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Bright and Safe, 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Developed by Dr Miriam Stoppard, the UK parenting expert, the Galt Smiley Sun Mirror is a great way to teach your baby the concept of self, and is easily attached to a cot, or can be placed on the floor. The strange, but wonderful thing about this, is that it can also be put into the washing machine to clean, despite the 'mirror', which is a plastic baby mirror and very safe.

The whole product is very bright and has lots of touchy, feely, materials and textures and a crinkly paper sound, too. It is smaller than I expected, but for a young baby just grasping and reaching out, that is probably a good thing it's small and light to explore. Also comes with tips (for the parents!) on how to play with this toy to get the most out of it.

This is a 'toy' that is not going to get immediate 'results', as such, but studies do show looking at oneself in the mirror from an early age, does aid development and self-awareness, which can only be a good thing in the long run.

Over Door Handbag Hanger
Over Door Handbag Hanger
Offered by Home Storage World
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Space Saving Gadget, 18 May 2014
This review is from: Over Door Handbag Hanger
Strangely it works quite well, by hooking the hooks over the top and bottom of a door I can now add my 'many' bags to the plastic hooks on the thick elastic. I have to say many of my bags are bigger than those shown in this example, so they don't look quite as neat and tidy as pictured, however, it's not really a problem as the bags are hidden away on the inside door of a cupboard, and for a normal size door there is room for another row of bags, too, saving lots of space.

I have to say, until I started gathering my bags to hang up, I never really knew quite how many I had. Luckily they are hidden away from my husband's eyes... neat little trick for buying more!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20