Profile for Newton > Reviews

Content by Newton
Top Reviewer Ranking: 583

Newton "Sassy Brit" (Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
AVANTEK DT41 Portable Wireless Doorbell Kit, 36 Chime Tones, 1000 ft / 300 m Range [1 Touch Button Operated Transmitter & 1 Plug-In Door Chime]
Offered by Avantek UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A Chime of the Times!, 20 Feb. 2015

The AVANTEK DT41 Portable Wireless Doorbell Kit, is a sleek, modern looking doorbell, operated by a one touch button transmitter. Just press it lightly and it works. No need to push hard like some doorbells.

The door chime is also pretty cool looking, with a choice of 36 chimes to choose from. When I first heard the chimes I was actually impressed and taken back with the sound quality. The tunes were very much like musical ring tones found on phones, and less like the usual doorbell tunes which are normally quite basic. Both the door chime and transmitter are shiny black in appearance and look very smart.

The kit comes paired already and has a 300m range and just needs to be plugged into a power socket to get going. Yes, it really is that easy to get up and running and use!

Now I have no excuse to hide from cold callers!

Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running & Gym/exercise Bluetooth Earbuds Headphones Headsets W/microphone for Iphone 5s 5c 4s 4, Ipad 2 3 4 New Ipad, Ipod, Android, Samsung Galaxy, Smart Phones Bluetooth Devices (QY7, black/green)
Offered by SOUNDSOUL Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Soundpeats, Sound Beats!, 20 Feb. 2015

The other day I nearly strangled myself when my old wired headphones got caught on the back of the door as I was passing through. For a split second I thought I was going to be up there with the stars in the top 100 weirdest ways to die list. Fortunately, I was able to untangle myself and live to review another day, which is why I am so glad that companies like SoundPeats supply wireless Bluetooth headsets that remove the need for wires and the danger for the accident prone, too.

These are currently one of my favourite headphones to wear when exercising, and I've been lucky enough to review lots in my search for headphones that work well and last. They are lightweight, easy to charge via USB and once charged they seem to last for ages before they need recharging again. They also connect easily and stay connected very well, too.

Once I changed the earbuds to the small versions, were very comfortable to wear indeed and stay in without the plastic ear hooks, which incidentally is just as well as I removed these, not being able to get them over my ears. And I haven't got huge ears!

The sound is very good, and apparently they have a state of the art Bluetooth version V4.1. and the best chip of CSR 8645(APTX) in them. Which presumably is why!

Mine is the bright yellow/green version and I like that as they do stand out from the rest.

All in all I think these are very good and they exceeded my expectations.

Best Skipping Jump Rope for Endurance Training and Fat Burning - Orange - Easy Adjustable -More Intense Workout than Exercise Weights or Jogging - Add to your Speed and Agility Training Kit - Burns More Calories than Exercise Treadmills or Step Machines - Great for Crossfit Training
Offered by RDE Products

5.0 out of 5 stars That Burning (Calories) Feeling!, 20 Feb. 2015

I have the "Best Skipping Jump Rope" in bright orange and the colour is much brighter than the picture. The rope is a pleasure to use and I use the term rope loosely, as the rope is actually a sturdy nylon that is more like a firm smooth plastic. You would half expect it to not weigh right, and fly around in the wind (assuming you use this outdoors) but I didn't have trouble with this at all. The skipping rope is comfortable to hold as it has soft sponge grips to hold on to. I think they make a brilliant addition to my sports equipment and love using them.

Apparently, jumping rope burns up to 400 calories per 30 mins. Having heard that I believe this has got to be great as a workout tool. Not only will it increase my fitness and stamina but it should improve my energy levels whilst hopefully playing a large role in my weight loss, too.

I can't think of an easier, or more fun way, of loosing weight!

Natural Colon Cleanse Formula - Increase Energy and Vitality - Improve Weight Loss Results - One of the Best Dietary Fiber Digestive Nutritional Supplements Available - Highly Effective Detox and Cleanse Weight Loss Product - 100% Pure and Natural Ingredients
Offered by RDE Products

5.0 out of 5 stars No Colonic Irritation!, 20 Feb. 2015

I am no stranger to health tablets like these and actively seek them out to try various brands for all kinds of ailments, increased vitality, or simply just to give my immune system a boost, when needed, since I do have a lower white blood cell count than many.

I have tried a few colon cleanse products and found the way they work range from very mild to harsh and extreme. The latter being with stomach cramps and an inability to get off the toilet. Not really my sort of thing!

With these however, I found they were much more gentle, and although they did not work instantly, I found them to have a loosening effect over time, much milder and more convenient. I think this is because they are a natural herbal formula. In the bottle they also smell rather strong of clove, which is lovely. All 100% natural with a gelatine coating on the capsules. No side effects either.

I found these great for when changing my diet, like when I went on a 10 day smoothie cleanse, or useful for when I feel I need to get rid of the toxins that build up in my body after I've been treating it quite badly through overindulging!

Also good for increasing energy and in helping to lose weight alongside a balanced diet.

It is recommended to take 1 - 2 capsules at night, start small and increase the dose if needed.

In addition these are made in the UK and GMO free, too. All good signs that the company has given this product a lot of thought.

Don't forget to always read the label and if in doubt check with your doctor, too.

AquaAudio™ Cubo - Waterproof Bluetooth Wireless Speaker with Strong Suction Cup for Showers, Bathroom, Pool, Boat, Car, Beach, Outdoor etc. / Optimized Buttons for Easy Control / Amazingly Powerful & Crystal Clear Sound / Compatible with All Devices with Bluetooth Capability + Siri Compatible - 10 hours Playtime Rechargeable Battery / with Built-in Mic for use as a Powerful Hands-free Speakerphone [100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - WE GUARANTEE YOU WILL LOVE IT!] (Silver)
Offered by Gideon Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome to my WaterWorld., 20 Feb. 2015
I remember the days when I used to wire up my bedroom record player to massive and quite heavy speakers with several metres of wire attached in order to pick both of them up and carry them to the bathroom just so I can listen to my music in the bath. Yes, we made the best of everything in those wonderfully harsh, technology free, dark ages.

Of course, these days life is not so hard, but with all the gadgets available that make listening to music anywhere a breeze, they all fail to do one thing - still work when dropped in water.

Imagine my gloom when I sat in the bath with my iPod propped up over the other side of the bathroom (because I know it would truly be the end of the world if it got wet and I had to live without it). Imagine, also, if you will, the look on my miserable face because I am unable to fast forward through tracks I wish I hadn't left on my play-list and now I am being forced to listen to them because I can't reach my iPod and even if I could I can't touch it with wet hands! Anyway, there I am shrivelling up like a wrinkly prune thinking "there must be an easier way", and then I stumble across this - a wireless bluetooth speaker that does more than speak to me, it is waterproof, no less!

I would have danced for joy, had I not finally got out of the bath busily wiping the condensation off my iPod with trembling, damp hands.

The AquaAudio(tm) Cubo makes life so much easier. For a start it doesn't mind getting a little wet. I have dropped it in the water and it has survived, but I wouldn't go as far as submersing it underwater just to see if it breaks it, as I love it so much and don't want to be without it. Unless, of course I buy another one - just in case.

It handles wet fingers well, so the buttons can be touched while in the bath and unlike other gadgets you don't need to dry your hands in order to do so first.

Connecting to my iPod is easy (via Bluetooth) and I can happily leave my iPod in my bedroom, not that close to the bathroom and still get a good reception, with no cutting out.

I also connected this to my mobile which was also easy to do, and worked well, but I rarely use it to answer calls as I much prefer it left at home in the bathroom for my music. I don't want to be interrupted by the phone when I am in the bath!

It's easy to charge via USB and once charged seems to last forever.

The sound is actually quite loud and does not distort.

I was pleasantly surprised with this (it actually works, and does so very well) and that makes me extremely happy!

There a slight problem with the suction cup at the back, it did come unstuck a couple of times, however much I clean the walls of which I stick it to. So now I stand it by the bath and when in use stick it down on the bath beside me. This actually give me a better, closer sound and it easier for me to navigate the controls with one hand while I am soaping myself up in the bath with the other.

Despite this, I still feel it warrants all five stars! To safely listen to my music makes me very happy indeed (and clean!) .

Ah! What's that I hear?

The sound of true bliss...

At this rate I may never come out of the bathroom again!

Disclosure: I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation purposes in return for an honest and unbiased review. Maybe I should have given this 4 stars because of the suction issue, but I am truly happy with being able to listen to my music in the bath. Can't you tell?

Kevin Costner would have loved one of these to slap on his raft in Waterworld.

by Richard Newton

5.0 out of 5 stars Think Big, Bold and Your Dreams Will Follow Just as Big and Bold, 20 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
From the author. Richard Newton, who wrote the #1 bestselling "Stop Talking, Start Doing" comes this, "The Little Book of Thinking Big: Aim Higher and Go Further Than You Ever Thought Possible

Well, first I must say Richard Newton has a great name and I cannot help but wonder if we are (somewhere down the line) related, since a lot of this book I could relate to and we share the same surname of course!

I love self help psychology books like these. Much of it had the air of Brian Tracy books packed with loads of inspiring information with additional (and very refreshing) drawings to help put some of the major points across. This gave it a fun, pop psychology slant. It also proves the author's point how thinking big can encourage us to take bigger, bolder steps in life to achieve so much more than we realise by training our minds to become more focused and dedicated to thinking so much bigger than we can ever dream of.

I loved this book! It's now dog-eared and a total wreck, but is carried around with me everywhere, so I can pick it up for a quick reminder or a burst of inspiration when needed!

Zoggs Kids George Pig Surf Rider Inflatable Body Board - Blue, 2-6 Years
Zoggs Kids George Pig Surf Rider Inflatable Body Board - Blue, 2-6 Years

5.0 out of 5 stars Could this be the beginning of your kid's love for surfing the water?, 20 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Zoggs Kids George Pig Surf Rider Inflatable Body Board - Blue, 2-6 Years is fantastic! Once it is blown up the board is a decent size and comes with a see through panel and hand grips for extra fun (and has that good safety element to it, too). I wish I had stuff like this when I was 2 - 6 years of age. Though thinking about it, I did have a rubber ring, which could be used in a similar way, but instead of laying on it with my bum hanging out underneath, with this I could have attempted to use it more to ride the waves.

And what kid can't refuse the charms of George Pig on this brightly coloured, inflatable surf rider?

I think it's great! In addition to all this childish fun, it does have some very important features like dual air chambers to make it safer. It's also made from durable plastic called VyluxTM and has the look and quality of a safe and well thought out water-sports product, as well as being an absolute scream for your little ones to enjoy.

Top marks from me and my mini testers!

Avojo Black Peel Off Mask Set of 4 Sachets (10ml each)
Avojo Black Peel Off Mask Set of 4 Sachets (10ml each)
Offered by Instant Beauty Fix

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Gimp!, 20 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Avojo Black Peel Off Mask Set of 4 Sachets (10ml each) is weirdly strange thick black goopy stuff, and I found that it was easier to handle the second time around when only half the packet is used on the T-Zone of my face.

The first time I used this it was in the bath, so although very messy it didn't matter so much. It took a while to harden and I think that was partly due to the humidity in the bathroom, but I didn't want this on my clothes as I was not sure if it would stain.

When smothered all over with this, I looked very funny. Kind of like that gimp out of that Bruce Willis film. I had a true rubber thing going on. It frightened the life out of my husband. And then sent him into hysterics.

What I couldn't get off easily was eventually washed and scrubbed off in the bath.

When it was all removed I have to admit my skin felt gorgeously soft and I do believe it was worth using this product to get such a wonderful feeling afterwards.

Testing this was a bit of a roller-coaster ride. There were moments of horrifying anticipation as I worked my way up to darker stages of blackness and thought I might just stay this way for good. Fits of laughter (from my husband) and feelings of "don't look at me, I'm a monster!" Then there was the thrill as I sailed back down that massive hurdle with the wind whizzing through my hair, having removed it all to discover the softness of my skin underneath.

Honestly, the things we do in the name of vanity. I mean, beauty.

BHtrading Stainless Steel Cable Chain Heart Charms Bracelet for Women,Colour Silver
Offered by BE STEEL

5.0 out of 5 stars My Steel Heart Sings, 11 Feb. 2015

I wear a steel "bicycle type" chain necklace with a large heart shaped working padlock all the time. Never take it off. Can't without the key! Mainly because it's just my style and fun to wear, but also because steel does not make me come out in a rash and it also does not tarnish. So you can understand I am a huge fan of steel jewellery hence why I am delighted to review this. For me this matches my necklace being both steel and with a heart shaped charm. It's a simple chain with an easy to handle clasp, and great for the price. What you see is what you get with no added bling - exactly my style. And it fits perfectly. I've also worn it every day to test out its durability and it's stayed on, not caught on anything or tarnished. Very happy with it.

BE STEEL Jewellery Titanium Magnetic Bracelet for Women Silver Color Engraved Bangle

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnetised!, 11 Feb. 2015

This BE STEEL Magnetic Bracelet for women is made from titanium magnet, and is a classic looking link chain. Each link has a nice engraving and the inside has coloured dots making this a rather unusual, but interesting design.

It also came with a bracelet length adjuster, so I could adjust the length of the bracelet to fit me better. A handy, and quite a unique (to me) idea, since it was rather big for me at 21.5 centimetres long.

I do like this, and it's hyperallogenic, so that works for me. No nasty rashes! And I have worn it all the time since it arrived, to test that out. This bracelet is also very strong.

It also come in a nice black, velvet drawstring pouch with BE STEEL written on it. Very happy with this design, as I have always wanted to try out a magnetic bracelet that is fashionable, too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20