Profile for Sassy > Reviews

Content by Sassy
Top Reviewer Ranking: 565

Sassy "Newton Reviews" (Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Revlon Tempest Power Dryer
Revlon Tempest Power Dryer

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast Drier but Heavy., 7 Feb. 2016
I am reviewing the Revlon Tempest Power Dryer . Here are my thoughts:

^^ I am used to a really old, but trusty basic hair-dryer, with two switches; one for the heat and and and on/off button. This has much more for me to play with -- two speeds and 3 heat settings, plus a button for a cold air boost, which helps to 'set' a finished style and provide a beautiful shine.

^^ This hair-dryer comes with a few extra attachments, a 5mm ultra slim concentrator for directing the heat more precisely. It also has a hair diffuser attachment for frizz free curls and volume. Good for me as I can wear both a straight professional (for work) look or a curly (night out) look. Both worked well for me.

^^ I really like the feel of this dryer, it's soft and rubbery.

^^ The only problem for me is the weight of this dryer, it's heavier than what I am used to and that's a bit of a pain. Not too heavy to handle of course, but it's noticeably different for me - so for a better drier with more features the price I pay for that is that it is heavier.

Overall:

Despite the weight, this is a very nice drier, but the weight is something to consider when purchasing this. It has a 2000W AC ionic motor for fast drying, which is a positive plus. There is nothing like a fast working hair-drier to rely on when you are getting ready for work in the mornings.

AmazonBasics Poly Cotton Duvet Set with 1 Pillowcase, Single - Candy
AmazonBasics Poly Cotton Duvet Set with 1 Pillowcase, Single - Candy

5.0 out of 5 stars Good choice for a good price., 7 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am reviewing the AmazonBasics Poly Cotton Duvet Set, Candy, 135 x 200 cm & 1 pillowcase of 50 X 80 cm . Here are my thoughts:

^^ It washes well and doesn't need much attention when dry as it comes up pretty crease free.

^^ It is reversible, so you can have the patterned look or a solid block of colour. The underside of this is a light green.

^^ Looks nice on, and can be easily combined with other matching sheets from the AmazonBasics range. Or in fact, any other matching sheets.

Overall:

This is a decent poly cotton single duvet set for the price, making it a pleasant and affordable choice for many.

Maybelline Dream Sun Bronzing Powder with Blush Number 09, Golden Tropics 16 g
Maybelline Dream Sun Bronzing Powder with Blush Number 09, Golden Tropics 16 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Appealing Product for a Warm Summer Glow, 7 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
m reviewing Maybelline Dream Sun Bronzing Powder with Blush Number 09, Golden Tropics 16 g. Here are my thoughts:

^^ This combination of bronzing and blusher powder is a new-to-me idea, and I must say I love it. It blends well to give a natural summery look.

^^ The packaging is very pretty. It's almost a shame to use it.

^^ Compact, useful and easy to apply. Has that instant warm summery appeal. Doesn't summer seem so far away?

^^ Used lightly over the winter months, can provide a healthy glow to your skin and help chase the blues away, too.

Overall:
Maybelline Dream Sun Bronzing Powder brings a lovely summery look to the current winter weather. Of course, I would definitely use this more in the warmer months or on holiday, as it will look more natural when everyone is brown. The packing of the bronzer/ blusher is very pretty and I am happy to use this for a warm summer glow.

New 2015 A-Level Business: AQA Year 1 & AS Complete Revision & Practice
New 2015 A-Level Business: AQA Year 1 & AS Complete Revision & Practice
by CGP Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Revise Your Thinking!, 7 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am reviewing New 2015 A-Level Business: AQA Year 1 & AS Complete Revision & Practice. Here are my thoughts:

^^ This book covers every topic from Year 1 of the full A-Level course, a great way to prepare for the AQA AS-Level Business exams.

^^ Exam style questions (with the answers at the back of the book) to get you trained for answering the best way for the best results. Practice, as we know, makes perfect. Or something pretty damn close to it.

Overall:

The layout of the book is quite fun, as well as informative. Lots of realistic examination questions and examples, along with hints, tips and tricks, make this a valuable Business Studies book to have to practice and learn from. Knowledge is power!

New 2015 A-Level Business: AQA Year 1 & 2 Complete Revision & Practice
New 2015 A-Level Business: AQA Year 1 & 2 Complete Revision & Practice
by CGP Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Revision is Key!, 7 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am reviewing the chunky New 2015 A-Level Business: AQA Year 1 & 2 Complete Revision & Practice book. Here are my thoughts:

^^ This book covers everything from both years of the course.

^^ With diagrams, examples and heaps of practice questions, styled like examinations; to get you trained for answering the best way for the best results. Practice, as we know, makes perfect. Or something pretty close to it.

^^ This included the answers, so you can check you are on the right track and learn from any mistakes or omissions you have made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Mix, Large Benefit, 7 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm reviewing Bodybuilding Warehouse Premium Protein Muscle Mousse Powder Banana Caramel 500 g. Here are my thoughts:

^^ This is the first time I have tried a protein mousse and I'm quite surprised at the results. I feel it works well when taken as a snack before bed time, so I wake up feeling less drained in the morning.

^^ However, it's not all plain sailing, there is a bit of an art with how to get the mixture to set to just the right consistency; one I am happy with, that is.

Over all:

It took a little while for me to get the consistency correct. I mainly make it, and then leave it for around 30 mins to an hour, for best results. Any more than that and it takes the mousse to a completely different (inedible) level. I first made this and left it in the fridge overnight so I could have it ready to eat in the morning, but it turned into something similar to flavoured playdough. Get the mix right and Banana Caramel taste is lovely!

Elastoplast Large Blister Plaster - Pack of 10, Total 50
Elastoplast Large Blister Plaster - Pack of 10, Total 50

5.0 out of 5 stars Blister Relief!, 5 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
am reviewing the Elastoplast Large Blister Plaster pack.

^^ I was provided a pack of 5 for reviewing purposes and I found them a good shape (oval) and colour (nude) to wear under tights. That stopped the feeling that they might slip around and show through when at work. I guess, if you go bare foot a lot this will not show up so much either, but under socks no one will see them anyway.

^^ These specially designed plasters for blisters do provide effective protection, because they are waterproof and stick well. I think the oval shape also helps them to stay on longer.

^^ They are also very soothing on painful blisters, and promote faster healing which is down to the use of Elastoplast's new hydrocolloid technology, which works as an antiseptic and pain relief.

Overall:

This is a great pack to carry around around with you, especially for when you are out dancing or working all day in new shoes! I will definitely get some more for my bathroom cabinet so I can be sure to have a supply when I do need them again.

Cmyk® Solar Operated 30 LED String Light with Crystal Ball Covers, Ambiance Lighting, Great for Outdoor Use in Patio, Pathway, Garden, Indoor Use in Party, Bedroom Decor (Warm White)
Offered by AlanTan

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm colouring, Bright and Beautiful., 4 Feb. 2016
I am reviewing the Cmyk® Solar Operated 30 LED String Light with Crystal Ball Covers, (Warm White). These were sent to me as a sample for test and evaluation purposes in return for my honest and unbiased opinion.

^^ These lights are lovely, I have them hanging around a rosemary plant outside the front of my house and they look bright and cheery when i come home and see them lit up.

^^ The solar battery, is attached to a small spike so it can sit in a plant pot, or the ground, where the solar panel sits on top facing the sun. So, easy to set up and get up and running. Little effort involved - just put the panel in the light

^^ The solar powered part of these does mean that there will be days in Winter where the lights are not so bright, because the day has not had much light to charge up the 'battery'. However, having said that, there have not been that many days where they were not lit - even during the hight of winter.

^^ I also love the size of these lights, and being round balls, I find them also rather unusual.

Overall:

I am impressed with these and really pleased at how nice they look. They have a lovely warm colouring. Can easily recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Transformers!, 3 Feb. 2016
Garnier Ultimate Blends Marvellous Transformer Conditioner 400 ml - Pack of 6

I was sent one sample for reviewing purposes in return for my honest and unbiased opinion. Here are my thoughts:

^^ This Garnier Ultimate Blends Conditioner 400 ml is enriched with Argan and Camellia Oils, which I found did leave my hair clean, shiny and smooth.

^^ It has an unobtrusive, gentle smell and lathers up well.

^^ 400mls is quite a large amount, so this lasted a fair while.

^^ Works well with the other Garnier Ultimate Blends range.

^^ Comes in a nice bottle that is easy to stand up.

Overall:

I found using this conditioner to be a pleasant experience as it left my hair lovely and soft afterwards.

SlimFast Simply Vanilla Shake Powder, 438g
SlimFast Simply Vanilla Shake Powder, 438g

5.0 out of 5 stars Vanilla Nice!, 3 Feb. 2016
The SlimFast Simply Vanilla Shake Powder, 438g :

^^ I am a huge fan of SlimFast products, but like anything, they only work if you work -- at drinking these correctly, following the 3-2-1 diet.

^^ The diet is simple - Great, I hate complications! Simply think 3, 2, 1:
-three delicious SlimFast snacks or fruit & veg
-two SlimFast meal replacement products
-one balanced meal (600 calories for a female and 800 calories for a male)

^^ The trick is to stick to the diet - and this milkshake plus many other products made by SlimFast are perfect to help you with this.

^^ Unlike the ready made milkshake bottles that come in a multipack, this is just the powder and you have to mix this up yourself. It may be a little less convenient for some, but you get a lot more for your money. So putting the extra effort (and it's really no effort at all) to mix the powder with milk yourself, is worth it in the long run to save you money.

^^ SlimFast also have a very good motivational website to help support you and your weight loss goals. Check it out!

^^ In addition it is scientifically proven to really work. Read the motivational real life stories on the website and be inspired. It all helps to maintain your focus, as diets are so easy to fall in and out of - I found the website very helpful.

^^ I have also reviewed the SlimFast box - a weight loss plan starter kit, which I also thought was spectacular. It works, but you have to work it, too. And do exercise!

^^ The SlimFast weight loss plan is designed to deliver a total intake of approximately 1,400 calories a day for women and 1,600 calories a day for men. This creates a weekly energy shortfall that should result in 1 to 2 pounds of weight loss a week.

Overall:

I'm no stranger to SlimFast products and love all flavours. This works as a diet if you work at not eating anything else that is wrong for you! If you have the willpower to eat SlimFast products as described above, in the correct manner with the correct amount of calories in your 'one meal' a day -- plus exercise, then you WILL lose weight. Easily and fast. It works for me, so I do not see any reason why it should not work for you!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20