Profile for Newton > Reviews

Content by Newton
Top Reviewer Ranking: 570

Newton "Sassy Brit" (Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
AmiGami Cat Figure
AmiGami Cat Figure

5.0 out of 5 stars A Individual as You - AmiGami Cat, 27 Mar. 2015
This review is from: AmiGami Cat Figure (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a cute plastic cat figure in bright purple which comes as a basic design with lots of punch out decorative, shiny paper and stickers to make the cat your own, so it's as individual as you. There are plastic pins to use, so paper parts can be fixed onto the cat and stand out. Think headgear and tails. It also comes with a curler to make the AmiGami paper curl, this creates a wonderful loose or tight curl look to really make your cat look pretty!

This is a great way to let your imagination flow, especially if you (or your kids) are the arty type! A nice idea for a party present, too. Or something to do in the school holidays that's different and creative.

Scholl Active Work Gel Insoles for Women
Scholl Active Work Gel Insoles for Women

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Feet, 21 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Scholl Gel Active WORK Women's Insoles I have are for sizes 5 -8. They are extremely easy to cut to shape, just use scissors and cut around either A = UK Size 5, B = UK Size 6, or C = UK Size 7. If you want sized 8, just leave them full since this is the size they come in before they are cut.

To wear they are very comfortable an offer all day shock absorption, superior cushioning and "Gelativ" Technology, which means they are nice and squishy underneath, and also provides, arch and heel support while reducing excess pressure.

I put these insoles in my dressier work boots that have a 2 inch heel and they are so comfortable, it is like walking on firm sponges. The insoles differ to the previous ones I tried, which are "every day insoles" Scholl Active Everyday Insoles Gel for Women and are now in my Doc Martins. These WORK insoles are thicker and have a bouncier, firmer feel. I can see why they're called work insoles, as they appear to be made with a lot of thought for how these will be worn, all day. Both have a different, yet comfortable feel. Yeah, I know, for branding, there doesn't sound like much difference between "every day" and "work" insoles (as many people work every day), but they do both feel very different to each other, which means I chose which shoes to put them in for the comfiest fit and usage. I can see how these are designed for women who work on their feet all day, whether it's in an office, warehouse or at home etc.

I am really loving my Scholl insoles. I may not be a penguin, but I have happy feet.

Now there's a thought, a pair of insoles would be great in a pair of dancing shoes.

Maybe, thanks to me, that can be Scholl's next move; a pair of "Gelactiv Dancing Insoles", Sassy Style. Could be a step in the right direction, whether you are moshing or boogie wonderlanding.

Don't forget guys, you heard it here first!

Breville 4-Slice Toaster the Perfect Fit for Warburtons
Breville 4-Slice Toaster the Perfect Fit for Warburtons

4.0 out of 5 stars Steely Looks - Breville 4 Slicer VTT57, 19 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love my toast and have already got a Breville 2 slice toaster Breville Rio Sunset 2-Slice Stainless Steel Toaster that has the same three buttons, defrost, reheat and cancel and so I am used to these features and use them.

The defrost button - I always keep spare loaves of bread in the freezer knowing I've always got something to provide for breakfast, especially as the mornings are so busy and hectic. Toast is also something the whole family can do themselves if needed, too. Breville VTT57 defrosts and cooks perfectly, but you do need to keep an eye on it, which is why I am pleased to have the additional feature of 'Look and See', which enables you to lift up the toast without burning your fingers to see if it is toasted enough already.

The reheat button is also very useful for me. I don't reheat up old slices, I just use this button to reheat my own bread, when it's gone cold after a few minutes, usually after I've been busy looking after everyone else first. Why bother? I am one of these people that MUST have warm toast so the butter melts. I really can't eat it cold, so you can see why I like this feature a lot.

The cancel button, when it's self explanatory and without it I would definitely burn everything I put into it. When the toast is done to just the right level of brown you like, you can stop it cooking and pop it up quickly. This feature works well with the 'Look and See', ability.

With the 'Look and See', button, (apart from the obvious of which I've already mentioned) the biggest factor for me with having this function is that there is no more popping up the toaster and turning it over to cook the white end. No more guess work. No more burnt fingers. I absolutely love this feature! It really makes toast less hard work, and easier to cope with in the blurry eyed, business of the mornings.

Other helpful features include: extra wide, variable width slots to accommodate different bread thickness's like crumpets. This is handy and provides more variation for mornings, and again, crumpets come out great with the 'Look and See', feature. I fear if I ever have another toaster without this feature I may never like it!

If I have to find fault with this, my only grumble is that variable browning controls are like many toasters I've had in the past, you never need the levels over around 3 because they are just far too powerful. Plus it is hard to read the dial numbers as they are so tiny and my eyesight is not that bad. This is the reason I am knocking off a star. No biggie really, just a bit niggling. I always feel the need to check what number the dial is set, in case it's been knocked to a high setting accidentally.

Also, the 'Look and See' handles feel a little flimsy. I do not understand why it is not all made of the same steel, but one thought about this is that if it were this may make the 'Look and See' handles rather stiff. As they are now, it only takes one finger to gently lift up the toast and then drop it back down if it needs more browning. To be honest this does not bother me, but it is something I noticed and thought I'd share. I have not removed a star for this.

I love the steel look of this, it has a professional feel to it, and the fact that it is rather large, also helps with this impression. So far this is the best four slicer I've had and it looks much more modern.

I am reasonably happy with the Breville VTT57 and it is smart enough for people to notice and mention how good it looks, so I can't be the only one that likes this! It works well and the toast looks good, just how my family likes it.

MACA XL NUTRILIFT ADVANCED 60 capsules to reduce your, ANXIETY, STRESS and DEPRESSION and help you lighten your MOOD. SUPER COMBINATION of ingredients that can also BOOST YOUR LIBIDO AND SUPPORT YOUR SEXUAL FUNCTION. Perfect for INCREASING MENTAL and PHYSICAL STAMINA. 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
Offered by Z4-Health

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality, Great Customer Service, 19 Mar. 2015
Disclosure: I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation purposes in return for an honest and unbiased review.

TheseMACA XL NUTRILIFT ADVANCED tablets couldn't have come at a better time, as work has been very tiring and stressful to say the least, so I tried these quite happily. I've heard of Maca Root products before and know these have been used to increase stamina in athletes. It can also keep your bones and teeth healthy and make your body heal better, which I am all for, since I have a medical condition called Neutropenia. So anything that boosts my immune system is a bonus.

Also contains Fenugreek seed extract, Damiana leaf, L- Arginine (an essential amino acid), Vitamin B5, Selenium and Zinc.

I actively search out products like these as I love all natural and plant / herb based ingredients in food supplements, but they do not always appear to work, and some brands have left me sceptical. I am aware that this may not be the case for everyone as we are all different, but I do feel these had a beneficial effect and boosted my energy levels to a certain degree and in turn that does make me feel happier and more able to focus, so it's a thumbs up from me.

With a 100% money back guarantee you have nothing to lose, so just try them!

CURCUMIN BOOST 1000 ADVANCED TURMERIC SUPPORT - 60 ORGANIC Turmeric Supplements Standardized to contain 95% Curcuminoids combined to HELP WITH REDUCING INFLAMMATION and reducing pain in Joints. GENERAL WELL BEING of your INTERNAL ORGANS. A HUGE 1000mg of CURCUMIN per serving so that you can get MAXIMUM BENEFITS or a 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
Offered by Z4-Health

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, Great Service - Pleasant to deal with., 19 Mar. 2015

Lately my knees have been feeling very old and achy, partly this is due to being on my feet a lot and partly because I hardly ever wear flatties, since I always prefer to wear heels.

With this in mind I jumped at the chance to try out CURCUMIN BOOST 1000 ADVANCED with TURMERIC SUPPORT since anything to help the knee ache fade would be worth it. This product also promotes cardiovascular support and has antioxidant benefits. Plus Tumeric is well known to aid all sorts of ailments, reducing swelling tummies being one of them. Tumeric is also good for maintaining a healthy digestive system.

I actively search out products like these as I love all natural and plant / herb based ingredients in food supplements, but they do not always appear to work, and some brands have left me sceptical. I am aware that this may not be the case for everyone as we are all different, but I do feel these had a beneficial effect and the active anti-inflammatory properties of these tablets have appeared to work well on my knees, so it's a thumbs up (or should that be high kicks) from me.

Contains Turmeric (Curcuma Longa) (Root), Turmeric Extract (Circuma Longa) (Root) (Standardized to contain 95% Curcuminoids).

With a 100% money back guarantee you have nothing to lose, so just try them!

Herbal Colon Cleanse, Detox 50% Extra FREE ★ 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE ★ Feel The Benefit Or Your Money Back- All Natural Ingredients Detoxs The Colon, Liver & Kidneys, Reducing Bloating For Flatter Stomach - UK Manufactured - Reduces Harmful Toxins Improving Digestion & Increases Energy
Offered by Nu U Nutrition

5.0 out of 5 stars Gentle Herbal Colon Cleasne, 18 Mar. 2015

I've regularly been using colon cleanses on and off for some time now, I find they are particularly useful for making me feel all over better. Much of this to my surprise is down to looking after the colon, liver and kidneys, as they do a lot of work cleansing our bodies after all the crap we put into them. Products like these help do this more efficiently, but not all colon cleanse tablets are the same. Some are like laxatives, luckily these are not. These colon cleanse tablets are more gentle and help to reduce bloating and improve digestion without the harshness of laxative types.

I actively search out products like these as I love all natural and plant / herb based ingredients in food supplements, but they do not always appear to work, and some brands have left me sceptical. I am aware that this may not be the case for everyone as we are all different, but I do feel these are working to clear out the toxins in gentle and kind way. Being all natural they act as a detox system that flushes away unwanted harmful toxins and waste from your colon, liver and kidneys and I've felt an increase of energy over the last few days, in addition to this I am hoping it is also helping my immune system spring back to life and improve.

In conclusion, I'm all for trying out gentle, natural products like this, and if they leave me feeling an improved sense of well-being, like they are, then even better. And what woman wouldn't wish for a flatter stomach?

Peanut By EGOZ Easy to carry Warm Adult Sleeping Bag Outdoor Sports Camping Hiking With Carry Bag (Army Green)
Offered by Sport-Items

5.0 out of 5 stars The Peanut Sleeping Bag by Egoz - Sleep Easy, 18 Mar. 2015
The Peanut by Egoz is a great addition to my camping gear. It's lightweight to carry yet lovely and warm inside. It has a zip up the side and a drawstring "hood" around the head, so nice and cocooning without feeling too restrictive. The hood has a captured cord lock for one-handed adjustment, which is quite useful once all tucked up inside.

I am five foot two (and a half) and I fit in this perfectly, unfortunately my husband didn't have as much luck, but then he is much taller and wider than me, poor fellow. Doesn't matter, really, this is all mine anyway!

Comes in its own carry bag, which I was easily able to wrap back up and put back in.

Please feel free to laugh at the attached picture of me inside it.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Matcha Green Tea Powder - ORGANIC - All Day Energy - Green Tea Lattes - Smoothies - Baking - Superior Antioxidant Content - Improved Hair & Skin Health - Now From Japan! Culinary Grade
Offered by KissMeOrganics

5.0 out of 5 stars Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder is Wowsa!, 18 Mar. 2015

Matcha is green tea from the Camellia sinensis, but it a very fine powder version and what is good about this is that it can be drunk straight or in a smoothie, a latte or actually cooked with. Cooking with Culinary Grade Organic Matcha Green Tea powder is a great idea and something I would never have dreamt of doing until I came across this product. KissMeOrganics also supplied a free PDF recipe book, showing how to use this in over 50 different ways. For some having several ways to eat and drink this is wonderful, because straight green tea is not everyone's favourite flavour and it has been said that the beautiful, grassy taste is an acquired taste for many.

I love the taste of straight, Culinary Grade Organic Matcha Green Tea, but need to sweeten it, so when added to other foods or drinks, I find it's an easy way to take it in more often and on a daily basis. Plus it never gets boring this way!

My favourite ways to eat and drink this is with coffee lattes, baked in cupcake style buns and in green smoothies of which I am having a lot of in an effort to lose weight.

Incidentally, green tea is a perfect way to assist someone in losing weight as it is an all natural way to increase your body's metabolism to help burn those calories, which is why I love it so much. I've had normal green teas in teabag form, as Matcha green tea always sounded so expensive, but actually it is not as pricey as I thought. Well, not from KissMeOrganics. Plus using it one teaspoon at a time is actually making this sized bag last quite a while.

Organic Culinary Grade Matcha green tea is made from the entire tea leaf which increases the nutritional value somewhat. It also has a slow release natural energy to help boost focus and concentration.

I've always been interested in green tea and have tried the ceremony green tea when it was made for me by someone else, now this has piqued my interest in ceremonial tea and I am keen to find out more. This tea is also available from KissMeOrganics should you wish to try it.

I'm very pleased with this Organic Match Green Tea powder, and since they offer a 110% money back guarantee, I am sure you will be, too. Try it for yourself and see!

Wowsa!

AVANTEK AR51 Amplified Freeview HD TV Panel Aerial Digital Indoor HDTV Antenna for DVB-T Television Tuner Receiver
Offered by Avantek UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Avantek AR51 TV Aerial for EXTRA Freeview Channels, 18 Mar. 2015

The AVANTEK AR51 amplified digital indoor Freeview aerial works well with our telly in the bedroom. We do have a tv aerial wall socket already fitted there, so it was just a matter of plugging it in, and then fixing the connecting box to the aerial and our telly. It's actually much easier than it sounds and if you are unsure there is lots of help provided in the instruction manual, with websites to help you with Freeview availability.

The box itself has a long lead so it can be wall mounted easily or stood on a shelf (using velcro strips for both ways for more security), however, I found mine just stood on top of the telly no problem with plenty of room to spread and extend the aerial antennas up and out.

Since I don't have cable in my bedroom it is brilliant to be able to have an alternative such as Freeview and this works to find enough channels to make it very useful indeed. Double the channels in fact.

For the price this is a good piece of kit and well worth looking into, especially if you do not have many channels in your area. I understand this does vary from place to place so do find out about your Freeview availability first.

[5V/2A Adapter Fast Charge] AVANTEK 20000mAh Dual-Port 4.8A Output External Battery Pack Portable Backup USB Charger Power Bank with Smart Charging Circuit & White LED Flashlight for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air mini, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3 Note 4 3 2 Tab 4 3 2 Pro, HTC One, Google Nexus, Nokia Lumia and Other Cell Phones, Android Smartphones & Tablets
Offered by Avantek UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Track to Fast Charging Many Gadgets, 18 Mar. 2015

Once charged up this external battery pack can be the source of your power for many gadgets providing more usage. For example, I use this for many things, my whole family does, but I find it particularly useful for charging up my mobile when I am out at work all day. During a 12 hour shift it does need recharging half way through the day (I think it's because it is old) so this charging unit gives it a new lease of life on the go. For that reason alone I find it very useful indeed.

I also use it for my Kindle other tablets in our household. It is good the battery pack can be charged up via a plug in a wall socket or directly through our computers and laptops so it is readily available when needed.

The top-grade Samsung lithium ion battery cells in this product provide highly stable output and show no significant degradation within 400 discharge cycles. It has a powerful 20,000AH dual-port 4.8a output. That is much better than the usual, believe me.

The blue LED lights on the pack which show when charging are particularly useful to see how much charge is left and when the pack will be fully charged. I love this colour, but there is a unique feature where you can add a white LED flash-light for low-light environments by quickly pressing the power button twice. Clever design.

All you need to charge the device is included; a micro USB to USB Cable. Charging takes about 10 to 12 hours and lasts for an extremely long time.

I am particularly impressed with its sleek, stylish look. It has the appearance of a top quality product at a decent price. It weighs just over 400 grammes, which is not as light as I thought it might be, but for its size (approximately 160 x 75 x 25 mm) it is easy to carry about in my handbag and pop into my desk drawer at work and home.

Pleasantly surprised and very happy with this product and have already recommended it to friends and colleagues, as have the rest of my family.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20