Profile for Newton > Reviews

Content by Newton
Top Reviewer Ranking: 579

Newton "Sassy Brit" (Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Minecraft Construction For Dummies
Minecraft Construction For Dummies
by Adam Cordeiro

5.0 out of 5 stars Mined a Gem of a Book, 29 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Minecraft Construction For Dummies By Adam Cordeiro, Emily Nelson is a neat "portable" guide to the game Minecraft Construction, which explains everything you need to know about creating and destroying blocks in order to construct three dimensional buildings, boats, islands and environments (some of epic proportions) and to above all build what you need to survive.

This is a great book for beginners, while at the same time many of the later chapters are just as suitable for those with more experience. I found the step-by-step instructions to be very useful and clear, and in true Dummies style it was easy to understand and very informative.

For example, it also explains about how to mine materials, build statues, beacons, and pillars for landmarks, which is something that is very handy to know when you first start playing, like many of these features the authors have written about.

Considering Minecraft is a massive game, and once you get into it you realise how fun it is to learn how to construct stuff, this is a great little book and a treasure to find.

Trigger Point Performance Grid STK Hand-Held Foam Roller - Orange
Trigger Point Performance Grid STK Hand-Held Foam Roller - Orange

5.0 out of 5 stars Rolling, Rolling, Rolling! Trigger Point Performance Grid STK Stick., 28 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
According to the product info, "the GRID® STK and GRID® STK X are an innovation in hand-held foam rollers". The GRID® surface rolls around, and has been designed to roll over the body in a way to massage it. This is especially useful for the release of aches and pains, or in fact just to ease cramp! It also makes a very nice massage tool and can easily be used on arms, legs and back of neck to get the blood flowing because of the bumpy ridges that are designed for channelling, compression as well as rolling.

The AcuGRIP handles enable a better grip in order to roll the foam roller over your body. It can also be used to press down on certain pressure points to mimic the movement of a therapist's thumb.

I'm impressed with this, and find it much more useful than at first I thought I would. All these features work really well and I'm very pleased with this.

Optimum Nutrition 330 g Watermelon Gold Standard Pre-Workout Supplement
Optimum Nutrition 330 g Watermelon Gold Standard Pre-Workout Supplement

4.0 out of 5 stars Gold Standard Pre-Work Out - Watermelon, 28 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Optimum Nutrition Watermelon Gold Standard Pre-Workout Supplement is actually a watermelon flavoured caffeine drink that gives you a unique burst of energy with a blend of vitamins. I love to use it before exercising when doing resistance exercise training. I also find it comes in quite handy when working a long shift and I need something to just keep me going. More focused. More with it! Long working hours have really drained me of energy lately. This is a great pick-me-up, but obviously used in moderation as ordinarily this is a product that when combined with exercising (like weight lifting) it helps increase muscle mass. No more than once a day usage is recommended.

Besides vitamins, this also contains 3 g of Creatine to reduce fatigue by transporting extra energy into your cells , L-citrulline, 250 mg of N-Acetyl L-tyrosine & 375 mg of L-carnitine and of course a very high dose of caffeine (175 mg per scoop).

Tastes nice, but not deliciously tasty, if you know what I mean. It does, however, taste very much like watermelon.

Philips HP6583/03 SatinPerfect Wet and Dry Epilator with Skin Tautening Attachment Shaver Head, Sensitive Cap and Tweezers

5.0 out of 5 stars Philips SatinPerfect HP6583/03 Wet and Dry. Superb Epilation, 28 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The new Philips SatinPerfect Hp6583 comes with a charger complete with a plug, so you can immediately plug it in and start charging straight out of the box. First use takes around 60 minutes to completely charge and while it is doing this a battery icon will appear. This gives it 40 mins of unplugged usage, which I found plenty long enough for doing both legs fully. The HP6583 is not meant to be used plugged in, so once charged you can use it anywhere, even in the bath, which I found not only very handy but much less painful on wet legs.

For best results you should hold the HP6583 at a 90 degree angle, and use one of the six relevant attachments provided, depending on which part of the body you are epilating. I actually found the combination of using the skin stretcher in the bath much less painful!

Unusually, this SatinPerfect comes with a pair of tweezers in a case with a built in light that is very helpful for spotlight, precision plucking odd hairs, and eyebrow hairs in particular.

A handy feature is also the lock this product has, so you can charge it up and then lock it, in order to safeguard yourself from knocking it on when in a bag, or even a drawer, which will of course waste your charge. A useful feature for travelling.

I must say that this is the first time I can say I love a product that has an unusual, yet aptly named 'Skin Stretcher' attachment. But the HP6583 is fantastic and gets an all star rating from me.

AmiGami Cat Figure
AmiGami Cat Figure

5.0 out of 5 stars A Individual as You - AmiGami Cat, 27 Mar. 2015
This review is from: AmiGami Cat Figure (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a cute plastic cat figure in bright purple which comes as a basic design with lots of punch out decorative, shiny paper and stickers to make the cat your own, so it's as individual as you. There are plastic pins to use, so paper parts can be fixed onto the cat and stand out. Think headgear and tails. It also comes with a curler to make the AmiGami paper curl, this creates a wonderful loose or tight curl look to really make your cat look pretty!

This is a great way to let your imagination flow, especially if you (or your kids) are the arty type! A nice idea for a party present, too. Or something to do in the school holidays that's different and creative.

Scholl Active Work Gel Insoles for Women
Scholl Active Work Gel Insoles for Women

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Feet, 21 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Scholl Gel Active WORK Women's Insoles I have are for sizes 5 -8. They are extremely easy to cut to shape, just use scissors and cut around either A = UK Size 5, B = UK Size 6, or C = UK Size 7. If you want sized 8, just leave them full since this is the size they come in before they are cut.

To wear they are very comfortable an offer all day shock absorption, superior cushioning and "Gelativ" Technology, which means they are nice and squishy underneath, and also provides, arch and heel support while reducing excess pressure.

I put these insoles in my dressier work boots that have a 2 inch heel and they are so comfortable, it is like walking on firm sponges. The insoles differ to the previous ones I tried, which are "every day insoles" Scholl Active Everyday Insoles Gel for Women and are now in my Doc Martins. These WORK insoles are thicker and have a bouncier, firmer feel. I can see why they're called work insoles, as they appear to be made with a lot of thought for how these will be worn, all day. Both have a different, yet comfortable feel. Yeah, I know, for branding, there doesn't sound like much difference between "every day" and "work" insoles (as many people work every day), but they do both feel very different to each other, which means I chose which shoes to put them in for the comfiest fit and usage. I can see how these are designed for women who work on their feet all day, whether it's in an office, warehouse or at home etc.

I am really loving my Scholl insoles. I may not be a penguin, but I have happy feet.

Now there's a thought, a pair of insoles would be great in a pair of dancing shoes.

Maybe, thanks to me, that can be Scholl's next move; a pair of "Gelactiv Dancing Insoles", Sassy Style. Could be a step in the right direction, whether you are moshing or boogie wonderlanding.

Don't forget guys, you heard it here first!

Breville 4-Slice Toaster the Perfect Fit for Warburtons
Breville 4-Slice Toaster the Perfect Fit for Warburtons

4.0 out of 5 stars Steely Looks - Breville 4 Slicer VTT57, 19 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love my toast and have already got a Breville 2 slice toaster Breville Rio Sunset 2-Slice Stainless Steel Toaster that has the same three buttons, defrost, reheat and cancel and so I am used to these features and use them.

The defrost button - I always keep spare loaves of bread in the freezer knowing I've always got something to provide for breakfast, especially as the mornings are so busy and hectic. Toast is also something the whole family can do themselves if needed, too. Breville VTT57 defrosts and cooks perfectly, but you do need to keep an eye on it, which is why I am pleased to have the additional feature of 'Look and See', which enables you to lift up the toast without burning your fingers to see if it is toasted enough already.

The reheat button is also very useful for me. I don't reheat up old slices, I just use this button to reheat my own bread, when it's gone cold after a few minutes, usually after I've been busy looking after everyone else first. Why bother? I am one of these people that MUST have warm toast so the butter melts. I really can't eat it cold, so you can see why I like this feature a lot.

The cancel button, when it's self explanatory and without it I would definitely burn everything I put into it. When the toast is done to just the right level of brown you like, you can stop it cooking and pop it up quickly. This feature works well with the 'Look and See', ability.

With the 'Look and See', button, (apart from the obvious of which I've already mentioned) the biggest factor for me with having this function is that there is no more popping up the toaster and turning it over to cook the white end. No more guess work. No more burnt fingers. I absolutely love this feature! It really makes toast less hard work, and easier to cope with in the blurry eyed, business of the mornings.

Other helpful features include: extra wide, variable width slots to accommodate different bread thickness's like crumpets. This is handy and provides more variation for mornings, and again, crumpets come out great with the 'Look and See', feature. I fear if I ever have another toaster without this feature I may never like it!

If I have to find fault with this, my only grumble is that variable browning controls are like many toasters I've had in the past, you never need the levels over around 3 because they are just far too powerful. Plus it is hard to read the dial numbers as they are so tiny and my eyesight is not that bad. This is the reason I am knocking off a star. No biggie really, just a bit niggling. I always feel the need to check what number the dial is set, in case it's been knocked to a high setting accidentally.

Also, the 'Look and See' handles feel a little flimsy. I do not understand why it is not all made of the same steel, but one thought about this is that if it were this may make the 'Look and See' handles rather stiff. As they are now, it only takes one finger to gently lift up the toast and then drop it back down if it needs more browning. To be honest this does not bother me, but it is something I noticed and thought I'd share. I have not removed a star for this.

I love the steel look of this, it has a professional feel to it, and the fact that it is rather large, also helps with this impression. So far this is the best four slicer I've had and it looks much more modern.

I am reasonably happy with the Breville VTT57 and it is smart enough for people to notice and mention how good it looks, so I can't be the only one that likes this! It works well and the toast looks good, just how my family likes it.

MACA XL NUTRILIFT ADVANCED 60 capsules to reduce your, ANXIETY, STRESS and DEPRESSION and help you lighten your MOOD. SUPER COMBINATION of ingredients that can also BOOST YOUR LIBIDO AND SUPPORT YOUR SEXUAL FUNCTION. Perfect for INCREASING MENTAL and PHYSICAL STAMINA. 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality, Great Customer Service, 19 Mar. 2015
Disclosure: I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation purposes in return for an honest and unbiased review.

TheseMACA XL NUTRILIFT ADVANCED tablets couldn't have come at a better time, as work has been very tiring and stressful to say the least, so I tried these quite happily. I've heard of Maca Root products before and know these have been used to increase stamina in athletes. It can also keep your bones and teeth healthy and make your body heal better, which I am all for, since I have a medical condition called Neutropenia. So anything that boosts my immune system is a bonus.

Also contains Fenugreek seed extract, Damiana leaf, L- Arginine (an essential amino acid), Vitamin B5, Selenium and Zinc.

I actively search out products like these as I love all natural and plant / herb based ingredients in food supplements, but they do not always appear to work, and some brands have left me sceptical. I am aware that this may not be the case for everyone as we are all different, but I do feel these had a beneficial effect and boosted my energy levels to a certain degree and in turn that does make me feel happier and more able to focus, so it's a thumbs up from me.

With a 100% money back guarantee you have nothing to lose, so just try them!

CURCUMIN BOOST 1000 ADVANCED TURMERIC SUPPORT - 60 NATURAL Turmeric Supplements Standardized to contain 95% Curcuminoids combined to HELP WITH REDUCING INFLAMMATION and reducing pain in Joints. GENERAL WELL BEING of your INTERNAL ORGANS. A HUGE 1000mg of CURCUMIN per serving so that you can get MAXIMUM BENEFITS or a 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
Offered by Kurtzie - Fast Shipping

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, Great Service - Pleasant to deal with., 19 Mar. 2015

Lately my knees have been feeling very old and achy, partly this is due to being on my feet a lot and partly because I hardly ever wear flatties, since I always prefer to wear heels.

With this in mind I jumped at the chance to try out CURCUMIN BOOST 1000 ADVANCED with TURMERIC SUPPORT since anything to help the knee ache fade would be worth it. This product also promotes cardiovascular support and has antioxidant benefits. Plus Tumeric is well known to aid all sorts of ailments, reducing swelling tummies being one of them. Tumeric is also good for maintaining a healthy digestive system.

I actively search out products like these as I love all natural and plant / herb based ingredients in food supplements, but they do not always appear to work, and some brands have left me sceptical. I am aware that this may not be the case for everyone as we are all different, but I do feel these had a beneficial effect and the active anti-inflammatory properties of these tablets have appeared to work well on my knees, so it's a thumbs up (or should that be high kicks) from me.

Contains Turmeric (Curcuma Longa) (Root), Turmeric Extract (Circuma Longa) (Root) (Standardized to contain 95% Curcuminoids).

With a 100% money back guarantee you have nothing to lose, so just try them!

Herbal Colon Cleanse, Detox 50% Extra FREE ★ 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE ★ Feel The Benefit Or Your Money Back- All Natural Ingredients Detoxs The Colon, Liver & Kidneys, Reducing Bloating For Flatter Stomach - UK Manufactured - Reduces Harmful Toxins Improving Digestion & Increases Energy
Offered by Nu U Nutrition

5.0 out of 5 stars Gentle Herbal Colon Cleasne, 18 Mar. 2015

I've regularly been using colon cleanses on and off for some time now, I find they are particularly useful for making me feel all over better. Much of this to my surprise is down to looking after the colon, liver and kidneys, as they do a lot of work cleansing our bodies after all the crap we put into them. Products like these help do this more efficiently, but not all colon cleanse tablets are the same. Some are like laxatives, luckily these are not. These colon cleanse tablets are more gentle and help to reduce bloating and improve digestion without the harshness of laxative types.

I actively search out products like these as I love all natural and plant / herb based ingredients in food supplements, but they do not always appear to work, and some brands have left me sceptical. I am aware that this may not be the case for everyone as we are all different, but I do feel these are working to clear out the toxins in gentle and kind way. Being all natural they act as a detox system that flushes away unwanted harmful toxins and waste from your colon, liver and kidneys and I've felt an increase of energy over the last few days, in addition to this I am hoping it is also helping my immune system spring back to life and improve.

In conclusion, I'm all for trying out gentle, natural products like this, and if they leave me feeling an improved sense of well-being, like they are, then even better. And what woman wouldn't wish for a flatter stomach?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20