Profile for Barbara > Reviews

Content by Barbara

Barbara

Maxim's de Paris Mini Egg Gift Pack Tin 150 g (Pack of 3)
Maxim's de Paris Mini Egg Gift Pack Tin 150 g (Pack of 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Egg-shaped tins are lovely, but chocolates not so great, 27 Mar. 2016
The egg-shaped tins are beautiful, and certainly worth keeping. Unfortunately the chocolates inside are not up to much. They are basically maltesers but with thicker chocolate and a hint of frangipani. I would advise buying these to use the tins for something else.

Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Deep Moisture Comfort Balm - 300 ml
Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Deep Moisture Comfort Balm - 300 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the only moisturiser I have found that actually ..., 27 Mar. 2016
This is the only moisturiser I have found that actually has a long-term softening effect on my skin. All other moisturisers seem to soften my skin temporarily, but then leave it drier in the long run. This one seems to be much more effective - perhaps because it is a balm instead of a lotion. Curiously it also seems to have longer-lasting effects than Neutrogena's other balms, that I have also tried (Nordic Berry smells the nicest, but this comfort Balm seems to be more effective).

How to Build Wooden Gates and Picket Fences: 100 Classic Designs
How to Build Wooden Gates and Picket Fences: 100 Classic Designs
by K. Geist

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a really useful reference text for anyone hoping to make a fence ..., 27 Mar. 2016
This is a really useful reference text for anyone hoping to make a fence that is more interesting than commercially-available products. There are pictures in this book that I have not been able to find anywhere online, so it is a really valuable resource in that respect too. I have looked everywhere for interesting fence panels and posts and have been unable to find anything for sale. As an alternative I will be making my own, following a pattern in this book. It is full of a wide range of patterns, spanning numerous styles and eras. It also contains brief descriptions of how to construct each one. My only criticism is that those construction guides for each fence could be slightly more detailed.

Zero G Mysteries and the Weightlessness Attraction
Zero G Mysteries and the Weightlessness Attraction
by Jets Hunt

1.0 out of 5 stars It reads much like the essay of an ESL student in their first ..., 27 Mar. 2016
This book seems to be a bound printout of the author's website. It tries to present itself as an academic text but contains numerous grammatical errors, and formatting inconsistencies that suggest it was not reviewed, edited or proofread before publication. It reads much like the essay of an ESL student in their first year of college. All the information contained in the main text can be found elsewhere (Wikipedia, etc.). This is a real shame as there are so few texts dedicated exclusively to this subject. I had hoped for so much more.

John Frieda Color Glaze Clear 190 ml
John Frieda Color Glaze Clear 190 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Glittery, but no softness., 6 Jan. 2013
I used this product exactly according to instructions (applied to dry hair, left for 20 minutes). Otherwise, washed and styled hair as normal. There was no noticable difference at all. I didn't notice any change to my hair texture or appearance at all. I am going to try the colour version, and then Jazzing, to see whether these work better.

EDIT - Now that I have waited a while, the hair does actually look slightly more shiny. It's not any softer, but does look a little bit glittery.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 30, 2013 11:51 AM BST

Garfield - A Gift for You (Garfield Pocket Books)
Garfield - A Gift for You (Garfield Pocket Books)
by Jim Davis

4.0 out of 5 stars Includes some of his best lines., 28 Sept. 2001
This book includes two of the funniest lines ever spoken in the Garfield pocket book series; "You shaved my bunny slippers!" and "I'm measuring Odie to make sure I use just the right amount of concrete." It also includes five or six of what I consider to be the best, most cynical Jim Davis strips I have read so far, which easily makes up for the one or two that fail to inspire a laugh.