Profile for Mike Purseglove > Reviews

Content by Mike Purseglove

Mike Purseglove "MikeP" (London UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Sanlise(TM) 4pcs S+M+L+XL Size Padded Neoprene Camera DSLR Lens Soft Pouch Bag case For Canon, Nikon Etc. + Hook and Belt Loop
Offered by AOXINDA

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made but ...., 9 Jun 2014
They look (and smell!) great.
My problem is the sizing seems a little odd.
The smallest one is so small as to be almost unuseable whilst the next one up is compatitively huge. (The two largest are massive!)
A better set (for me at least) would be keep the smallest size, make the next size up be size four and then introduce intermediate stepped sizes in between. The two largest could be sold separately. Another good idea would be to get some lenses from the big four camera firms and see what lenses fit what pouch. (By fit, I mean a nice stretched contact)
Good price though so really, I'm being picky.

Ex-Pro® UK Plug 3 Pin to C7 (Fig8 Plug) Fixed adapter.
Ex-Pro® UK Plug 3 Pin to C7 (Fig8 Plug) Fixed adapter.
Offered by ExpressPro

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact solution to the alternative plug and cable, 9 Jun 2014
I first started using a two pin right-angled version of this (which is ideal when travelling) for the small Battery Chargers supplied with most of my modern digital cameras.
This one was purchased for travel in the uk. I was hoping for a Right-Angled version which would be better as the charger would not canti-lever out from the wall but couldn't find one. (I used to have an old Erricsson phone charger which came with one but I can't find it at the mo.)
Nicely made product and hopefully will give years of service.

TRIXES Hot shoe camera double spirit level, two axis (2-axis)
TRIXES Hot shoe camera double spirit level, two axis (2-axis)
Offered by Digiflex

5.0 out of 5 stars No more sloping lakes, Sunsets etc. - If your camera has a hotshoe, Buy some of these!, 9 Jun 2014
A very small and useful accessory, particularly when taking landscapes using a tripod (especially the ubiquitous mini versions).
I had one of these in my bag for years until it ultimately went missing. Everytime I went to use it, I nagged myself to get a new one and promptly forgot.
Eventually, I spotted these on Amazon and at such a low price, I ordered (expecting them to be inferior quality junk).
I was pleasantly surprised to discover they are just as good as my old Jessops version (and having two is great - one for each gadget bag).

KENWOOD CHEF RUBBER BOWL SEAT PAD - 14cm
KENWOOD CHEF RUBBER BOWL SEAT PAD - 14cm
Offered by SparesPlanet

3.0 out of 5 stars Its a rubber disc!, 29 May 2014
Hard to get worked up over this.
It fitted the A701 Chef (after I removed the Aluminium plate) and possibly makes things a bit quieter but probably wasn't worth buying for us.

Deep Purple In Rock - Anniversary Edition
Deep Purple In Rock - Anniversary Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Album!, 29 May 2014
I've got this on Vinyl and saw this CD version so an obvious choice for me.
If you like Deep Purple and haven't heard this, treat yourself!

Skagen Men's Slimline Gunmetal Watch 233LSTN
Skagen Men's Slimline Gunmetal Watch 233LSTN
Offered by Uhren-Versand-eu

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Stylish Skagen Watch, 29 May 2014
This is my third Skagen and it seems to spend quite a lot of time on my wrist compared to the other two.
No second hand on this one but ... I quite like that in a way.
A good looking watch for someone with smaller wrists (No Gorillas need apply ... )

SanDisk SDSDX-016G-FFP 16 GB 45 MB/s Extreme SDHC Card (Packaging Varies)
SanDisk SDSDX-016G-FFP 16 GB 45 MB/s Extreme SDHC Card (Packaging Varies)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Card from one of the best manufacturers, 29 May 2014
One SD Card is much the same as another so what you get here is the confidence only provided by a brand leader. I bought two at a very good price and note that they do seem more responsive (in camera) than my older / slower cards but the 5 star rating is as much about the great price (compared to the high street).

6 x Clear Screen Protectors for Canon EOS M - Anti-Scratch LCD Guards / Display Savers
Offered by Membrane Store

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Product - Buy it if you have an EOS-M, 29 May 2014
These protectors are so good, I keep wanting to check whether it's fallen off or something.
Also very easy to install (unlike some similar products I've experienced) and no annoying bubbles or smears.
If you have an EOS-M, you really need these.

Maxsimafoto® - White Flash Diffuser compatible with Canon Speedlite 90 EX, 90EX. EOS-M Mirrorless camera.
Offered by Cameramarket UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Always need one of these for each flashgun., 23 Mar 2014
Nice fit and can stay in place on flash in the provided bag. (Extra protection too)
Not had chance to evaluate results yet but it looks as good as previous versions for other speedlights so expect it will be OK.

Tamis / Drum / Passing Sieve With 3 Interchangeable Meshes 30cm
Tamis / Drum / Passing Sieve With 3 Interchangeable Meshes 30cm
Offered by Russums

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Big! A few sharp edges too., 23 Mar 2014
This was a gift for my Son who had been after one of these for a while. We were surprised just how large this thing was.
It came well packaged and undamaged as a consequence but in line with other reviewers' comments, there are a few sharp edges noticeable and it is quite difficult to extract and install the different mesh rings.
I'm interested to see how durable it turns out once it's been given a thorough testing.
I think there were other cheaper products on Amazon which would in hindsight have been more suitable but ....

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4