Profile for Mrs. Annette Hawkins > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Annette H...

Mrs. Annette Hawkins (Lancashire, UK)

An Appointment with Mr Yeats
An Appointment with Mr Yeats

4.0 out of 5 stars New tunes on an old theme, 8 Nov 2011
i was told about this album by an Irish friend. I decided to buy it as I am a bit of an Irelandophile. I enjoyed the Waterboys' interpretation of Yeats's poems.I would recommend it to anyone who is a fan of W.B.Yeats as an item worth adding to a Yeats collection.An Appointment With Mr Yeats (Amazon Exclusive)

The Heather Blazing
The Heather Blazing
by Colm Tóibín

4.0 out of 5 stars Colm Toibin is irresistable, 6 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Heather Blazing (Paperback)
'The Burning Heather' is written in Colm Toibin's spare syle. He does not clutter his work with unnecessary words, but each word is chosen to tell a compelling story. I literally didn't put it down until it was finished. This book helped bring back the habit of reading regularly. I went to the library and got several more of his books. I would recommend The Blackwater Lightship.

The Dukan Diet
The Dukan Diet
by Pierre Dukan

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dukan Diet, 8 July 2010
This review is from: The Dukan Diet (Paperback)
This Diet Book is well written, easy to understand and quite inspiring. I have started the diet and have seen results in about a fortnight. I intend to go on until I reach my target weight.I recommend it to anyone wanting to lose weight and keep it off. Word of warning ! You will need steely resolve but the results will be well worth the undoubted effort you will have to put in.

HP Deskjet F2480 Printer (Print, Copy And Scan)
HP Deskjet F2480 Printer (Print, Copy And Scan)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little printer, 10 Feb 2010
I bought this to replace a broken down all-in-one. It does everything I need and am really pleased with quality of print. I like the fact that it has two ink cartridges which gives you a bit of choice.

Energizer Compact Charger
Energizer Compact Charger

5.0 out of 5 stars Friend pleased, 1 Mar 2009
I bought this for a friend and he is well pleased. Especially as it tells him when his batteries are fully charged. Not all of these gadgets do this with the result that often what you think is a fully charged battery, isn't!

Spilling the Beans
Spilling the Beans
by Clarissa Dickson Wright

4.0 out of 5 stars Cuddly Clarissa reveals all, 30 Jan 2009
This review is from: Spilling the Beans (Hardcover)
I bought this for a friend's Christmas present. She says she enjoyed it immensely. We are both fans of the "Two Fat Ladies" series. We recommend the book.