Profile for Chapman > Reviews

Diamond Select Back To The Future: Flux Capacitor Replica Unlimited Edition
Diamond Select Back To The Future: Flux Capacitor Replica Unlimited Edition
Offered by Smaller World Future

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT powered by USB, 14 Nov. 2014
Sorry. Needs considerably more power. Tricky to find a suitable power source, so virtually useless.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 16, 2015 4:14 PM GMT

The Non-Runner's Marathon Trainer
The Non-Runner's Marathon Trainer
by David A. Whitsett

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective, but drippy at points, 26 April 2013
I got hold of this book as part of a plan for running my first marathon pretty much from scratch. It worked and I got round in a time that I'm happy with, so on that basis I can recommend it, but with a few caveats.

Too much talk of God, this may work for some, but switched me off.
Too much self-helpy, drippy talk. A section about a 'little engine who can' was particularly awful.
I amended the training plan, and increased the mileage in most weeks by 10-20 per cent, this worked for me, others may want more or less. I trained over 3 days a week rather than the 4 that the book suggests, this was purely my choice to fit in with work and family commitments, but the same principles of gradually increasing weekly mileage, and the distance of the long run will still apply.

The other thing that put me off was getting to the end of the book to hear a story about one of the class who finished in 6.5 hours, now it's possible to with a small amount of training (certainly far less than the plans in this books) to walk a marathon quicker than that, so from that perspective it didn't exactly fill me with confidence, but I stuck with the plan (with the amendments outlined above) and finished in 4:12.

So if you're considering your first marathon, and can overlook the faults as mentioned above, this is a good investment.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for long runs, 1 April 2013
Fine for short runs, but the seams are not suitable at all for longer runs. If you're into higher mileage I'd recommend going for a higher quality brand than karrimor, but for a few miles here and there they'll be just fine.

Jeepers Creepers [DVD] [2001]
Jeepers Creepers [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Gina Philips
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Life's too short..., 20 Jan. 2013
... to waste on this film. There is a promising opening but then it rapidly turns into a poorly acted and badly written farce. There are some great horror movies out there, this is not one of them.