Profile for jojoss > Reviews

OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT MEDALS WITH RIBBON AND CENTRE = GREAT QUALITY
OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT MEDALS WITH RIBBON AND CENTRE = GREAT QUALITY
Offered by Fundraising & Medals

5.0 out of 5 stars A good product for the price, 10 May 2015
Well priced, quick service, excellent quality for the money. This is ideal for any age where a metallic feel, and metal look medal is required. Packaging was good and no cost. Will use this firm again .
Medal comes on a decent length ribbon.

The Winter Ghosts
The Winter Ghosts

5.0 out of 5 stars A book you should read, 4 May 2015
This review is from: The Winter Ghosts (Kindle Edition)
I liked this book for the way it is written and also for the fact that it is a ghost story but not a conventional one. I also enjoyed the slow realisation that it was in some way not going to have a rational theme.
If you enjoy really scary ghost stories it might not be for you.
It is very thoughtfully written and has a satisfactory ending which is very credible.
I will now try some other works by this author as I had not read any others. For me, this was a Book Club read so I am looking forward to seeing what others make of it.

Douceur d'Interieur Voile Bicolour Blind, Blanc/ Cacao
Douceur d'Interieur Voile Bicolour Blind, Blanc/ Cacao

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty window blind, 17 Mar. 2015
An excellent value blind. It is very delicate and easy to hang but getting the right look to taste does take a little time although the small ribbon which you pull to alter the length and look of the blind is surprisingly easy and accurate. I think for the money you cannot beat this blind. If you want to use it to stop people from looking in at a window , I would suspect it is a bit too sheer for that . I am using it to finish off a small frosted window and the effect it gives is attractive. It came in a huge box which is slightly off putting but was safely packaged !
The whole douceur d'interieur range is worth a look as it is well priced and has some very different styles to choose from.
The block of chocolate colour at the top of the blind does add to a classy look.

Fellowes Crystals Gel Mouse Pad/Wrist Support - Purple
Fellowes Crystals Gel Mouse Pad/Wrist Support - Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars A gel mouse pad that works, 17 Mar. 2015
I love this wrist support. I like the colour which is quite modern and the mat itself does have an up to date look. I have always used gel supports but some are slightly off putting as regards the feel as they get well used. This one is relatively firm and pleasant to rest on. It is the best one I have purchased. The mousemat is also all moulded together from one piece so is stable in use and it also does not move around at all on the desktop unless you want to move it.

Bio-Fresh 200ml Naturally Organic Aloe Vera with Lavender Oil Shampoo
Bio-Fresh 200ml Naturally Organic Aloe Vera with Lavender Oil Shampoo

5.0 out of 5 stars A fresh smelling shampoo, 17 Mar. 2015
This shampoo works for me in hard water and soft water. I first used it at my daughter's where I can never get the foam to rinse out easily when I wash my hair and it was fine. I find it lathers well and leaves my hair clean and shiny. I will be reordering this shampoo as it is worth the money, especially as you do not need to use a lot.
It does not have a strong smell so you could try it even if you are not keen on the smell of lavender.

English Passengers
English Passengers

3.0 out of 5 stars A detailed read., 14 Feb. 2015
I did not really enjoy this book and found the way it was written from the viewpoint of different characters quite confusing. It is well written and would appeal to a reader who can take in more detail at a time and then retain it and use it to keep the story thread live. It possibly lends itself also to being able to read quite a long section at a time rather than keep returning to the book.
The topic is interesting and well researched. It is not my type of book but some members of the Book Club I attend had enjoyed it and found it humorous as well. If you are interested in Australian history it is worth a try .
This is a very personal viewpoint and I would give the book the benefit of the doubt and make your own judgement . Perhaps use a library copy before investing in one of your own. Sorry, Amazon !

100 Pack White Small SOS Kraft Takeaway Paper Carrier Bags 7x8.6x3"
100 Pack White Small SOS Kraft Takeaway Paper Carrier Bags 7x8.6x3"
Offered by Amico Packaging Leicester LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile white paper bags., 26 Nov. 2014
These are good, strong bags as described and I am using them for gift bags. They are easily decorated and look great with other colours such as coloured ribbons , stick on motifs etc.
I have decorated several for Christmas and am really pleased with them.
I am sure there are many other uses such as lunch bags and having 100 means I should not run out in the near future !!

Gone Girl
Gone Girl

5.0 out of 5 stars a superb read, 3 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Gone Girl (Kindle Edition)
I love the way the book is split into the various sections depending on who is telling the story at that moment. I also like the fact that you cannot pre-guess what is going to happen even though you think you can at times! The characters are well drawn and , in spite of their complex and frightening personalities , are believable. The secondary characters too are clearly defined.
It is a great depiction of how we can make others believe we are thinking one thing whilst actually thinking the opposite.
As a story, it is a page turner and the ending is just about right, if not wholly satisfying. You can predict how their lives will pan out in the future and it is not a pleasant thought.
There was not anything I disliked about it . It is cleverly written and I have not noticed any flaws in the details set out before us as the author has planned as well as Amy did !
I would recommend this, particularly if you like ' Before I go to sleep ' or 'The Bed I made ' both by different authors.

20 To Make: Knitted Tiny Bears (Twenty to Make)
20 To Make: Knitted Tiny Bears (Twenty to Make)
by Val Pierce

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little book, 17 Oct. 2014
This is for a friend who loves teddies and knitting small toys so it should be ideal. It is a delightful book with some really cute teddy bears to knit. I think you could let your imagination go also with the range of colours you use and yarn types.
I thought it would make an ideal small gift or stocking filler for a keen knitter.

Mini Christmas Knits (Twenty to Make)
Mini Christmas Knits (Twenty to Make)
by Sue Stratford

5.0 out of 5 stars Prepare for Christmas simply and quickly !!!!, 17 Oct. 2014
This is a great value little book with very simple but effective small items to knit. The stars are particularly easy and quick to knit. My knitting group thought there were some cute designs and something for everyone to try. Favourites so far are the Angel, tiny sweater, snowman and the star. If you like more of a challenge the Nordic bunting is very striking. I like the way that most patterns lend themselves to using up odd balls of yarn. Sparkly yarn particularly good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7