Profile for jojoss > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Gone Girl
Gone Girl

5.0 out of 5 stars a superb read, 3 Nov 2014
This review is from: Gone Girl (Kindle Edition)
I love the way the book is split into the various sections depending on who is telling the story at that moment. I also like the fact that you cannot pre-guess what is going to happen even though you think you can at times! The characters are well drawn and , in spite of their complex and frightening personalities , are believable. The secondary characters too are clearly defined.
It is a great depiction of how we can make others believe we are thinking one thing whilst actually thinking the opposite.
As a story, it is a page turner and the ending is just about right, if not wholly satisfying. You can predict how their lives will pan out in the future and it is not a pleasant thought.
There was not anything I disliked about it . It is cleverly written and I have not noticed any flaws in the details set out before us as the author has planned as well as Amy did !
I would recommend this, particularly if you like ' Before I go to sleep ' or 'The Bed I made ' both by different authors.

20 To Make: Knitted Tiny Bears (Twenty to Make)
20 To Make: Knitted Tiny Bears (Twenty to Make)
by Val Pierce

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little book, 17 Oct 2014
This is for a friend who loves teddies and knitting small toys so it should be ideal. It is a delightful book with some really cute teddy bears to knit. I think you could let your imagination go also with the range of colours you use and yarn types.
I thought it would make an ideal small gift or stocking filler for a keen knitter.

Mini Christmas Knits (Twenty to Make)
Mini Christmas Knits (Twenty to Make)
by Sue Stratford

5.0 out of 5 stars Prepare for Christmas simply and quickly !!!!, 17 Oct 2014
This is a great value little book with very simple but effective small items to knit. The stars are particularly easy and quick to knit. My knitting group thought there were some cute designs and something for everyone to try. Favourites so far are the Angel, tiny sweater, snowman and the star. If you like more of a challenge the Nordic bunting is very striking. I like the way that most patterns lend themselves to using up odd balls of yarn. Sparkly yarn particularly good.

Roux Tween-Time Crayon Light Brown
Roux Tween-Time Crayon Light Brown
Offered by Empire Shops UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Super product., 29 Aug 2014
I love this product. I wanted it to highlight rather than cover but it suits my needs. It does cover the grey and as I chose a lighter shade than my hair colour , it also gives a lighter look to areas of my hair.It is easy to use although looks a little odd at first as it is like a lipstick shape but the packaging means it is a stick form which does not wind up or down but stays the size until you have used it a lot.
I also find on my hair that it keeps the hair in place where you have coloured.
Good value product. I intend to get another even lighter shade.

Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Sink Strainer
Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Sink Strainer
Offered by CKONE

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, 29 Aug 2014
Excellent. Does the job and a cheap enough price to replace when needed. My previous one lasted ages,

Colourworks 28cm Green Silicone Ladle
Colourworks 28cm Green Silicone Ladle

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright and functional, 29 Aug 2014
Excellent on all counts, value, colour and usage.
I like the silicone range of kitchen items as they are easy to clean and you can trust they are non stick. This is a useful size.

30 PIN Dock Connector to Micro USB Adapter For Apple iPhone 4 4S 3GS iPod iPad 2
Offered by Digitalab

3.0 out of 5 stars Check it is exactly what you need !, 29 Aug 2014
We may not have understood fully what it fits and what it does not fit but this was no use for our requirements.
The seller was fine, no problems there.

LILY FLAME BEST PRICE SCENTED CANDLE TIN - FAIRY DUST
LILY FLAME BEST PRICE SCENTED CANDLE TIN - FAIRY DUST
Offered by Save £££'s

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely fragrance smell, 29 Aug 2014
This is a really lovely fragrance which you can actually smell during all the burning hours. I find it lasts long enough to justify the price.

Victorinox Tomato Knife , 11 cm , Green Handle
Victorinox Tomato Knife , 11 cm , Green Handle
Offered by Saving domestic

5.0 out of 5 stars Good tomato knife, 9 July 2014
Super knife for cutting tomatoes and soft food. Not brill with hard cheese etc but is not designed for this. I think it is good value and a very good knife for easily slicing tomatoes, cucumber and such like.

Kuhn Rikon Nonstick Paring Knife- Green
Kuhn Rikon Nonstick Paring Knife- Green
Offered by UK Cook Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent knife, 9 July 2014
Super knife with many uses. I prefer this for most jobs and it beats some of the more expensive knives for cutting ease , storage and price.
Comes in lots of colours if you want it to match your kitchen !!
The blade is very sharp so the cover is useful when storing in a drawer.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6