Profile for rhythman69uk > Reviews

Shaun the Sheep -  Complete Series 2 [DVD]
Shaun the Sheep - Complete Series 2 [DVD]
Price: 10.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheeptastic!, 11 Nov 2013
This box set should appeal to all ages as I actually buy them for my elderly father who falls about at the antics of the sheep. Genuinely funny moments that have you laughing out loud! Inventive, quick moving plotlines that are very well thought out with great attention to detail as you'd expect from Nick Park and Aardman animations. Very highly recommended!

1art1 32256 Door Poster Iron Maiden Eddy 158 x 53 cm
1art1 32256 Door Poster Iron Maiden Eddy 158 x 53 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Iron Maiden 'Eddie' door poster, 11 Nov 2013
Although this is a modern reprint of the original from 1985 and the image is reversed in this poster, (with Eddie's right hand now breaking through the door first), it is still a great poster to own, especially as the original is very rare, and this too is hard to find. It is a foot shorter than the original and 5 inches narrower, but still very large. It is a Bravado licensed product with 'Iron Maiden Holdings' along the bottom. Originals elsewhere are very expensive and usually have not survived the passing of time that well, being on a door rather than a wall. A collector of original I.M. posters, I am still happy to own this one.

Dyson DC33 Multi Floor Upright Vacuum Cleaner For Every Floor Type
Dyson DC33 Multi Floor Upright Vacuum Cleaner For Every Floor Type

2.0 out of 5 stars Must try harder!! Dyson DC33, 5 Jan 2012
After using the DC01 for many years, I upgraded to this version and have been very disappointed. Quite apart from the continued and unrectified problem of the designers insistence upon having the exhaust air blowing out in front of the unit, thereby removing any loose dust before it can be sucked up (rather than directing it either behind or underneath the machine to assist with dust loosening), I now find various other problems. When the hose is removed from the machine to be used as a cleaning tool, it becomes as uncompromising as a boa constrictor. A very stiff coil of plastic, combined with a suction you cannot regulate, means that once the cleaning tool is sucked down upon the carpet, your arm tires very quickly with the effort of moving the head back and forth against the suction. Your other hand is occupied in trying to keep the coil extended. You have to straddle the hose, to keep the unit behind you, because there is no brake for the wheels. Without a brake, the unit continually jumps towards you when the cleaning tool is sucked down upon the carpet. This is most dangerous. I was actually pinned into a corner between the toilet and the wall, with the entire machine fallen onto my back and unable to turn off the machine because someone not very bright within Dyson has seen fit to make both the On/Off switch and the bin removal button, in red! In my efforts to switch off the machine all I succeeded in doing was removing the bin mechanism, not switching off the unit! Part of the problem I've solved by using 3 large lead weights used for scuba diving. One behind each wheel to act as chocks, the other on the front of the machine to prevent its tipping over onto the operator. My elderly parents are unable to use the machine, so they have given it to me. Dyson do not want to hear about these defects either, and ignore customer feedback. VERY disappointed!

One Hundred Strokes of the Brush Before Bed
One Hundred Strokes of the Brush Before Bed
by Melissa Parente

5.0 out of 5 stars If only more of us dared ..., 22 April 2010
I bought this for a friend after reading it myself a couple of years ago, so it isn't fresh in my memory now, but I found it hugely entertaining at the time. For such a young writer, it is well written and the book has a certain feel or flavour to it, and captures well the claustrophobic heat of her native Italy and her exasperations and adventures. I liked it enough to want to buy a copy for someone else, and I found her experiences stayed with me for many weeks afterwards, mostly as regret that my own teenage years were so dull by comparison. I even had her photo as one of my screensavers for a time as she's very cute and this book does have a certain magnetism lol.

The Herbs/Parsley The Lion - Complete Collection [1968] [DVD]
The Herbs/Parsley The Lion - Complete Collection [1968] [DVD]
Dvd ~ The Herbs and Parsley
Offered by Sent2u
Price: 7.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Stories for children full of gentle charm and whimsy, 3 Jun 2009
Seeing these again brought back some happy childhood memories! If you are a fan of those classic children's programmes from the 60's and 70's, such as the Clangers and The Magic Roundabout, this was my personal favourite and full of the same gentle humour and charm, which time has not changed. With around 50 episodes it is excellent value for money, well packaged and with some laugh out loud episodes and quirky stories and songs. The version I got from Amazon still has the episode, 'Miss Jessop Tidies Up' cutting short before the end, but Amazon say they're onto this now and will sort the matter out. A world away from today's children's programmes, this will stir the imagination and I can't recommend it highly enough for those with children or as a gift for someone. Seeing it was placed around #22 in the top 100, was a pleasing surprise for something originally aired so long ago. Enjoy it!