Profile for PracticalMom > Reviews

Content by PracticalMom

PracticalMom

Page: 1 | 2
Playmags Clear Colors Magnetic Tiles Building Set with Car (50 Pieces)
Playmags Clear Colors Magnetic Tiles Building Set with Car (50 Pieces)

5.0 out of 5 stars My 2&1/2 yr old loves this! He can Make ..., 16 July 2014
My 2&1/2 yr old loves this! He can Make cubes/ pyramids, a 'house' etc! And considering how short his attention span is with other toys- these definitely can keep him busy for much longer & that definitely is a 5 star rating from me!

Jumbo Flat Vacuum Storage Bags for Duvets by Pack Mate - creates 4 times more space - Airtight, Watertight, Dustproof, Insect proof - 5 Year Warranty - Set of 2
Offered by Beau Perry

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 16 July 2014
We are having our second baby on his way & in dire need of storage space- wanted to store away winter duvets (which obviously are too warm, especially when pregnant) & these bags are amazing- fitted a king size duvet in each bag (20tog & 15tog) easily & once vac sealed has freed up so much space under my bed stead for extra storage space I am now needing as we are freeing up
One of our rooms for the new nursery.
The bags look sturdy & well made & so far no complaints.
Product arrived pretty quickly & free delivery too. Pretty happy with my purchase & good service from the seller.

BabyFoot Deep Exfoliation For Feet peel
BabyFoot Deep Exfoliation For Feet peel
Offered by Royal Beauty UK

2.0 out of 5 stars I had dry thick skin on my heals with rest of the foot skin not so bad. It's been 3 weeks now since I used ..., 9 July 2014
This product does get some dead skin out, but not as magically as described. I had dry thick skin on my heals with rest of the foot skin not so bad.
It's been 3 weeks now since I used the product.
I did pre treatment soaking of feet in warm water for 1/2 hr, ensured they are clean & then applied the booties with product & socks in too as suggested & left for 1 hr. First 2 Days nothing happened- then feet started getting very dry & itchy- some skin under toes started peeling off-but the heels where I had the most dead skin - just got drier & more cracked- no peeling for 10 days. This was inspite daily water soaking- finally I used a filer & scrubbed my heels on my soaked feet & skin did come off easily, but not evenly,
I needed a salon pedicure just to get my heel feel smoother .
Also read somewhere the made in japan product is better, not the USA one seen here.

By Carla Heat Regulating Cuddle Me Pregnancy Pillow (Spring/ Summer 2011)
By Carla Heat Regulating Cuddle Me Pregnancy Pillow (Spring/ Summer 2011)

1.0 out of 5 stars Pretty useless- don't buy!, 12 Jun 2014
I bought this when I was around 18wks & was having mild discomfort- found the pillow very uncomfortable to use- thought probably bump too small & kept it aside. Using again at 30+ weeks & still very uncomfortable- this I think is due to the pillow being too stiff- doesn't mould nicely under the bump while lying on your side- much better to use a normal pillow for bump.
The bit which u r supposed to use under head too is uncomfortable often causes too much pressure on my ears- think all due to the martial stuffed inside.
I now only use it for additional back support while sitting up on bed.
All in all pretty much useless pillow

Mickey Mouse Remote Control Car
Mickey Mouse Remote Control Car

2.0 out of 5 stars Have never seen so many screws in packaging!, 21 Mar 2014
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
If you want to surprise a 2&1/2 year old avid fan of Mickey Mouse, this toy in its packaging is not the best idea! It's a plastic toy screwed with metal screws onto its cardboard box- there are about 6 screws with very small thread that I couldn't even find a screwdriver very easily- and then when I did open it realised they don't come with batteries- I do stock normal A/AA batteries - but the remote has got a special lr battery which I am yet to go out & get! And the car doesn't have any light & sound features without the remote!
So a very disappointed 2 yr old who had do be distracted with another episode of Mickey Mouse!
We are still to use the car- hopefully it will work when I get the new batteries!

Child Kids Holiday Gift Set, Adventure Play Tent 2 pcs Set - Dome Tent with Pop Up Tunnel - Indoor and Outdoor
Offered by Mikedavies

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very robust, 21 Mar 2014
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
Easy to assemble & put away! Took me about 20minutes to assemble- took my 2 year old 2 minutes to wreck it!
The plastic rods which hold the tent up come out of the corneres very easily- so when my 2 yr old gets hyper excited & tries to roll & jump & fall back on the sides of the tent the rods come out & the whole thing collapse!
Having said that he did have good fun!
The tunnel is actually more robust than the tent itself.

Baby Toddler Safety Harness Reins Backpack BATMAN
Baby Toddler Safety Harness Reins Backpack BATMAN
Offered by hotbuying

1.0 out of 5 stars Too fragile plastic!, 3 May 2013
This arrived with the plastic hook which is supposed to attach the hand strap to the backpack broken. I am not surprised it broke on transit as the plastic hook looks too fragile- so I requested a refund rather than replacement as I was sure with my strong little 19 month old, the strap would break if he tried to run off when I withhold him with the strap.
Amazon & baby world were brilliant who aploogised & refunded the money straightaway.
Don't waste your time or money, look for better products.

Dulwich Black Leather with Purple Lining Watch & Cufflinks Box
Dulwich Black Leather with Purple Lining Watch & Cufflinks Box

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, 17 Feb 2012
Bought this for my dear husband for christhmas as he generally is very organised, but his cufflinks were all over the place as he did not have one box to file them. He absolutely loves it.
Guess it works for people who love keeping their stuff organised. It's a beautiful box. & actually looks better than in the picture here. The inner purple lining is great contrast to metal in watches & cufflinks

IMAX Arabia 3D (Blu-ray + Blu-ray 3D)
IMAX Arabia 3D (Blu-ray + Blu-ray 3D)
Dvd ~ Helen Mirren (narration)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good 3D effects, 17 Feb 2012
Bought it as One of my husbands christhmas gifts so he could start using his new samsung smart 3D tv & blu ray player . A great documentary with some fantastic visuals

BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier Active (Black/Silver, Cotton Mix)
BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier Active (Black/Silver, Cotton Mix)
Offered by babydepot

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!, 17 Feb 2012
We had originally purchased a Original Baby Bjorn from ToysRUs, but then thought of returning it to buy a baby bjorn active as I was having back aches & we thought a model with lumbar support was better as our baby was already 4 month old & was getting heavier.
Excellent product! So cleverly designed & our baby loves it ! Put him facing forwards when he's awake & change him to face me when he sleeps & its great to have both my hands free. My backache has actually settled.
Also got it for an excellent price from Amaz on- was cheaper than the Original Carrier in all the baby stores around. So kind of a win win situation really!
Will definitely recommend it. When looking for a baby carrier it's worth to spend that extra money to get a robust one both for the baby & for your back & shoulders!

Page: 1 | 2