Profile for Angela Mabel > Reviews

Gold
Gold
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading!, 6 April 2013
This review is from: Gold (Kindle Edition)
I was surprised by this book and enjoyed it far more than I expected. The plot is well constructed although i felt the characters implausible - i just don't believe these particular characters could be competitive athletes or that their behaviour would allow them to be friends. I think it gives a good insight into the world of competitive cycling. It explores the extremes of the strengths and weaknesses of human nature and what makes us the people we become. It's definitely worth a read.

Bridget Lace Panel Size: 229cm H x 142cm W, Colour: Fushia
Bridget Lace Panel Size: 229cm H x 142cm W, Colour: Fushia

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty much as expected, 27 Mar 2013
Nice material. Prompt delivery. Fits purpose. It is not quite the length I expected, I am not quite sure where the length should be measured, but fortunately I can adapt it.

Salter Slim Design Electronic Platform Kitchen Scale, Black
Salter Slim Design Electronic Platform Kitchen Scale, Black
Price: 11.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 Mar 2013
I bought these to replace my very old salter digital scales, which have sadly died. I really liked my old ones, so was concerned these might not be so good. But they are excellent. It's easy to switch between measurements, and to zero to add more ingredients. I haven't had any problems reading them as some other reviewers have. They are extremely sensitive - I think I'll even be able to use them for mail. They do sometimes have a little moment when I first switch them on but I honestly think that's because I rush in and don't let them settle.

66FIT Pilates Balls Set of 2 - Turquoise/Blue, Size 20 & 25
66FIT Pilates Balls Set of 2 - Turquoise/Blue, Size 20 & 25
Price: 9.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 Mar 2013
Bought on the advice of my Physiotherapist for my post surgery exercises. Arrived extremely promptly. Very good quality and very easy to inflate! Very pleased!

FitFlop Sandals Lolla Liberty Kate Ada Liberty Print UK5
FitFlop Sandals Lolla Liberty Kate Ada Liberty Print UK5

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfy, 27 Mar 2013
This is my first purchase of fit flops. They are surprising at first, but I quickly adapted to them and now can't wait for summer so I can wear them more. I had hope to use them instead of slippers but unfortunately they aren't going to be suitable - I'll stick to Birkenstocks for that I think! I needed to size up, and still find them a little 'rigid' but overall I'm very pleased.

4 LUXURY WINE BOTTLE BAGS FOR ELEGANT GIFT WRAPPING - MIXED PACK - Red, Black, Turquoise, Green

2.0 out of 5 stars Few bottles fit in it, 27 Mar 2013
These are well made from beautiful material, but unfortunately very few of the bottles I've tried will fit in it. I will use them for something else. The gift cards are nasty and cheap looking and not of the same quality as the bags.

THE 5:2 IF DIET BOOK: STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO LOSE WEIGHT AND IMPROVE YOUR MIND, BODY AND HEALTH ON A 5 DAY FEAST AND 2 DAY DIET + FREE VIDEO - UNUSUAL TIP ON GETTING A FLATTER BELLY
Price: 1.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy it in a book!, 27 Mar 2013
Good guide, but impossible to implement the ideas using a kindle! So don't get it in kindle form - buy the book

ASICS Women's Ayami Kensei Black/Champagne/Silver Trainer S178N 9002 6 UK
ASICS Women's Ayami Kensei Black/Champagne/Silver Trainer S178N 9002 6 UK
Offered by altonsports- Run and Fitness Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite narrow fitting, 18 Mar 2013
Very attractive trainers. Worn in the gym and they feel very supportive, much more so than the running shoes I'm used to. They are quite narrow fitting, and I had to get half/one size larger than usual because of this - am hoping they won't prove too long with more wear. The laces are incredibly short and I will have to buy longer ones ones for them.

The Secrets of Aga Cakes
The Secrets of Aga Cakes
by Lucy Young
Price: 14.39

3.0 out of 5 stars Not up to expectations, 19 Dec 2012
There are some lovely recipes in this book, but I was dissapointed that it did not unravel some of the mysteries of AGA baking. I was hoping there would be guidance on using the AGA cake baker but it is only really mentioned in passing. I am left still having to do a lot of guesswork, and continue learning by trial and error.

Belledorm Egyptian Cotton 400ct Oxford Duvet Cover, Ivory, King Size
Belledorm Egyptian Cotton 400ct Oxford Duvet Cover, Ivory, King Size
Offered by elinens
Price: 62.97

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely bedding, 18 April 2011
This is a lovely duvet cover, very comfy. Very good price for egyption cotton. Does benefit from ironing, and although it says tumble dry I prefer it line dried. Arrived promptly.

Page: 1 | 2