Profile for Top Reader > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Alice Cooper Classicks
Alice Cooper Classicks

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good tunes!, 9 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Alice Cooper Classicks (Audio CD)
This is a really good selection of Cooper hits and all of the big tunes are on there - well worth a listen!

Amorica
Amorica
Offered by AbundaTrade

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 1 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Amorica (Audio CD)
I love The Black Crowes but only have their Best Of CD so I decided to buy this album. I'm glad that I did as I'd forgotten the simple pleasure in life of listening to an album from start to finish and really appreciating the art of its making. I love High Head Blues - lovely structured tune! I can't wait until they play the O2 next month!

Cocaine: A Definitive History
Cocaine: A Definitive History
by Dominic Streatfeild

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% superb! Essential reading!, 20 Jan. 2013
Ignore the one bad review on here out of thirty - he must have been a total idiot working for the DEA or something. The fact is that this book is essential reading. It is incredibly informative and truly eye-opening. The style is not patronising in any way, and this contributes to a very smooth read. It is a massive book but I couldn't put it down. Worth every penny!

Jim Davidson: Jim's Silver Jubilee [DVD]
Jim Davidson: Jim's Silver Jubilee [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jim Davidson

3.0 out of 5 stars Struggled to enjoy this, to be honest, 11 Jan. 2013
Firstly, I am not in the habit of giving bad reviews - I've given this DVD three stars, but that is probably three too many, in all honesty. I loved Jim Davidson in the 80s and used to cry with laughter at his jokes back then. However, there was not one joke that I laughed at in this DVD, and I'm someone who has a very broad sense of humour. The performance starts with some singing which seemed unnecessary, the he goes into the jokes, many of which are cliched to say the least. I am so disappointed as he used to be such a funny comedian, and now he just comes across as a bit of a pathetic old man. I hope that some more people will review this DVD as it cannot just be me who feels this way - I mean, I'm a fan, for crying out loud!

4 Decks of Bicycle Playing Cards (2 x Red & 2 x Blue)
4 Decks of Bicycle Playing Cards (2 x Red & 2 x Blue)
Offered by Vinsani (UK Seller)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 11 Jan. 2013
If you are a practising magician you need to have Bicycle decks - fact. These are excellent quality packs and essential for all card tricks. If you are a magician then it is worthwhile buying plenty of packs, certainly.

Eat sleep skate mens skateboard gift t shirt medium Black shirt white print
Eat sleep skate mens skateboard gift t shirt medium Black shirt white print

5.0 out of 5 stars Good t-shirt!, 29 Dec. 2012
I bought this for my son at Christmas and he seems to love it - it's good quality and looks good also - recommended!

Furry Warmers Fully Microwavable Furry Boots Beige
Furry Warmers Fully Microwavable Furry Boots Beige

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 29 Dec. 2012
I bought these for my wife at Christmas and she loves them - a really great item and superb for the cold winter months!

Walking in a Fergie Wonderland - Sir Alex Ferguson the Biography
Walking in a Fergie Wonderland - Sir Alex Ferguson the Biography
by Frank Worrall

4.0 out of 5 stars Good overview of the man's achievements, 22 Dec. 2012
I grew up hating Fergie and his wining ways back in the 90s. Like everyone else though, I just had to accept it and then face facts: he's the greatest living British football manager. I wanted to know more about the reason for his success. The book doesn't really provide this as it focuses upon season by season overviews rather than the man himself. I would say that it is slightly more a biography of United than of Fergie. That said, it's an okay read - probably a must for United fans, and not success-starved fans of Tottenham Hotspur like myself!

The Boys Are Back In Town Skulls Black Mens T-shirt Large
The Boys Are Back In Town Skulls Black Mens T-shirt Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for four quid!!, 16 Dec. 2012
This was on offer and it was such a good deal that I couldn't not buy it. £3.99 including delivery - absolute bargain! It's a decent t-shirt that not many people have so highly recommended.

Post Office
Post Office
by Charles Bukowski

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 12 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Post Office (Paperback)
I enjoyed Ham On Rye and felt obliged to buy this soon afterwards. It's a really good, though quick, read. I really enjoyed it - recommended!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8