Profile for Book mad > Reviews

Content by Book mad

Book mad (Cardiff, Wales)

Page: 1 | 2
GEE TAC ULTIMATE FULL FACE UV RATED FLY MASK (WHITE REFLETCS UV SUN LIGHT BLACK ABSORBS IT)
Offered by Gee Tac Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 23 May 2014
I wasn't sure if my horse would let me put this on let alone keep it on but he had a bad eye and I really to keep the flies off his face. Surprisingly, he didn't bat an eyelid when I put it on and it stayed put all summer (I obviously took it off myself, I didn't just leave on him permanently!) The other horses were a bit inquisitive when I first put him in the field but soon accepted him again when they realised they knew his smell. It kept the flies off which is what I wanted and he was quite happy. Looked a bit like he'd joined the Ku klux klan which my other half found hilarious! The only downside was that he was a little bit jumpy every time I took it off due to the Velcro but doing it slowly he let me do it.

The Little Mermaid Collection [Blu-ray] [1989] [Region Free]
The Little Mermaid Collection [Blu-ray] [1989] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Jodi Benson

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice collection, 23 May 2014
I've yet to find a Disney film that my daughter doesn't like to be honest! She loves this collection and watches them over and over again.

Commotion In The Ocean (Orchard Picturebooks)
Commotion In The Ocean (Orchard Picturebooks)
by Giles Andreae

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, 23 May 2014
My daughter absolutely loves reading and being read to so it's difficult to pick a favourite book. This is definitely up there. She loves the short poems about all of the different sea animals and joins in with the bits she remembers and chuckles along the way.

The Thomas Berryman Number
The Thomas Berryman Number
by James Patterson
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time or money, 23 May 2014
Not a long book but I really had to force myself to carry on with this one in the vain hope that it would get better. Sadly it didn't and I'm just glad this wasn't the first of James' books I'd picked up or I would never had read more and would have missed out on some fantastic novels. Hugely disappointed with this one.

Socks
Socks
by Nick Sharratt

4.0 out of 5 stars A popular choice, 23 May 2014
This review is from: Socks (Paperback)
Not quite up there with Pants, which my daughter will recite long after the book goes away and gives us a good giggle. But still an amusing read.

African Animal Tales: Tricky Tortoise
African Animal Tales: Tricky Tortoise
by Mwenye Hadithi

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend, 23 May 2014
My 5 year old daughter loves these titles. She was given Greedy Zebra at school and we've bought several in the series since. I would definitely recommend.

The Rats
The Rats

5.0 out of 5 stars An oldie but a goodie., 23 May 2014
This review is from: The Rats (Kindle Edition)
I've read a few James Herbert novels but never got around to this one and I hadn't realised that he had died. I wasn't sure I'd like this one but I was pleasantly surprised. A cracking, quick read.

Going Home
Going Home

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 23 May 2014
This review is from: Going Home (Kindle Edition)
A new author for me. I enjoyed this book and look forward to more from this author in the future.

Suddenly Single
Suddenly Single

5.0 out of 5 stars My first of Sheila's books, 23 May 2014
This review is from: Suddenly Single (Kindle Edition)
I'm a new reader of Sheila O'Flanagan having picked her up from a charity book sale (not literally obviously!) I enjoyed this book very much and will definitely read more.

The House of Stairs
The House of Stairs

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing., 23 May 2014
I did enjoy this book when it ended but it felt like hard work getting there and I didn't have the normal feeling of wanting to sit down and devour more.

Page: 1 | 2