Profile for Sue133 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The French House
The French House

4.0 out of 5 stars Something I would like to do, 21 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The French House (Kindle Edition)
I read this on holiday staying with friends in France who are actually in the process of buying a very similar property to this. Really related to it. Good, easy, summer read if you love and understand the french way of life.

The Girl You Left Behind
The Girl You Left Behind

5.0 out of 5 stars Got me gripped from the start, 21 Oct. 2013
Loved the first part of the book - really got into the characters and the whole French/World War I scenario. Loving France as I do I could really picture the scenes. Recommended it to many.

Wave: A Memoir of Life After the Tsunami
Wave: A Memoir of Life After the Tsunami

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, 21 Oct. 2013
I was recommended to read this as a tear jerker. Didnt quite get me that way. Terrible what happened but I felt the book was rather long winded and a bit repetative.

Room: Picador Classic
Room: Picador Classic

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok if you like this sort of thing, 2 April 2013
Took me a while to get to grips with the way this is written. Can't really say I liked it but I am glad I read it. Would I recommend it - maybe, to the right person.

Dance While You Can
Dance While You Can

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good one from Susan Lewis, 27 Feb. 2013
I really enjoy this one - it was easy reading, kept my interest with a good story line. Yet another good book from Susan Lewis.

The Snow Child
The Snow Child

2.0 out of 5 stars An acquired Taste!, 27 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Snow Child (Kindle Edition)
Nicely written but very slow going, particularly the first half of the book. Had to persevere with it. The story didn't 'Wow' me so won't be recommending it.

The Power Trip
The Power Trip

2.0 out of 5 stars One that can be easily missed!, 5 Nov. 2012
This review is from: The Power Trip (Kindle Edition)
Must admit, this is the first Jackie Collins book I've read - don't think I'll be bothering with any others. Felt the whole book, charachters, plot, settings were all very shallow. Expected more.

Page: 1 | 2