Profile for lovetocook > Reviews

Pura Kiki Stainless Steel Baby Bottle 325 ml
Pura Kiki Stainless Steel Baby Bottle 325 ml
Price: 20.72

5.0 out of 5 stars As expected, 23 Mar 2014
I think this is a great product, it's Eco- friendly, healthy and simple, and looks very pretty too. It feels well made and sturdy, while also being as light as plastic bottles ( really). It gets very hot, when filled with hot liquids, so be careful. It also cools very rapidly, when put into the cold water. I' ve been using it daily for two weeks now, with several washes a day and it's still as new. When using a non- Pura branded nipples (I use Avent) it is quite difficult to screw the top on properly. It can be done, but there are times when I had to leave it a bit crooked- still did not leak and worked fine, so no issue. I' d only wish the protective silicone cap that the bottle is supplied with, matched the color of the bottle- it is dark turquoise blue for all bottles.

Pura Kiki Stainless Steel Baby Bottle 150 ml
Pura Kiki Stainless Steel Baby Bottle 150 ml
Price: 21.94

5.0 out of 5 stars As expected, 23 Mar 2014

The Oh She Glows Cookbook: Over 100 Vegan Recipes to Glow from the Inside Out
The Oh She Glows Cookbook: Over 100 Vegan Recipes to Glow from the Inside Out
by Angela Liddon
Price: 15.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, especially for vegan newbies or wannabes, 23 Mar 2014
I am not vegan, but as of recently I try to change my diet to plant- based. Being a newbie I am often unsure how to use and prepare ingredients which I can find in my local whole foods store. This book is invaluable when it comes to explaining how various ingredients can be used and added to our daily diet. The first chapter is titled "my natural food pantry" and here the Author outlines what she uses and how. I find it to be a great reference on what to buy and keep in my own cupboards.
Following the pantry chapter, the book is divided into the following sections:
-Favourite kitchen tools and equipment- this is the only chapter which I found redundant. I really don't see how it is useful to know which gadgets Author is using. It should be mentioned however that most recipes in this book call for a blender or food processor.
-breakfast- just brilliant, whether you are vegan or not. So varied and so very healthy.
- smoothies, juices and tea- recipes for green smoothies are particularly interesting ( the 'glow' factor)
- appetizers- have not made anything from this chapter yet. Some dips, spreads and pestos in there, overall looks like a good selection of healthy snacks
- salads- very impressive, there are many salads which seem like refreshingly new ingredient combinations, but winners are the dressings ( lemon- tahini, sweet apple, avocado- dill....)
- soup- good, varied selection. These are all full, hearty meals.
- entrees- not sure why it's titled as entrees- there are lots of wonderful recipes here for complete meals ( chana masala, veggie burgers, walnut and lentil loaf, broccoli and quinoa burritos...)
- sides- this chapter is perhaps a little lacking- roasted veg mostly, but few good ideas nonetheless (
- power snacks- excellent recipes for healthy snacks. The classic glo- bars ( nutrient loaded cereal bars) are just fantastic
-desserts- I like my desserts Nigella style- decadent, sweet and far from moderate. I think this chapter offers great ideas for desserts which are just as lavish, but still reasonably healthy ( caramel made from medjool dates and peanut butter is amazing)
- homemade staples- excellent resource for those who want to make their own vegan ingredients and condiments ( e.g. Almond milk, cashew cream, grapeseed mayonnaise, chia seed jam, pumpkin butter...)
I recommend this book to those who are looking to eat less or stop eating animal based products but are not sure how to start and for those who are looking for interesting, healthy recipes. I think this book balances nicely the trend for meat replacement in traditional dishes ( i.e. Burgers, burritos) with the ultra healthy whole foods eating (i.e. sprinkling chia and hemp seeds on everything). Above all, it's packed with healthy, interesting and balanced recipes. All recipes are accompanied by pictures, short introduction, valuable cooking, serving or replacement tips and detailed step- by- step instructions.

Lekue 2500 ml Springform Pan with Ceramic Plate, Red
Lekue 2500 ml Springform Pan with Ceramic Plate, Red
Price: 21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 11 Sep 2013
It is an excellent product. Non stick baking, no leakages, smooth edged cheesecakes every time. I make most of my cakes in it now, and also baked quiche in it. I wash the silicone part by hand though- I find that putting it in the dishwasher leaves it greasy; it's a breeze to clean anyway. I just wished they made it in several sizes and more shapes that round and rectangle.

AEG MPS 4920 AEG Manicure and Pedicure Set White / Blue
AEG MPS 4920 AEG Manicure and Pedicure Set White / Blue
Price: 15.81

1.0 out of 5 stars I find plain nail file more useful than this, 11 Sep 2013
This tool has no power to move various attachment at required speed. Attachments are made from metal and in order to be usable, they would have to be pressed very hard against the nail or skin and move really fast. This is not possible, as the tool just stops when pressed harder. I am really surprised that someone considers it good enough to sell.

Baby Trend Expedition LX Jogger - Black Mist
Baby Trend Expedition LX Jogger - Black Mist
Offered by Vinsani
Price: 119.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I am so pleased with this jogger, 11 Sep 2013
We bought it so my husband can run with it- he is very happy with it after using it about 10 times now. I just walk with it and love it. It glides, practically no pushing is required. Quite lightweight, very narrow (it's the same width or even less than Chicco Echo stroller), excellent handle and plenty of room for the parent to take big steps (I know it's a stroller, so it's a given, but it's a nice change, not to kick the buggy when walking fast). The seat is quite wide and my baby is very comfortable in it. I am very impressed with the canopy, which is big and deep, can be moved around nicely and positioned to protect the baby from the sun and rain. The footrest is also excellent- big and sturdy, comfortable for the baby. Parent tray is a bonus. The jogger is quite long, longer than Quinny Buzz, so if you take a bus, you may need to take the whole pushchair area. Considering how narrow and light it is, I see no problem with that. Beware though that because it nearly moves by itself, you should really use the wrist strap, even if just walking, especially in the city, with the cars and bicycles around. I had few situations when the jogger "tried" to stroll away from me on its own.

Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind
Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind
Price: 20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars just brilliant, 11 Sep 2013
There is not much to say about this product, except that it is excellent. It really does black out the room, is very big, stays put and I also like to starry pattern. Makes it look quite appealing, as plain black would have been a little gloomy.

Magnetic Shapes
Magnetic Shapes
Price: 6.99

2.0 out of 5 stars not very good, 11 Sep 2013
This review is from: Magnetic Shapes (Toy)
The board which is supposed to be used to stick magnets to looks like a cover of a tin that cookies or sweets often come in- very flimsy, and actually looks like one has diy-ed the toy out of the sweets tin. My biggest problem with this item is that the little magnets fall out of the plastic shapes, making them unusable. When I first opened the package, there were already several magnets lying about loose, and more kept falling out. These magnets are really small, and in my opinion it's a choking hazard. This could be fixed by gluing magnets back into place, but I can't be bothered to do that.

The Original THERALINE incl. cover "ivory"
The Original THERALINE incl. cover "ivory"

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 Sep 2013
It's an excellent pillow. I used it throughout my pregnancy and couldn't be more pleased. It's very long, soft but not too pliable and offers excellent support. The filling does not move around too much, so it keeps its shape, even if I wrap myself around it and hug it. Very happy with this product. I would recommend buying spare cover though. After 8 months of use and once a week washing, mine does look used (it's soft jersey type of fabric).

Le Creuset Cast Iron Square Grillit, Granite, 26 cm
Le Creuset Cast Iron Square Grillit, Granite, 26 cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, and what a shame that is., 29 July 2010
I got this few months ago and after the first use I was dissapointed. Since then I gave it a try number of times, thinking to myself-come on, it's a fabulous Le Creuset grillit, it's propbably your fault it's not working out. Unfortunately, every time, I'm equally dissapointed.
Anyways, here is what makes me dissapointed with this product:
1. it is very heavy. I know, I know, it's cast iron, it weighs almost four kilos, so what was I expecting... Well, it is too heavy to allow me to use it comfortably.
2. The handle is too short and too slim for such a heavy piece of a pan (no leverage). I'm thinking if the handle was a tad bit longer and thicker, it would be easier to deal with the weight.
3. The handle gets really hot. I know, it is cast iron, so it is normal. But with such a heavy item, hot, short handle does not make handling any easier.
4. The juices and fat from meat gather at the bottom, between the rows, and burn before the meat is ready. When I barbecue outside, I don't mind, au contraire. But when cooking indoors, I really don't appreciate the smoke and burnt smell (and yes, I do have an extractor). I must mention here, that I like my steak well done (quelle horreur!), so this issue is probably caused by the time it takes to cook my meat inside out.
I can recommend this product for grilling vegetables, fish, shellfish, and meat if one likes it rare.
For me, the handling part is the worst. I am the kind of person who enjoys cooking and related effort, I make my own pastry, I make my own stock, I grow my own carrots, but somehow, I cannot convince myself that fighting with the heavy, hot pan is worth the effort.
Apart from that, it is excellent quality and it is easy to clean (altough heavy to handle, so beware if you have a porcelain sink!).
I am giving it four stars, taking away one for insufficiently small handle, as the rest of my negative observations are subjective.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 4, 2011 1:07 PM GMT