Profile for Jafad66 > Reviews

Content by Jafad66

Jafad66 "John" (Cumbria UK)

Nokia Universal CR-123 Mobile Phone Holder - Black
Nokia Universal CR-123 Mobile Phone Holder - Black
Price: 15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good piece of kit, 26 Feb 2014
Having Nokia "Drive Here" maps on my Lumia 720, I thought I should start using the facility. This is the ideal holder for it. The support bracket (where you route the power cable) slides out, so positioning your phone so no buttons are pressed, is not an issue - see some earlier reviews.
Could argue that the holder should grip the phone a little tighter, but this is a minor issue as it does not wobble about during use.
Clamp suction mechanism is excellent - much better than the TomTom GPS holder I have replaced - and has not fallen off during use.
Sturdy, well-manufactured bit of equipment - recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 26 Feb 2014
Wow! How easy was that? Having been through the pain and suffering of changing a few windscreen wipers over the years, these were a joy to fit to my VW Golf.
Ususal high quality Bosch blades perform well and are well worth the extra.
Did do a price comparison in Halfords (Jan 14) and these work out about 8.00 cheaper including postage.
Excellent product!

Dolextech high qulity mofi Nokia Lumia 720 phone case cover stand (For Nokia Lumia 720, gray)
Offered by DOLEXTECH

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cover, if not the most sexy..!, 11 Sep 2013
Had this a few months now and it is a great cover. It's not wonderful to look at and I would have preferred a different material for the cover, but that's a minor point. The phone holder is excellent; a good grade of plastic that has not shattered into pieces when I've inadvertently knocked or dropped the phone. The stand is usable and ideal for watching videos on the phone or reading documents. Compared to other cases, this one is well worth the money.

Supergets HTC Wildfire S Black Hydro Gel Case, Screen Protector And Polishing Cloth
Offered by MGT Group

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal!, 28 July 2011
Speedy delivery - ordered late on 26 July 11 and arrived with morning post on 28 July 11.
No bulky pacakging, so it came through the letter box.
Easy to fit - fits snugly around my Wildfire S.
I was rather wary of the screen protector, however, it fits well, with a cut out for the proximity sensors on the phone. It has back and front peel offs, so easy to fit, and I have found that there is minimal difference in using the touch screen. My only complaint would be the rather small cleaning cloth!
All in all, does exactly as it says - well worth the money. :)

Shogun [5 Disc Box Set] [DVD]
Shogun [5 Disc Box Set] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Richard Chamberlain
Price: 13.63

4.0 out of 5 stars Epic?, 27 July 2011
Received this for my birthday as I had it on my Wish List (and forgotten!).

Whilst looking slightly dated - it is a very 80's American mini-series - it's still a good story that has the authentic (frustrating?) approach of no subtitles during the Japanese dialogue. I think I can appreciate that the producers wanted us to experience the feeling of helplessness when not being able to communicate. The helpful voice over man is straight from the American Announcer School, though...

Seeing this when it first came out, I bought the book and read it in 2 days. Would highly recommend the book!

A DVD set of 5 discs, nicely presented (even though it is plastic and cardboard) with an information booklet also included.

I enjoyed it immensely, but would not recommend it for anyone under 40... :D

Sony UWABR100 USB Network Adapter Bringing Wireless Internet Access to Your Wi-Fi Ready TV
Offered by atvparthubs
Price: 69.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Sony UWABR100 USB Network Adapter, 8 Nov 2010
It was with some trepidation that I opened this item, having read the "mixed" reviews. As stated in other reviews, build quality is as expected with Sony i.e. very good. The items comes with a solid USB adapter base and a 1.5m cable, giving some flexibility to it's position. Item plugged into USB port on Bravia TV and was up and running within seconds. I have my hub in the next room and get approx. 90-95% signal strength, so no worries there. Overall, quick and easy, the only gripe (as with others) is the price.

Just as an aside, I did connect up using my homeplugs as well (router to TV LAN port) and although slightly improved performance, my wife wasn't too happy with the wires trailing across the living room...

All in all, happy with this item, only loses 1 star because of the cost.

WD Elements 1TB External Desktop Hard Drive USB 2.0 - Black
WD Elements 1TB External Desktop Hard Drive USB 2.0 - Black
Offered by AOT (VAT registered)
Price: 99.99

4.0 out of 5 stars WD Elements 1TB External HDD, 13 Sep 2010
Does exactly what it's meant to do. Applied power, plugged in USB, followed Windows 7 actions and away we go. It would be nice with an on/off switch and a light on the front to show it's working (rather than on the back), but at this price, you can't complain. It's quiet and doesn't get overly warm, so overall, very good.

Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000
Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000

4.0 out of 5 stars MS Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000, 13 Sep 2010
Good bit of kit. Connected and worked within seconds and no stupid dongle to worry about! Can't comment on battery life at this stage, but this is a solid and well-built mouse - typical MS standards. Good feel about it and does everything that I want it to. As usual for a Notebook mouse, it's slightly smaller than a standard PC mouse, but is ok for me.