Profile for wolverine > Reviews

Content by wolverine

wolverine (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Built-in Furniture: A Gallery of Ideas for the Home (Idea Book)
Built-in Furniture: A Gallery of Ideas for the Home (Idea Book)
by Jim Tolpin

5.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating book, 27 May 2014
If you are interested in how furniture is constructed and how you can make the most of the unused corners of your home, this book is ideal.

Some of the finished designs look a little dated now, but the ideas are still sound; they just need translated into more modern tastes.

Carhartt Workwear Duck Bib & Brace Overall W34/L36
Carhartt Workwear Duck Bib & Brace Overall W34/L36
Offered by Eliware
Price: 72.50

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent item, 27 May 2014
Just a great item. Very, very well made, great fit, excellent fabric. Just love them!

These are expensive, but I'm hoping that they will last long enough to make the cost look more reasonable.

Dyson DC14 & DC15 Pre-Filter Assy 907682-03 (Genuine)
Dyson DC14 & DC15 Pre-Filter Assy 907682-03 (Genuine)
Offered by Spares4Appliances
Price: 14.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Great filter - like having a new machine, 27 May 2014
Dyson suction has been deteriorating since we bought it, and was terrible until we changed these filters. Think I will buy a new set each year now, as they make such a difference.

The Hairy Dieters: How to Love Food and Lose Weight
The Hairy Dieters: How to Love Food and Lose Weight
by Hairy Bikers
Price: 7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, with recipes I will actually eat., 27 May 2014
Unlike a lot of diet books, there are recipes in here I actually eat most weeks, and really enjoy.

The Cassoulet is spectacular!

Charnwood T4F Flexible Tab, Pack of 2500
Charnwood T4F Flexible Tab, Pack of 2500
Offered by UK Framing Supplies Ltd
Price: 5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great item - but the edges are sharp!, 27 May 2014
Item is great, but make sure you tape over the back of the frame. Even when the pointy end is buried, the edges of these tacks are sharp, and I have blood on a picture frame to prove it!

Picture Frame Assembly Tab Gun
Picture Frame Assembly Tab Gun
Offered by UK Framing Supplies Ltd
Price: 27.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, especially for softwood frames, 27 May 2014
I've only recently received the product, but I have started some test runs on samples of offcut frame stock.

What I have learned is that is works very well on softwoods. On woods such as Oak and Sapele, it only really buries the end 25-30% of the pin in the wood, leaving a lot of the 'tail' of the pin sticking out, even with the gun on the highest setting.

It is very reasonably priced, especially given it's metal construction, and will be fine for hobbyist use.

Stanley 083100 Band-Clamp 4.5m/15ft
Stanley 083100 Band-Clamp 4.5m/15ft
Price: 8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for picture frames, 24 May 2014
Love this item so far. The ability to install the clamp and then make fine adjustments to the tension make it a really good tool.

I've used it for a few picture frames, and it's allowed me to get plenty of tension on whilst gluing up - no nasty gaps on the mitred corners....

Parks & Recreation Seasons One & Two (UK release) [DVD]
Parks & Recreation Seasons One & Two (UK release) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Amy Poehler
Price: 20.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Class, 16 Sep 2013
Just love this series. Got into it by watching it on BBC, and wanted to own it. Can't wait for the next series.

Masterplug SRGAUSBPW Surge Protected Mains USB Charger
Masterplug SRGAUSBPW Surge Protected Mains USB Charger
Offered by Office Nerd
Price: 9.30

4.0 out of 5 stars Really great product, just two small niggles..., 16 Sep 2013
I only have a double plug by my side of the bed, so I wanted to be able to charge my iPhone and keep a couple of other things plugged in too. With the additional bonus to surge protection, this seemed an ideal product, and in many ways, it is.

Two small niggles:

1) The two circular displays on the top left and top right of the front face glow very brightly in blue. This creates quite a bit of unwanted light when I am sleeping. Nothing some black tape won't fix, but I am not convinced these two lights are needed.

2) The two USB ports must charge devices at the same voltage. If I plug in my iPhone 5 or charge my iPad 2, it works fine. Charging the both at the same time creates a conflict and causes one of the two devices to complain that it is not plugged into an approved charger, and stop charging.

As I say, just minor niggles, all in all a great product.

Everbuild Flue Jointing Non Setting Compound - 500g
Everbuild Flue Jointing Non Setting Compound - 500g
Offered by AP Motor Store
Price: 7.45

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 9 May 2013
I bought this product to run around a joint between my stove and the flu pipe. I found that when the stove expanded and contracted as it heated up and cooled down, a hard-setting compound crumbled and dropped out.

Well, this does too, but instead of being flaky dry stuff that you can vacuum or sweep up, because it doesn't ever set, it's black and gooey, especially when it's hot.

Am now trying a tube of Vitcas 1250 deg C compound.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3