Profile for J Dove > Reviews

Content by J Dove

J Dove

Page: 1 | 2
Poppy Day (No Greater Love)
Poppy Day (No Greater Love)
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 17 Jun 2013
I enjoyed reading this book. It was a bit gruesome for me in parts and perhaps slightly unbelievable but overall I enjoyed it.

Freeing Grace
Freeing Grace
Price: 4.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, page turner.Really enjoyed it., 17 Jun 2013
This review is from: Freeing Grace (Kindle Edition)
I thought this was a great book and went on to look for more books by the same author. A great read.

Oh Dear Silvia
Oh Dear Silvia
Price: 3.32

4.0 out of 5 stars Strangely enjoyable, 23 Mar 2013
This review is from: Oh Dear Silvia (Kindle Edition)
This was an interesting storyline..made me wonder what my family and friends would say to me in a similar situation!!
I think I have to stop being disappointed by books which have a less than happy ending..!
I found the relationship between Ed and Winnie unbelievable and wished that the children had had some form of explanation for the behaviour of their mother.
Well written and I hope to read more from Ms French! Bravo!

What Have I Done? (No Greater Love)
What Have I Done? (No Greater Love)
Price: 1.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed this sad tale, 23 Mar 2013
I enjoyed this book but just couldnt comprehend that an intelligent woman would tolerate this level of abuse and be able to function, sit even so I dont think it was very believable.
I found it very disturbing indeed.
The end was very disappointing but maybe because of my desire for a happy ending for all. I found the children to be as monstrous as the father. Read it in a day.

Thermoplastic Iron Holder Put It Straight Away After Use No Need To Wait To Cool Down
Offered by USAVEUK FREE UK DELIVERY FAST DISPATCH
Price: 12.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 23 Mar 2013
Fine, replaces an identical product which had been broken. Iron fits snugly and keeps it out of the way. Would recommend

Laurence Olivier, A Life In Film (Movie Greats)
Laurence Olivier, A Life In Film (Movie Greats)
Price: 0.77

1.0 out of 5 stars Pants, 23 Mar 2013
Didnt enjoy this short account at all. Most certainly would not recommend. Still to find a good book about this amazing actor.

Dear Fatty
Dear Fatty
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 23 Mar 2013
This review is from: Dear Fatty (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book although I sometimes found the way it was written a little challenging. I had to keep checking who Dawn French was writing to in each chapter but maybe thats my poor concentration!
Her account of her troubles with 'Len' I found very sad as she said there was no question of them separating ..yet as we all know, they have since. Cliched though it is, I felt for her and empathised with what she was suffering after so many years of marriage. I went on to read Oh Dear Sylvia which I also enjoyed. Good for you Dawn...a brilliant author as well as a very funny lady and clearly one of life's survivors.

The Two of Us: My Life with John Thaw
The Two of Us: My Life with John Thaw
Price: 4.12

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed this, 23 Mar 2013
I really enjoyed this frank and honest account of Sheila Hancock and John Thaws life together.
From his difficult childhood which was heart breaking to alcoholism, it was an honest account.
I found myself missing chunks out however to get to the part of the story I was more interested in.
Sheila's grief after John's death was very sad and left me wondering if she is ok now.

The Little Girl in the Radiator: Mum Alzheimer's & Me
The Little Girl in the Radiator: Mum Alzheimer's & Me
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars All very familiar, 23 Mar 2013
My mother suffers from vascular dementia and so many of the things in this book were familiar scenarios.
I guessed early on that the girl in the radiator was the mother and sympathised with her feeling of being trapped.
I found the every day challenges of trying to do a job and look after an elderly parent very well described and the obvious love of the author for his mother shone through. Challenging the care of such patients was brave and most welcome as I have had similar issues with both my parents and criticism is not welcomed.
Full marks here to the author for writing such an honest account and for tackling such an emotive issue.

The Lives She Left Behind: Many Lifetimes. One Love
The Lives She Left Behind: Many Lifetimes. One Love
Price: 2.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb..., 8 Jan 2013
Since reading Ferney I have hoped there would be a sequel so I was thrilled to spot this on Amazon. Read it in days, sometimes in the wee small hours.
Thoroughly enjoyed it and hope we havent heard the last from Ferney and Gally.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 13, 2013 1:47 PM BST