Profile for Mike > Reviews

Ra
Ra
Offered by Eds Attic Music Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Fairytales do come true, 3 Feb 2004
This review is from: Ra (Audio CD)
25 years ago I got my first copy of this stunning album on vinyl. At the time I was listening to Blackmore and Page, so the idea of sitting down to hear a 20 minute track that tells us an 'electric fairytale' was not something that I would have naturally chosen, but luckily (for me) I had friends who knew better.
Todd brings something extra to music that is hard to describe, but here is truly what a concept album should be all about. The wonderful guitar sounds that bring 'Bat out of Hell' to life, fill this album from start to finish. Although that would be enough to justify its purchase, there is so much more - the keyboards, bass and drums all play an integral part to produce something which will always be amongst my favourite albums of all time (alongside Hendrix, Zeppelin, Yes and Genesis).
Todd has created a vast array of wide ranging music over the years. This is what he does best, with the band that he does it best with. If you have never heard this yet, then your musical education is not complete. Buy it now, you will not be dissappointed.