Profile for C. Goodall > Reviews

C. Goodall

Karrimor Amazon Sandals Ladies Black/Pink 7 UK UK
Karrimor Amazon Sandals Ladies Black/Pink 7 UK UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, fast delivery, 30 Jun 2012
I bought these sandals as I needed some comfy practical sandals for walking. I have had a lot of problems with sandal straps rubbing my feet raw in the past, but these seem well padded and all the straps are adjustable. I bought them in my usual shoe size and they fit well with lots of length and good arch support - I think the only reason you would need to buy them up a size is if your feet are wide. The delivery was VERY fast - ordered yesterday late afternoon, and they came this morning along with a free sports direct mug which I'm not entirely sure what to do with, but which was an interesting surprise! Great value shoes for the sale price.

Shark Attack 3 [DVD]
Shark Attack 3 [DVD]
Offered by MasterDVD
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars So bad: so brilliant., 2 Feb 2007
This review is from: Shark Attack 3 [DVD] (DVD)
I was initially unsure what star rating to give this film, as it really is one of the most poorly scripted, filmed and acted films I have ever seen. The majority of the shark footage seems to have come straight from the Animal Planet basement. The sound is poorly synched for half the film, giving the impression of a film that has been dubbed into English. The script sounds like the dramatic equivalent of congealed monkey vomit; the best line of the film is unrepeatable here, but please watch out for when John Barrowman begins to say, "hunting for this shark has got me really wired..." and listen to what he suggests next.

Special effects-wise, this film is also significantly lacking. The giant shark repeatedly changes size during a five minute sequence, from having a mouth big enough to swallow a lifeboat full of people, to being just big enough to swallow a single person whole. This may be because the "special effects" are really just 15 seconds of footage showing a shark jumping out of the water which have been scaled up and down (possibly on Windows 95) to suit.

However, due to this and much, much more in the way of implausibility, plot holes, poor effects, scripting, dubbing and acting, it is one of the funniest films I have seen for a long time. Watch it with your friends, scream with laughter, then recommend it to everyone you know. But be warned: if you want any real scares, please get "Jaws" instead.

GCSE Bitesize Revision: History (Complete Revision Guide)
GCSE Bitesize Revision: History (Complete Revision Guide)
by Allan Todd

5.0 out of 5 stars A helpful guide., 14 Jun 2003
A very useful revision guide, and in my opinion more useful and better laid out than the similar CGP one.

Revised History (Schools History Project) (GCSE Bitesize Revision)
Revised History (Schools History Project) (GCSE Bitesize Revision)
by BBC

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the Good Guides., 7 Jun 2003
As a student coming up to my GCSEs, I think I might have died of sheer panic without the BBC Bitesize resources available to me. I think that the Bitesize History Revision Guide is better laid out than the CGP one, with topics such as Surgery in one "chapter" rather than events in Medicine through Time discussed as they happen in a timeline. It makes the guide much easier to revise from.
It also has many useful features such as a Revision Checklist, so that you can make sure you have learnt everything, and tear out mini notes that you can carry around if you need to revise quickly.
My only warning with this revision guide is that the sample exam questions that are given may not be applicable to the exam board that your school is using, so be careful, the question style may differ.
This Bitesize Guide is on Medicine through Time, Germany, and The American West.

Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code
Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code
by Eoin Colfer
Price: 11.26

4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointing, but still worth a read., 24 May 2003
Etertnity Code, on it's own, would stand as a good, if slightly confusing, book. But it is not the best in the Artemis Fowl series.
The action is as good as ever, with the heist written to perfection, and many new and breathtaking pieces of technology at Artemis', and the People's, disposal. There is also a lot of fantastic black humour, with plenty of amusing one liners. All our favourite characters are back including Foaly and Diggums, but unfortunately Butler (my favourite character) and Root have little to do, with Juliet and Holly taking centre stage. I also found the first chapter quite slow and a little confusing, and needed to read it through several times to understand it thoroughly.
I don't think it is as good as the previous installment of Artemis's adventures, The Arctic Incident, but I would recommend this book to any fan of the Artemis Fowl series.